[Day 10 - EE] Imperial Procession

The Capital city of New Adasta on Ziost

[Day 10 - EE] Imperial Procession

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:39 pm

The city is festive with banners of the Empire and House Farro displayed on the buildings as a military procession along with a lavish speeder carrying a holo image of the Empress followed by the Imperial family and the Empress-Regent with banners and festivities.

The streets are lined with people cheering on, like good and proper citizens. Street vendors are selling food, festive items, and other knick knacks in honor of the Imperial Parade.

Security is high.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 10 - EE] Imperial Procession

Postby Char Fin'le on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Char is along the side of the path, banner of the Empire in hand. "Come on people, when else will it be our patriotic duty to drink ourselves silly?" He tries to make a point to slap every back he can, flirt with every woman and keep of good cheer.
Human | Criminal | Neutral | Charmingly Extra
Companion: L0-R3
"Gotta keep
One jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword
I steal only what I can't afford
(That's Everything!)"

Theme Song: Guns and Roses
Char Fin'le

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:32 pm

New Regime, just like the last regime. Well, with less immediate Galactic destruction on the cards.

Lord Rath watched the parade with little fanfare of his own. It was mostly for appearance's sake that he had shown up. Of course of something was going to go wrong it would probably be today. Looking around he noted that Imperial Burger was out in force.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xal Kimlya on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:57 pm

GR8-1 celebrated with others along the parade route. Xal watched. He wasn't particularly interested in the parade, but wished to observe the mood of the crowd.
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal
Suspicion: Trusted

Carries: Lab Coat, Datapad, Hand Scanner, Commlink, Lightsaber, Data Goggles
Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Lord Tenebrous of course would be present for the momentous occassion, regal and impressive in her impressive regalia.

How she wished Lyria was here to see all the festivities. She was certain the girl would've loved all the colorful lights, the festive games, the sweets being offered at various vendors.

She sighed... she really, really missed her daughter on a day like today.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Xyll was there, even if like some others she had little emotional connection to the whole thing. At least some of these people seemed to be genuinely cheering the new regime, which was something of a departure from what she was used to when it came to regime changes.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:34 pm

Remmington came out with Skuld to watch the new Imperial procession from the sidelines. He checks out some of the food vendors and looks questionably at some of the skewers that are only advertised as meat-on-a-stick. Eh, they were cheap so he gets a few.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:03 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Lord Tenebrous of course would be present for the momentous occassion, regal and impressive in her impressive regalia.

How she wished Lyria was here to see all the festivities. She was certain the girl would've loved all the colorful lights, the festive games, the sweets being offered at various vendors.

She sighed... she really, really missed her daughter on a day like today.

"Another procession, another," Dayana said, trailing off vocally. She mouthed the word 'Emperor' and then gave Shaisha a wry smile.
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:24 am

Shaisha gave the lady a smile, though a curious one. "You seem troubled, Dayana."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:44 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Shaisha gave the lady a smile, though a curious one. "You seem troubled, Dayana."

"This reminds me so much of the other one for our most beloved Emperor. Do the similarities strike you too?"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 am

She crossed her arms, carefully considering what she really saw and thought, so that she could provide a sensible answer.

"There are similarities, yes, but I see a better path. The former wanted to devour all existence in the galaxy... this does not. My will is free, and the restructuring will be for the better. In a way, it is more than what I could've hoped to achieve as a member of the Dark Council."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:She crossed her arms, carefully considering what she really saw and thought, so that she could provide a sensible answer.

"There are similarities, yes, but I see a better path. The former wanted to devour all existence in the galaxy... this does not. My will is free, and the restructuring will be for the better. In a way, it is more than what I could've hoped to achieve as a member of the Dark Council."

"So much of the Dark Side is to be discovered, rediscovered. Perhaps greater mysteries will require sacrifices... Starting with a few lives, then more."

Dayana hid her lips as she chuckled. "Our most beloved Emperor had conspirators against him despite such public praise. Will our Empress have better security?"

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:16 am

"Why, my lady, it almost sounds like you got a taste for such deeds now," she teased with some dark humor.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:12 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:"Why, my lady, it almost sounds like you got a taste for such deeds now," she teased with some dark humor.

"That is the curse of a deed once performed, isn't it? Once one knows she is capable of such a thing, a repeat is not so unquestionable."

