While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Coastal Resort City

While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Postby Shelzais Sek on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:12 pm

((Mood: A side/B side. Open to all, as long as you're not [slow drawl] boring...))

New Ajunta was half in rubble, and Varas Point hadn't escaped unscathed either, but the Wild Ride was intact--mostly. A few scrapes from rocks thrown by the possessed crowds scarred the paint on the barge's landward side, but up on the main deck the eclectic decor was the same as ever, and a Human songstress on the little stage got close with her audio pickup while a Twi'lek picked out an accompaniment on a complicated electronic instrument.

This was wholly Shelzais's party, and hewed to her style, though colored by yesterday's events. The guests were a mix of artists, exotic offworlders, the beautiful but down and out, and some slumming (or on this occasion, perhaps newly disenfranchised) nobility. Some were more subdued than usual, while others drank and danced all the harder to try to hide the hollowness in their eyes. Shelzais, avatar of the festivities, seemed to bounce between the two extremes, though she was at the latter pole at the moment--ebullient, hugging everyone who entered and engulfing them in a haze of perfume and glitter. "My dears! You're alive, how delightful!"
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Re: While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Shelzais' parties was something she rarely wanted to miss. They had so much glitter, sequins, music, fun, and wild abandon that just appealed to her, and the hostess was a master at making someone forget about any current woes or troubles.

So she arrived like a phoenix from the ashes in an outfit ranging from creme-color to gold and deep red, hair now free of their braids and casually pinned back to hang free.

"Shelzais, darling," she smirked as the hostess greeted her, "your timing is impeccable for throwing a party."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:57 pm

Remmington arrives sporting his fedora once again. He goes pays his respects to the hostess and offers a polite bow to Shaisha as well though does not interrupt their conversation at the moment.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:21 am

Sadly this wasn't the pastel Dizzgo party he had hoping for. But nonetheless Alister arrived along with Vair'ea, both of them rather well dressed. After all the Doctor had promised to take the Chiss girl along to one of these events.

After greeting the hostess he drifted off towards the bar, letting his assistant find her own forms of entertainment.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:58 am

"Camilla, enjoy yourself. That is an order." Dayana waved off her assistant and leaned against a table overlooking the city. Nursing in her hands was an unsipped wine glass. Out there, she was sure that the fires had ended by now in the city but it still looked to her like it was burning. Thousands, millions of souls, lost forever due to some conflict she hadn't ever wished for.

Her hands were stained, though. Every time she looked at them, there were still the immaterial scars from the Emperor's essence exploding. The Dark Side corroded everything, she knew that already. She simply hoped that this did not mean that such a foul being had any remains in her. That he could not resurrect himself from the power embedded into her.

What about the others, then? Have any of us been tainted?

She wondered if this coup of theirs had sparked something that never should have been ignited. From that point, she sighed, knowing that it was inevitable.

Did I stab the heart of the Empire itself? We say we are united, but perhaps we have only been weakened.
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Rumun Gol on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:15 am

And Rumun decided to make his appearance here. He lived in Varas Point so, many parties and other of such gathering were rather common.

He was just an apprentice of a sith, an unimportant nobody, yet he seemed to crash in most parties.

He arrived in his speeder-bike, wearing his high quality leather clothes, as always. This was the first time he used his newly acquired speeder and he was quite fond of it, to be honest.

Then he went inside towards the bar. He asked for some strong and high quality liquor. He thought that he earned a bit of calmness for today. The storms were coming. This was not the end of an era, but the start of a new one.

He noticed a lot of people going around, some were sith, some were not. For now, he was drinking calm and relaxing.
Sith| Duros | Darth Hoshi's Apprentice | Former Slave | Silver Tongued | Da Blue One

Equipment: Large crossguarded-lightsaber, Customized Clothes, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...

"Only the force can free us from the chains that bind us"
I'm blue da ba dee dabba da ♪...
Rumun Gol

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:15 am

Ilar had spent a lot of time thinking on his last conversation with Shelzais over the last day or so. The Force had conspired to make it so that his world had changed drastically, everyone's had. Here though, on The Wild Ride, things were more predictable, there was a good time to be had and one could forget their worries.

And so he came, to forget.

Drink in hand, he mingled politely and smiled and waved at the right times as he settled in to enjoy the party.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:02 am

Lucinia was... well, one didn't say 'dressed to kill' with Sith; after all, murder and maiming did often happen at Sith parties, and one didn't want to convey the wrong idea.

On the other hand, it really was the best description. She'd let her long pale blonde hair down, and her makeup was perhaps an even brighter red than before, standing out against her pale skin. Her dress was... well, it was black, of course, but with very impressive tailoring indeed, flattering her slender figure.

But it was her heels which were actually potentially lethal, or at least potentially maiming, being a good two centimeters higher than usual. Lucinia tilted her chin up, smiling coldly as she looked around.

"So this is what the view looks like from up here." She said, murmuring an aside to the woman she walked in with, arm-in-arm. "Hmmm. I think I rather like it."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:05 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia was... well, one didn't say 'dressed to kill' with Sith; after all, murder and maiming did often happen at Sith parties, and one didn't want to convey the wrong idea.

On the other hand, it really was the best description. She'd let her long pale blonde hair down, and her makeup was perhaps an even brighter red than before, standing out against her pale skin. Her dress was... well, it was black, of course, but with very impressive tailoring indeed, flattering her slender figure.

But it was her heels which were actually potentially lethal, or at least potentially maiming, being a good two centimeters higher than usual. Lucinia tilted her chin up, smiling coldly as she looked around.

"So this is what the view looks like from up here." She said, murmuring an aside to the woman she walked in with, arm-in-arm. "Hmmm. I think I rather like it."

