Help Computah [D7LA]

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

Re: Help Computah [D7LA]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:23 am

Interesting...

She tried to actually start up the ascension simulation; see if maybe she could experience whatever it was, the same way she'd experienced the other simulation. Improving one's mental state certainly seemed promising, after all.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 am

Lucinia studied the information almost hungrily, looking at Xyll with interest lightly tinged with jealousy.

"It sounds rather like a training device. Of a sort." She frowned. "See what other information you can get from it."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Xyll Vanth wrote:Interesting...

She tried to actually start up the ascension simulation; see if maybe she could experience whatever it was, the same way she'd experienced the other simulation. Improving one's mental state certainly seemed promising, after all.

It is currently set to that simulation.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:46 pm

"There are several other simulations available," she said, interacting with the machine, "Let me see if I can load another one..."

Figuring out that it had in fact already been set to the Ascension simulation, she picked a different simulation... the Victory one.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm

OOC: Is she going back in?
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:23 pm

((Yep, if possible, though if the description of that simulation says something like: warning, will lead to death, then no))
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:21 am

A training device, that could be interesting. It explained the way it worked as well, placing information directly in the subjects brain. It was an aburd method, and likely far from satisfactory, but it worked. At least enough to teahc the sith girl a dead language.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:43 am

Xyll Vanth wrote:((Yep, if possible, though if the description of that simulation says something like: warning, will lead to death, then no))

The simulation puts her opn a battlefield on some exotic world as a foot soldier and she is killed over and over and over and over… it seems like years have passed of death and battle but when she disconnects it has been five minutes…

Again her mind is frazzled as it tries to grip the memories. This seemed to be a war, an apocalyptic Empire ending one… but she can’t pull any more details from it.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:47 am

Again she reels from the experience.

"Battle simulator," she says, before switching the machine over to the one other simulation that was there. The Ark Simulator. Something about that title gave her a little pause, though, so she didn't jump into it straight away. She wanted to read the brief on what it was about first.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:51 am

The Ark simulator is different, it seems to have one continually running stance and shows over 11 million connections simultaneously. It seems to be drawing the most computing power.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:56 am

That was... kind of a relief. And rather exciting too. Still, she was cautious.

"I'm going to access the last simulation," she said. "I have suspicions about what it is. But if I come out of it and don't seem like myself... well," she grinned, "try to restrain me without breaking my nose or anything."

And then she'd go in.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:58 am

And she gets an error and is back out.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:00 am

"Damn it! It's not letting me access it!"

She started to look for some way of *forcing* a connection. Hopefully her newfound understanding of their language might help.

"If my suspicion is right, they... turned themselves into data somehow. Like a holocron. There's more than 11 million of them in there."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:10 am

"That's interesting. Though it leads me to wonder why they would need to do that and what the sought to accomplish." They likely foresaw the end of their empire. "As well as what they plan to do when they are released, as I can't say they did such a thing for no reason at all."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 am

"Well." Lucinia said. "That is fascinating..."

She pursed her lips. "I would hesitate to give them access to anything. But I wonder if we could let one of them out. Give it a voice. Put it in another console, one with no net access or anything."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:15 pm

"Putting a ghost in a box, so to speak?" she mused at Lucinia's idea.

"Sounds at least way too risky to try to insert one of our minds into it, if it does draw in psyches into something like a holocron."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Xyll Vanth wrote:"Damn it! It's not letting me access it!"

She started to look for some way of *forcing* a connection. Hopefully her newfound understanding of their language might help.

"If my suspicion is right, they... turned themselves into data somehow. Like a holocron. There's more than 11 million of them in there."

The error she can parse is basically reading a physiology mismatch and then a second error which states the interface not found, so it may require a different interface than what they have connected to it.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:39 pm

She frowned. "It'll only accept Rakatan physiology for this one, it seems. And there's an interface error."

Xyll thought it over for a second. "Maybe giving one a voice would work, like you said."

She started trying to figure out a way to implement Lucinia's idea.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:29 am

"I am somewhat intrigued by what so many years of isolation in a device would do to a mind. Even if there are several million of them inside." Alister mused thoughtfully. "Would they be in some sort of stasis like a long sleep or in some sort of simulation where they can speak with others of their race and have what amounts to a somewhat typical version of life."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Previous

Return to New Adasta