Help Computah [D7LA]

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

Re: Help Computah [D7LA]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 pm

"It sounds," Xyll interjected, "as if this process requires a certain mental strength. "If that is the case, I might volunteer myself instead. I am no stranger to non-physical pain."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:30 pm

Why didn't he normally get this many test subjects? "Honestly I would suggest we use a slave as the initial test subject."

"As I said though if one of you two wish to be the first, I won't argue though. Let me see if I can get this interface up and running.

((Skill and diff, plus anything else to get the interface working?))
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:33 pm

OOC: Mechanics at Easy.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:41 pm

A task that seemed easy enouch, as Alister had the device ready to be used fairly quickly considering the task at hand.

mechanics at easy, lets get lobotomized: 2eP+3eA+1eD 3 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:44 pm

OOC: Discipline or Cool check at Average with two setback due to the alien physiology and incomplete understanding of the tech at hand to interface with the device.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:56 am

Xyll nodded once the device had been completed. Took a quick glance at Lucinia to see if the woman wanted to assert some right to being 'first', concluced that she could go ahead; and then took a seat to allow the doctor to hook her into the interface.

Once it was all fired up... she'd manage to sort through it all with ample ease. Her mind more than strong enough to deal with any pain or discomfort, and more than disciplined enough to keep going.

Discipline with Destiny and 2 setbacks: 4eP+2eS+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:04 am

The connection is bright, she feels like she is floating in water and then the light gives way to the trauma of becoming, she is a child but not human, she is another species she is Rakatan and experiences childhood every pain staking day of growth in a household of soldiers and scholars in an Empire that would never fall.

They had slaves of many ancient species serving her or was it him? It was hard to tell as she progressed from a child into maturity and fought in battles across the ancient galaxy. She eventually found mate and had her own children and soon passed into a long tail of old age as this species had a long life due to the high level technology before she dies holding the hand of her son sharing his final wisdom and the connection severs.

She is back in the room perhaps no more than ten minutes passed but she feels the memories of at least two centuries in her mind which is painful and they quickly fade but she can understand ancient Rakatan as well.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:10 am

The memories were almost overwhelming, but somehow she held on and pushed herself past the experience. When it was over, she sat there quietly for a while, trying to hold on to them as best she could... though she could feel them slipping from her.

She relayed some of them as best she could; little more than a few words and phrases detailing a decade here, an important life event there... and then they were all gone. But she could sense...

"...I know Rakatan."

She looked toward the device again, could she communicate with it further? Use her newfound knowledge of their language to pierce yet more secrets?
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 am

She looked to Xyll curiously as she spoke, making her statement.

"Show me."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:52 am

"Give me something to translate... or talk to."

((anything I can do with the machine now that I can understand Rakatan?))
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:06 am

The images on screen are a readout of status conditions, right now the system is working on the 416,786,654th simulation and it is currently running with an error rate of less than .1% and basically just has similar data but nothing of what the system is actually running without the interface.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:09 am

Xyll relayed that information to the others.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:49 am

"Interesting." Alister murmured thoughtfully. "It seems it directly implant knowledge into your brain. I wonder if it damaged any of your neural pathways." It was completely possible.

"We should really do a complete scan of your brain in the near future." The rest of the information seemed to be of less importance to the scientist. At least for the moment.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 am

Shaisha blinked a few times.

"All this is making my head spin..." she grumbled. Though it could still be the after-effects of yesterday's fight.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:53 am

She chuckled, "If my brain's suffered any damage, I can assure you it did so long before this day."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:10 am

Xyll can see that there is more than on simulation running on this system, they seem to be labeled as follows; Simulation Victory, Simulation Ascension, and Simulation Ark.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:13 am

Assuming she could press buttons or nudge the screen to display different information... she would pull up the information on 'Simulation Ascension'.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:14 am

Jo'ren nodded at Xyll and laughed. "That's good. At least it didn't turn your brain to mush."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:18 am

Xyll Vanth wrote:Assuming she could press buttons or nudge the screen to display different information... she would pull up the information on 'Simulation Ascension'.

The brief reads as best as he can understand and translate a chance to live and perfect one’s mental state through lifetime simulation, digital reincarnation to better understand the self.

Form of self perfection?
Dapper Dog

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:21 am

Well, if her arm stopped working later today it wasn't any business of his. So the scientist offered a shrug.

"I suppose the question is. Can we figure out what its calculations are about. If not we might as well attempt to reverse engineer the technology."
Description
Alister Dravvad

PreviousNext

Return to New Adasta