[D9LM] There Is Research to be Done

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

Re: [D9LM] There Is Research to be Done

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Well, there was no time like the present. Glass in hand, he picked up the holocrons container and dipped his head towards the door. "Let's tale this down to my lab, and see what can be done."

With that he led the pair outside the apartment and down a flight of stairs into the lab itself. It was well appointed with banks of computers and laboratory equipment of all kinds. Setting the device on the workbench he got to work. Day 9 LM daunting holocron mechanics, assistance. Spent a destiny.: 4eP+1eA+1eB+4eD 0 successes, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using natural tinkerer once per session reroll.

Day 9 LM daunting holocron mechanics, assistance. Spent a destiny. Reroll from natural tinkerer.: 4eP+1eA+1eB+4eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:36 am

It takes some work and he nearly broke a key component but he got it working, well he assumed he did he had no way to actually get it working.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 am

"I think it should work now." Alister offered rather vaguely, all this forcey stuff was rather annoying after all. If it would just follow all the laws of physics...

"I can't really test it though." He looked it over then Backed away so Lady Malveaux had access. "At the very least I'm ninety percent sure it won't explode."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:48 am

"....90% is pretty good, I'm just going to...look for my wallet behind your couch."

Jan takes cover while hoping Lucinia can activate it with minimum explosions.
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 am

Smiling, Lucinia gently clicked her tongue at her two companions. "Have some faith. For Sith experiments, ten percent chance of exploding is low." She laughed softly at that, one hand going up to the corner of her lips, so it was probably a joke. Probably.

Stepping forward, a hungry expression on her aristocratic features, she attempted to activate the holocron, just as she'd done in the past.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:42 am

The holocron activates and a diminutive green humanoid with wide flat ears and a broad mouth gave a nod. He said calmly, “These are the words of Jedi Master Rithuda, accept this wisdom in the spirit it was given.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:54 am

Dapper Dog wrote:The holocron activates and a diminutive green humanoid with wide flat ears and a broad mouth gave a nod. He said calmly, “These are the words of Jedi Master Rithuda, accept this wisdom in the spirit it was given.”

".....Let's uh....let's not do anything rash."
Clearly the holocron was heresy....but it was very expensive heresy.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:09 am

Lucinia sighed. "I rather expected that. The Jedi are as predictable with their colors as we are."

She made a vague wave with one hand. "Well, go on then. What does this Rithuda have to say?" It wasn't as though she could be corrupted by a probably dead Jedi's words, after all
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:57 am

"I do wonder where you came across a jedi master's holocron." Alister mused as he watched the happenings. Maybe someone locally held a connection to the jedi? Or wished to join them. It was hard to say.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:02 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:"I do wonder where you came across a jedi master's holocron." Alister mused as he watched the happenings. Maybe someone locally held a connection to the jedi? Or wished to join them. It was hard to say.

"Just found it lying around...really."
Jan waited quietly to hear what the Jedi might say....while she calculated how hard it would be to sell this.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 am

Rithuda replied and then recited the Jedi Code an followed that with, “I believe in the Jedi Code, I believe in peace and I believe that we have much to learn from the Sith as we do from the code, if we could find a way to bridge our differences we could be stronger together.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:43 am

"Is that so?" Lucinia smirked. "You believe in the Jedi Code, in peace. The Sith code says that peace is a lie. What exactly do the Jedi have to offer the Sith?"

She was quite focused on the holocron.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:37 pm

“The Sith are self-destructive, I have observed this over and over again in my long life and I am curious as to why, there is nothing inherent in their code of conduct that prescribes such adherence to self-destruction,” Rithuda’s holocron replied.

“It should be possible for reconciliation despite the issues on Peace, even that line is highly contentious. Considering the following line is there is only passion, it could be that peace within the self is a lie, not peace between peoples.”

It continued, “If so that is a truth, even for a Jedi, finding peace can be rather difficult.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:22 pm

"There's a great deal more difficulty than that." Lucinia said, smirking. "Unlike some of my kind, I hold no great grudge against the Jedi. But even I, with my more tolerant view, would either see them either wiped out, or made utterly subservient to us. A pyramid may only have one apex, after all."

She waved a hand. "Nevertheless. Did you have a plan for this? Something you were putting into motion?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:44 pm

“Plan, oh my no. I am a scholar and philosopher; I prefer healthy debate and scholarship. I wrote many letters many of which I have committed to memory in this device for future generations of Jedi and Sith to enjoy,” the holocron said proudly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:45 pm

"Have you?" Lucinia waved a hand. "Let's see them."

She would look and see if her datapad could be connected to the holocron.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 am

"So is he....you...uh, it? Valuable? Despite the obvious heretical problems of course."
Jan felt the sith code provided a few damning reasons why effective dark side government was difficult....but this was hardly the time or place to comment.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:52 am

Lucinia gave one of her half-shrugs, a single shoulder rising and falling. "All holocrons are valuable, at least from a certain point of view. From another... I am interested to see if his texts are anything more than a curiosity."

She cast Jan a quick smile. "Don't let the content concern you, though. My credentials as a researcher are impeccable. And a Malveaux following the Light Side..." Lucinia gave a dismissive sniff.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Alister wasn't sure he would agree with Lucinia's assessment of her feeling about jedi. After all she was a Malveaux, she likely disdained them on general principle.

"I'm curious to see his point of view at the very least." Alister offered after a moment. "Though like Lady Malveaux I'm skeptical as to if he will say anything noteworthy." Even if he did the Sith wouldn't listen.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:17 am

The Jedi master describes his work in long essays that focus on reconciling the ideas of the Sith and Jedi to bring peace to the two factions and in turn avoid the massive galaxy spanning wars that tend to grip the galaxy every other century or so, exaggerated but he does point to a number of conflicts that stem from the clash of ideologies.

His goal seems to be dialogue to build a unifying theory of the force that focuses less on conflict between extreme and more of a holistic vision of the Force.
Dapper Dog

PreviousNext

Return to New Adasta