Dayana sighed. "I never had any intention of involving myself to such an extent here on Ziost. Nor do I intend on pursing anything similar." She gave a warm smile. "Hopefully that alleviates any concerns for one of your position."

Her demeanor shifted back to one more grim. She held up her hands in front of herself. "I carry scars from that day, darling. They're immaterial, only visible through the Force. I don't imagine they'll ever heal." Her 'gaze' turned to Shaisha. "My abilities are apparently limited, because I do not see any visible taint on you. Or perhaps you're more fortunate, more resilient."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:53 am

Alister milled about the crowd along with Vair'ea. He wasn't too keen on gatherings of this sort, but it did pay to be seen. If you were going to betray your empress at some point, best to look like you supported them on the surface.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 am

Dayana Valthren wrote:"That is the curse of a deed once performed, isn't it? Once one knows she is capable of such a thing, a repeat is not so unquestionable."

Dayana sighed. "I never had any intention of involving myself to such an extent here on Ziost. Nor do I intend on pursing anything similar." She gave a warm smile. "Hopefully that alleviates any concerns for one of your position."

Her demeanor shifted back to one more grim. She held up her hands in front of herself. "I carry scars from that day, darling. They're immaterial, only visible through the Force. I don't imagine they'll ever heal." Her 'gaze' turned to Shaisha. "My abilities are apparently limited, because I do not see any visible taint on you. Or perhaps you're more fortunate, more resilient."

"True. It does dispel some of the magic and awe around such figures..." she mused thoughtfully, for now entertaining Dayana's train of thought.

"Don't worry... that you did it at all to begin with surprised me, though a pleasant surprise it was. You have a gentle soul, my lady, and I mean no disrespect when I say it - perhaps it is your strength, that gentleness. It's certainly a rarity in this place."

As Dayana's expression became more grim, so too did Shaisha become more serious, and she considered the ambassador's words. "Perhaps because my scars have been there for a long time. They're a part of me and have been so since before you and I met. It's hard to see old scars sometimes, as they sometimes fade in appearances... but the memories are there."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:11 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:"True. It does dispel some of the magic and awe around such figures..." she mused thoughtfully, for now entertaining Dayana's train of thought.

"Don't worry... that you did it at all to begin with surprised me, though a pleasant surprise it was. You have a gentle soul, my lady, and I mean no disrespect when I say it - perhaps it is your strength, that gentleness. It's certainly a rarity in this place."

As Dayana's expression became more grim, so too did Shaisha become more serious, and she considered the ambassador's words. "Perhaps because my scars have been there for a long time. They're a part of me and have been so since before you and I met. It's hard to see old scars sometimes, as they sometimes fade in appearances... but the memories are there."

"It certainly reminds me of my own mortality," Dayana remarked with a weary smirk.

"Gentle?" The word was not one that she would have used to describe herself. There had times where she had been merciful, but her rationale had always been to garner trust. Manipulation of the heart. That had been how she had gathered power, how she hoped others would too. Perhaps there was a nurturing side to it, some honesty and compassion in her mercy. "I did it to save myself though."

She nodded. "I see. Well, I did not see the marks on any of the others. Indeed, I only really saw the Dark SIde's aura emanating strongly from someone on that day. Otherwise," she said, gesturing to a stream of corrupted energy, "I simply see ripples in the living Force, tears, what we have wrought by succumbing to our sins."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 am

"Gentle compared to most Sith," she corrected herself with a wry smirk.

"Don't know what these sins you speak of are... or do you mean those who have turned their backs on the Dark Side?" Shaisha asked, one brow raised with interest at Dayana.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:39 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:"Gentle compared to most Sith," she corrected herself with a wry smirk.

"Don't know what these sins you speak of are... or do you mean those who have turned their backs on the Dark Side?" Shaisha asked, one brow raised with interest at Dayana.

"Hm," Dayana mused, her tone affirmative.

"No, I mean our darker temptations. Those ones that seek to destroy for its own sake, not out of necessity. Or consume, as we had seen before."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 am

Ilar leaned against a lamp post as the procession passed by. He hoped this regime would be less xenophobic, and the speech in the court room yesterday hinted at such.

But the aliens of the galaxy had been decieved by nobles and politicians before. He'd believe in change if he actually saw it.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Next

Return to New Adasta