Voices

Stories of the Empire

Voices

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:48 am

3653 BBY, Month 4 – Korriban, Chambers of the Dark Council

Darth Baras rose from his seat to address the Dark Council, gesturing broadly, “Fellow Dark Councilors with the issues that beset our Empire I would like to turn our eyes to the backwater world of Bankor. The recent military action by the Republic was impressive if limited, it gave us some insight into their current war methodology and more importantly Intelligence on the day when they will inevitably break this accord and we can crush them like insects.”

Darth Marr, appearing via holo, replied, “I am sure that the Voice of the Emperor has something more than empty gloating to offer this chamber. Get to your point.”

“Patience Darth Marr, I am getting to that. I bring up the Bankor affair because I wish to put forth a proposal to better realign our military from the disparate mess of authority it stands at currently into a more nimble creature to better direct the Sword of the Emperor. While we bicker, our enemy grows in strength in solidarity. We simply have too much overlap and oversight to lead our forces with speed and precision,” Baras countered firmly cutting right to the heart of the matter, well one of the matters he wished to address.

Darth Vengean chimed in, “Agreed, Darth Marr cede your authority to me.”

Marr responded, “I don’t entertain levity.”

“I wasn’t joking,” Vengean said sternly.

“Please, it is far too early to decide who will lead and more important that we look at how to best improve our command structure. I have created a proposal-” Baras started before he and all the other Dark Councilors turned to the chamber doors swinging wide.

In stepped the familiar gloss red gleaming armor of the Imperial Guard flanking a hooded figure, nearly a head shorter than his retinue. The Emperor of the Sith had arrived. When had he arrived? Was he not in some deep slumber… the Night of a Thousand Terrors… things started to make sense in the calculating mind of Darth Baras but the greatest concern was fear.

The crimson retinue stopped at the edge of the floor but the Emperor continued quietly until he was at the center of the chamber. He spoke quietly yet his voice carried well around the room, “My Dark Council, it pleases me to find you well, though incomplete. Even with Jadus returning from his sabbatical I still see two seats empty.”

The Dark Councilors looked at the Emperor and then each other before settling on the Voice. Darth Baras maintained a neutral look as he wondered if his death was only moments away. He finally broke the long silence and said, “My Lord, we have been focused on maintaining your Empire and making sure we are ready to act as extensions of your will.”

“Baras, Vengean’s pet, how unexpected. Where is the Voice, I long to speak with her, I call for her but she has been silent,” the Emperor.

Baras looked around the chamber, he was prey in a pack of predators ready to pounce and he was powerless to stop the inevitable. He continued on with a version of the truth, “The Voice left Imperial space, she has not been seen in some time and we feared your word would be silent. I took on the mantle of your Voice, until such time you returned to give your guidance.”

The Emperor nodded at the words and said, “Well I admire your foresight, Baras. You may remain on this Dark Council as I value your honesty but I do not grant you the title of Voice, though for now you may act in that capacity until such time I find a suitable candidate.”

The Dark Lord of the Sith continued, “Now, my children, explain to me how Peace has served my Empire.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Return to Tales from the Holonet