Lost... Thing. [D7 MA]

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

Lost... Thing. [D7 MA]

Postby Shelzais Sek on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:06 am

"No, no, my dear, you don't understand. It's not mine."

The front desk clerk at the New Adasta Companion Animal Reapportionment Facility was looking somewhat overwhelmed. Shelzais often had that effect on people.

"You see, this strange sentient lurking around my docking bay abandoned a bag in the passage and I took the bag in to Public Safety and turned it in, in case it was a bomb, you know, and they were very polite about it but this... thing was in there and they simply wouldn't take it." Shel's normally smooth purr was a trifle agitated, her speech a bit faster than usual, and the desk clerk--an elderly Human who at best guess seemed to be a retiree volunteer--apparently at least moderately hard of hearing. "No, I don't want another one! Absolutely not! I have one too many already!"

Shelzais stood helpless, gingerly clutching something soft and shivering in both hands, held awkwardly away from her expensively tailored coat.

It looked more or less like a small canine of some kind, if it had been left in the sun too long and started to melt.

Faced with a flustered Sith, the retiree/clerk faltered somewhat, but stuck to her guns, plunging ahead with her set speech about how sheffi were bred from pack animals and were really happiest in a home with at least one other member of the species, preferably two or more....

--

D7 Evidence of Sedition or Disloyalty--Hard Charm check, Congenial lowers tn (1 strain), Cascader, boost from Sense Emotions, Influence: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eF+2eD 3 successes, 3 advantage, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Re: Lost... Thing. [D7 MA]

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:13 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:Snip

Unaware of the Sheffi syndrome ahead Jan walked through the Facilities automatic doors carrying a huge steaming delivery case of what smelt like fried food.

"Yeah so this is thank you for your help yesterday with the dancing grox problem and I just wanted to say."
She thunks the case down and blinks in surprise as now there is a Shelzais standing there holding a thing...

"Uh....say that um, it was all your fault anyway, I have no toleration for weakness and love only doing evil and related evil things...this isn't even thank you food, it's evil food to make you feel bad."

She shoots the sith a friendly finger gun, can't have people going around saying nice things about you on Ziost!
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Shelzais Sek on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:27 am

"Oh... hello--" Shelzais recognized Jan immediately (she was a memorable woman, after all) and brightened a trifle at this happy distraction from her plight.

Unfortunately for Shel, the thing was also very happy to see Jan--or rather, to smell the containers of food Jan was carrying. Shel's grip on the critter was tentative at best, which had been just fine when it was too nervous(?) to do more than quiver in her hands, but was by no means sufficient now to stop it from wiggling loose... and making a flailing leap for the delicious snacks!

Shel squeaked. It was quite undignified, and not at all convincingly evil-sounding.
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

Shelzais Sek

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:37 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:"Oh... hello--" Shelzais recognized Jan immediately (she was a memorable woman, after all) and brightened a trifle at this happy distraction from her plight.

Unfortunately for Shel, the thing was also very happy to see Jan--or rather, to smell the containers of food Jan was carrying. Shel's grip on the critter was tentative at best, which had been just fine when it was too nervous(?) to do more than quiver in her hands, but was by no means sufficient now to stop it from wiggling loose... and making a flailing leap for the delicious snacks!

Shel squeaked. It was quite undignified, and not at all convincingly evil-sounding.

The Sheffi flies through the air for one glorious moment, its whole being focused on that pile of food, today was the day it ate and grew strong. Today was the day it would devour the-

Jan's hand flies out and grabs the poor thing by the scruff of its neck and it makes a rather pitiful whining sound, almost enough to make someone feel guilty....if they weren't blackhearted and devious.

"Lady Sek, you're looking so well! And you have a...uh....thing? That's great!"
Jan peered closely at the creature, turning her head this way and that to see just how deadly a sith's pet must be.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Shelzais Sek on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:50 am

"It's not mine!" Shelzais repeated her futile protestation for what felt like the dozenth time. "I... I found it, that's all. I've been trying to give it back... err, away... or whatever you're meant to do with a--"

"Sheffi," the volunteer lady supplied, helpfully insistent. "We have six healthy adults and three juveniles at the moment, if you'd like to take a look--" Apart from another brief wild glance, Shelzais ignored her.

"Er... anyway... Hello, Jan darling, you look charming as ever. I do hope Czerka hasn't been keeping you too busy with some dreadful office work since our last encounter." Shel attempted to switch her usual confident charm back on again, with... moderate success.

The critter whined, dangling in Jan's hand, and Shelzais winced.

It really didn't seem very fearsome at all. Maybe it was poisonous?

Shelzais Sek

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:55 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:"It's not mine!" Shelzais repeated her futile protestation for what felt like the dozenth time. "I... I found it, that's all. I've been trying to give it back... err, away... or whatever you're meant to do with a--"

"Sheffi," the volunteer lady supplied, helpfully insistent. "We have six healthy adults and three juveniles at the moment, if you'd like to take a look--" Apart from another brief wild glance, Shelzais ignored her.

"Er... anyway... Hello, Jan darling, you look charming as ever. I do hope Czerka hasn't been keeping you too busy with some dreadful office work since our last encounter." Shel attempted to switch her usual confident charm back on again, with... moderate success.

The critter whined, dangling in Jan's hand, and Shelzais winced.

It really didn't seem very fearsome at all. Maybe it was poisonous?

"Oh no....no I've just been uh...liaising with some local noble contacts and um...assisting law enforcement. Completely normal and very charming.

That being said I heard I missed one of your parties and I am devastated, I still haven't forgotten that thing you did with two fingers, a wash cloth and your big toe. Although Lord Dravvad tells me someone tried to poison him there so...pros and cons?"

Hmmm, a sheffi eh? Probably poisonous
"As for this little guy...you're just trying to give him away?"
Delicately and watching its mouth as though it might lunge at any moment Jan popped a hand under the creature for support and skritched the back of its neck.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:01 pm

"Yes, day before yesterday's party was... a mixed bag. In my defense, I didn't make the guest list, that time. Not a mistake I'll make again soon... or anyway, not without a bigger fee. "Shelzais laughed her purring laugh. "But my dear I'm so glad you found my soiree memorable. The feeling is quite mutual."

She started to lay a caressing hand on Jan's wrist, but was brought up short when the little critter Jan was holding tried to lick her hand as it came close. "Errgh. Yes, well, I was hoping they might find its owner, but apparently it hasn't got a tracer chip. So irresponsible." She shook her head sagely, the picture of self-awarely-hypocritical judgement.

Shelzais Sek

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:03 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:"Yes, day before yesterday's party was... a mixed bag. In my defense, I didn't make the guest list, that time. Not a mistake I'll make again soon... or anyway, not without a bigger fee. "Shelzais laughed her purring laugh. "But my dear I'm so glad you found my soiree memorable. The feeling is quite mutual."

She started to lay a caressing hand on Jan's wrist, but was brought up short when the little critter Jan was holding tried to lick her hand as it came close. "Errgh. Yes, well, I was hoping they might find its owner, but apparently it hasn't got a tracer chip. So irresponsible." She shook her head sagely, the picture of self-awarely-hypocritical judgement.

Jan nods in what is definitely honest sympathy

"Terrible, just terrible. Although it sounds like my lady that makes...."
Innocent face
"You....its owner."
She goes in for a counter caress, the thing's tongue lolling out and ready to strike.
Jan Melmoar

Return to New Adasta