And She Never Wanted To Leave (D9, MA, Rath Tower)

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

And She Never Wanted To Leave (D9, MA, Rath Tower)

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:25 am

Shaisha wearily rubbed her neck as they stepped inside Rath Tower, still feeling the pain in her body from the fights the past days. And she suspected she might've done one of the braids a little too tight, as she hadn't had Hyuna's assistance this time.

Looking to Jo'ren however she managed a weak smile. "How are you holding up after yesterday?" she asked, though she suspected he was feeling better than her.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Re: And She Never Wanted To Leave (D9, MA, Rath Tower)

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:31 am

As was his custom Lord Rath just shrugged. "Still in one large piece. Took a bunch of stims." He chuckled. "I've felt worse, considering I should be dead."

He placed a hand on the small of her back as he guided her towards the Turbolift. It seemed he was going to take her up to the top level.

"You seen a doctor?"
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:35 am

"Something I will get around to some time today... apart from this, my schedule is mostly open." A pause, a brief frown. "I think." The doors to the lift closed and they began their ascent.

What even was her schedule anymore now with all the changes happening. Oh well, at some point she'd have to speak with Paz, and Vowrawn, but that could wait. At least with Paz as he was no doubt overworked to the max.

"Still walking and talking, so it's no hindrance, after all. Though... yeah, still feels almost unbelievable we survived that." For her, all hope had seemed lost for a moment when the Emperor had taken control of her.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:39 am

"Good. Maybe I'll take my own advice... Maybe." He smirked. They rose up through the central core of the Tower and quickly reached the top. "Shoulda guessed he'd know Makashi. Heh."

The damage was more visible from up here. Parts of the city were still full of emergency crews. The Tower had taken a few knocks but was solidly built, like its owner.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am

"Probably more than just Makashi too," she chided him in a humorous tone. Humor was something they both needed on a day like this. "He had over a thousand years to study not only the power of the Force, but also master the saber."

The humor dimmed some at the sight of the damage sustained to New Adasta. For a moment she felt grateful that the Vreysk estates were so sheltered by natural surroundings that she didn't see the damage done to the city.

Stepping over to see the view more closely, she felt her hands tighten. "... I'm sorry I couldn't stand against him on my own, Jo'ren."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:08 pm

He chuckled. "And a thousand years to study mind control. You did what you could. Gave ol' Rem a bit of a beating, but no lasting harm done."

He looked out over the city. They had defeated an ancient evil. The galaxy was saved. So why did he feel so restless?

"How's your old man? Grandpa Wrath."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 pm

There was a silent sigh. "... He'll be leaving. Seeing the galaxy, it seems... as it was what my mother had wanted to do. Can't say I blame him, he's been stuck doing the Emperor's will for so long, he might need some time to remember what it's like to be a free man again." A part of her had wanted him to stay, but this was in a way another challenge for her to grow from.

That it was time to let that go.

"It's hard to remind myself that he's not the man I knew as a child," she admitted with a solemn tone. "Three hundred years of submission can do that."

She forced a smile as she looked back to Jo'ren. "He might return... who knows, really. He will probably end up being a part of Lyria's life somehow, at some point, as it seems fate tends to drag family together."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:33 pm

"Sounds like a good time to me. Maybe I'll take Lyria and go explore like I used to do with my parents. There's plenty of things I still haven't seen." He patted her shoulder. "You'll see him again."

Looking over at his ship he stroked a face spur. "Might change her name. Now she's the fastest ship in the galaxy."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:36 pm

She chuckled easily at his gesture to cheer her up. "Might tag along on something like that. It would be nice to step away from this for a moment," Shaisha gestured to the surroundings of Ziost, though she clearly meant more than just the planet itself.

"Besides, there are matters worth looking into outside the Empire. Zash, probably... remaining sites left behind by Vitiate."

As he contemplated a new name for the ship, she gave him a smirk and a small nudge. "A new name to go with the new start to things?"

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:05 am

He smiled broadly, which left him feeling the internal bruising on the side of his face. "Yeah, exactly. She was a gift from Vengean. I don't think he gives two shits what I call her now."

Looking up at the sky his attention went beyond the haze left behind by the fires. "So many secrets left to find."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:10 am

"Mm, yeah," she followed his gaze, leaning closer against his larger frame.

"... Kinda feel like I might owe you some insight into my secrets now, after you helped bring down the Emperor. But you might've also figured out some of it yourself too, huh?"

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:16 am

"Only if you want to share. We all have our secrets Shai. You're entitled to yours." He gave her a hug.

"Seems the Emperor had a special interest in you. Something that affected your parents. He was in your head somehow? More than that... Well I'm not a scholar, and it's your business."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:13 am

"In a way, yes..." she sank more into the hug. It was a nice refuge there, to just disappear within the embrace of the big Sith.

"Remember I told you about the Children of the Emperor not long ago? I was chosen as a child, I suspect because then the Emperor had power over my father... there's still a lot that happened then that I don't know too much about. With the Emperor gone, it's a huge relief to know we're no longer under his thumb like that. For all of us."

Shaisha sighed softly, hugging him back.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:29 am

"We get to write our own future. And our daughter will never have to worry about going through what you did." He held her lovingly and looked up at the sky.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:34 am

"You're right. She will not have to go through that." Shaisha knew that their daughter would see a much different life than her, and possibly even a different Empire.

"I did ask my father if he would train her, when she's older. We'll see if he'll decide to do it, but... well, there are few in the Empire who has the same amount of training and experience as he does."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Jo'ren whistled. "300 years of experience? That'd be quite the education." As the smoke curled up from the City his thoughts turned to his extended family.

"Let's go call our baby girl." He led her over to the ship and activated the comm system once they reached the bridge. After a few moments his mother answered: "We're all fine thanks for asking."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:31 pm

"Yes," she found herself anxious to know how Lyria was doing especially after yesterday. It was a bit of an amusing thought as she knew she didn't have to go far back in time to a period when she didn't think she'd be this... motherly.

Parenthood really had changed her it seemed.

Jo'ren's mother was greeted with a nod and a smile.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:47 pm

"Er. Big battle, Emperor's resting," he actually made quotation marks with his fingers "we're supporting House Farro, we're all fine here, now. How are you?"

His mother gave him the sort of look that all men dread, but declined to comment further.

"So. You look well. How's Lyria?"

When the subject shifted to her grand-daughter Jo'ren's mother smiled, her demeanor changing instantly.

"Oh she's just a delight. Must take after her mother. Hello Shaisha, let me find her for you."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:05 pm

"Hello," Shaisha gave wave. "Oh, does she?" she grinned, nudging Jo'ren's side slightly at the remark that Lyria's delightfulness was not from her father. "You must've been quite the terror as a child."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:10 pm

"I'm my father's soon. Whatever the fuck that means." He shrugged. "Rugged good looks I guess."

A breathless excited child was suddenly babbling into the Holo about forest monsters and some sort of game the cousins had invented.

"Hi sweetheart, we miss you. You being good for grandma?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to New Adasta