Laboratory Games (Day 2 Late afternoon, Alister's Lab)

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

Laboratory Games (Day 2 Late afternoon, Alister's Lab)

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:12 am

It wasn't often that Alister got visitors in his lab, But Lady Dayana apparently had some business she wanted to discuss. Waiting in his living spaces he cracked open a bottle of wine to let it breathe.

Now though was the difficult part, finding two wineglasses that matched. It'd become a rare occurrence of late and proved that it was likely time he bought more.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Re: Laboratory Games (Day 2 Late afternoon, Alister's Lab)

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:08 am

Dayana walked into the lab with her assistant by her side. Camilla held a small bag, apparently important enough for her to have been ordered to hold it stiffly.

"Does wine not interfere with you work?" the redhead teased.
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 am

"You'd think it would, wouldn't you." Alister offered with a slight smile. "But as long as I don't over indulge I'll be just fine." He moved to pour a pair of glasses, fairly certain Dayana's aide wasn't going to partake. "So as long as you're not looking to get me drunk, I think I'll be just fine."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 am

"Overindulgence of liquor is often a sign of boredom. I'm certain that won't be the case anyways." Dayana took her glass with a smile and 'glanced' over at Camilla. The assistant had opened up her mouth in protest but was silenced when their 'eyes' met.
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:06 pm

The look was noticed, but Alister didn't pry. Whatever the aide wanted to say wasn't really any of his business, though maybe she had wanted a little wine. "I hope to not disappoint you in that regard, M'lady." He replied taking a sip of his wine.

"But really, there is no need to standign around chatting. Please have a seat." He offered as he moved towards the couch. We can chat, and you can tell me me about that package your aide has brought along..." He smirked slightly. "Unless that's some kind of secret."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:10 pm

"So curious. I suppose that is why you are so talented in academics." Dayana placed her wine glass in front of her seat and did not plop down just yet. Instead, she began to disrobe.

Camilla stepped forward and said, "My lord-"

"Oh please." The Sith Lord continued to shed her dress. By the end of the ordeal, she held it out for her assistant to take. "My dearest assistant brought me a change of clothing. The matter at hand is that I believe you could help... improve upon my attire. Not in the fashionable sense, though I have faith in your abilities regarding that. No, I imagine you're clever enough to know what I mean."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:29 pm

"You don't receive answers without asking questions." Alister said in response, watching as she began to disrobe. She wasn't bothered by it and he wasn't going to turn away from such a lovely sight. "Exquisite." He murmured at last, before flicking his eyes towards the assistant and holding out his hand for the dress.

"I do believe I know what you have in mind, Lady Dayana." He took another sip of his wine and set his cup to the side, as his gaze returned to the red headed woman. "And I can in all likelihood. Such adjustments generally don't come cheap though."

"I'm sure those are details that can he handled with ease though."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Camilla bowed her head deeply as she offered the dress. The armor plating was more obvious in somebody's hands.

"Haven't you heard that some Sith despise questions?" Dayana remarked. She motioned for her assistant to bring over the spare set of clothing that had been brought along. "Now then, perhaps I should make sure that Camilla here doesn't faint from shock."

As she got dressed, she continued to smile. "I believe that no one should spare any expense when it comes to personal safety."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:55 pm

"I've heard quite a few things, M'lady. Still, I'll keep that in mind in the future." Turning his eyes towards Camilla, he smiled slightly. "She does seem a bit of a prude, I almost suggested we all strip to see if that put her at ease." The last was said with a bit of a teasing tone as he turned his eyes back towards Dayana.

"Mmm..." He nodded at that. "I should probably call Vair'ea in to go over the actual numbers." His hands moved over the cloth, seeking out the various armor plates. "I can can have a little done today, but I'd need to keep in until tomorrow at the very least to finish all of it...
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:04 am

"To some, being questioned is a challenge to authority. To me, that shows uncertainty in one's machinations." Dayana shrugged. "If my plan comes under scrutiny, then I know I can defend it with sound logic."

The Sith Lord stifled a laugh and waved off Camilla. "I'm certain you'll enjoy addressing the various necessities of House Valthren's affairs. I promise I won't get into too much trouble."

Dayana took a seat and finally began sipping her wine. "I see. Well, unless someone attempts to take my life in the next twenty-four hours, that will be acceptable."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:52 am

To Alister avoiding questions or disliking them portrayed fear. He wasn't going to tell the Sith Lord that though. The likelihood of it going well was poor. "A lesson to be remembered, Lady Dayana."

His lips curled into a half smile as she laughed. "That makes me think that the work on this dress isnt the only thing you have in mind. But I won't pry anymore into that today."

Her last comment brought a smirk and soft chuckle. "I'm sure there is little to worry about there. You are likely to charm any would be assassins into laying down there arms. Still, I'll be as quick as I can. I'll likely start within the hour."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:56 am

"Oh there is always much on my mind, darling, and not enough time to address all of it." Dayana sighed and sipped some of her wine. "The political arena has everyone riled up, regardless of whether they are seeking a seat on the Council or not."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:12 am

"Quite true." Alister confirmed, and it had to be bad if alister had noticed it with as little attention he paid to most political affairs. "Honestly I even think it's started to spread to the military."

He shook his head. "Hopefully it will all pass as soon as this business with the Council is over."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 am

"Oh, the military and politics could barely be considered separate. The same could not be said for the Galactic Republic." Dayana shrugged. "It may pass from your attention but it is always there, darling."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:19 am

"So we're always in trouble then?" Alister mused thoughtfully. "Tumbling from one problem to the next, always on the verge for some sort of desperate confortation?" As it seemed that was what she was implying. "Or is that perhaps being a bit overly dramatic?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:41 am

"Dramatic and yet I imagine it may be part of this Empire's design." Dayana shrugged. "If the Dark Council did not squabble and instead unified, they might seek to overthrow the Emperor. It has happened before, and even still, this requires more and more replacements. Ultimately, it is rather inefficient."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 am

Politics weren't Alister's strong suit, in fact it was something he tended to avoid. Only part of that was due to his rather radical beliefs on some subjects as well. "One can say it's a rather treacherous slope we stand in then. I'm sure we'll manage though." He took a moment to savor a sip of his wine.

"But were politics all you wished to talk about? I know they are quite pressing right now. I thought in the privacy of my home it might be fine to relax a little though."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:39 am

"Someone needs to make sure that you're well-educated," Dayana mused. She then shrugged and sipped her wine. "What else is there to talk about then, hm?"

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 am

"Education is it?" Alister replied with a raised eyebrow. "Am I to be charged?" He finished his tone a bit teasing.

"Oh any numbers of things. I'm sure you have some interests outside of politics after all. Perhaps you'll be so kind as to tell me of some?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Return to New Adasta