Jan's dress was white as always, and her hair worn up (in case of a gunfight....you could never be too careful) and she was certainly undone in the shoe department by her partner....for now.

"Are you sure you don't have any vertigo dear? I'm not sure you've ever been this high before."
The Rep shoots one handed finger guns to the guests she recognizes as they enter
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:11 am

Alister returned fire at Jan, as he saw a finger gum pointed in his direction. He didn't bother approaching though, she and Lady Malveaux seemed thick as thieves of late after all.

Instead he sipped his drink and moved into the crowd, it was time to mingle.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:42 am

Jan Melmoar wrote:
Jan's dress was white as always, and her hair worn up (in case of a gunfight....you could never be too careful) and she was certainly undone in the shoe department by her partner....for now.

"Are you sure you don't have any vertigo dear? I'm not sure you've ever been this high before."
The Rep shoots one handed finger guns to the guests she recognizes as they enter

Lucinia smirked. "Oh, sometimes the ruins I explore are atop mountains. It does sometimes give one a bit of a heady feeling. How do you deal with it every day?" She gave Jan the slightest of playful nudges with her elbow, her green eyes sparkling with teasing humor.

"Ah..." Lucinia cast her gaze around. "Perhaps a drink? I'd love to see what colors Lady Shel has on offer. All of them, I expect." She hesitated a moment, leaning more heavily on Jan's arm; these heels were a bit more than she was used to, after all.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:41 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Alister returned fire at Jan, as he saw a finger gum pointed in his direction. He didn't bother approaching though, she and Lady Malveaux seemed thick as thieves of late after all.

Instead he sipped his drink and moved into the crowd, it was time to mingle.

"This is what imperial nobility has come to. A city in ashes and still we amuse ourselves." Dayana waved for him to come closer, her wine still left perfectly filled. "I thought I could arrange my brother to Lucinia. That would be folly, though; he never was one to allow dalliances."

The redhead sighed. "But perhaps I should not be so glum. We are alive, after all."
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:34 am

"One could say this type of thing has it's purposes." Alister replied as he surveyed the crowd. "It gives a sense of normalcy if nothing else."

He turned to face Dayana. Matching your brother to Lady Lucinia." He paused on that for a moment. "I can't say it would be entirely a bad thing, even if he doesn't allow dalliances. After one or two children are produced they really dont even need to see each other anymore."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm

Lord Tenebrous wrote:"Shelzais, darling," she smirked as the hostess greeted her, "your timing is impeccable for throwing a party."

"Shaisha, sweetie, I believe the military types would call mine a 'scatter gun' strategy." Shelzais purred with amusement as she deposited air kisses on Shaisha's cheeks. "Cover enough area and you're bound to score some hits."

She greeted Rem, then Dayana, Alister, and their companions making sure to urge them to have something to drink. Dayana in particular looked troubled... but maybe it was nothing a little indulgence couldn't cure!

Lucinia and Jan earned an arched brow-ridge and a warm welcome... especially Jan, mostly because Shelzais was curious about Lucinia's reaction.

Rumun... was no one she recognized from prior acquaintance, but that was hardly odd at her parties. She had to admire his entrance, though--that bike! Those leathers! Mentally, she marked him for an introduction... but first, she noticed Ilar, looking a good deal more confident than the first time he'd set foot on the Wild Ride. Hmmm.

Ilar'Shala wrote:Ilar had spent a lot of time thinking on his last conversation with Shelzais over the last day or so. The Force had conspired to make it so that his world had changed drastically, everyone's had. Here though, on The Wild Ride, things were more predictable, there was a good time to be had and one could forget their worries.

And so he came, to forget.

Drink in hand, he mingled politely and smiled and waved at the right times as he settled in to enjoy the party.

"Ilar, my dear!" She descended on him in a swirl of slinky silks, glass in hand, her other hand reaching to clasp his affectionately. "I'm ever so glad to see you've survived... all that. I did wonder how you'd come through it." This was the truth, curiously enough. She'd probably be better off never worrying about others, but alas, it was a weakness she'd not managed to eliminate, and something about Ilar and his situation had stuck with her like a thorn.
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:06 pm

"All too true," she chuckled, going through the ritual of air-kisses before joining the mingling of guests and picking up a drink.

The music was catchy and droll enough to add to the light-hearted mood of the party that she sought, and she kind of hummed along with 'Pazaak face'.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:"One could say this type of thing has it's purposes." Alister replied as he surveyed the crowd. "It gives a sense of normalcy if nothing else."

He turned to face Dayana. Matching your brother to Lady Lucinia." He paused on that for a moment. "I can't say it would be entirely a bad thing, even if he doesn't allow dalliances. After one or two children are produced they really dont even need to see each other anymore."

"There was nothing normal about what had happened. But perhaps there is merit to your point, for the sake of morale."

Dayana shrugged. "Lucinia dallying with some money-grubber though? There must be something I've overlooked regarding that other woman." She smiled softly. "I suppose there are the stories about her sister fancying a Jedi of all sorts."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:54 pm

"I'm no expert of course, and you are quiet right nothing about yesterday was normal. I just think the commoners expect us to be above their worries." He finished with a shrug.

Letting his eyes rest on the pair he frowned for a moment. "Miss Melmoar does enjoy her money, and shooting things. I suppose if there is anything that attracts Lady Malveaux though, it's her sense of humor. Well, that or Miss Melmoar' cut throat and opportunistic ways."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Raela Ausar on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Raela made her appearance on the party barge, dressed in a black dress that managed to be both high and low cut. She was much more relaxed than she had been the previous outing, grabbing and drink and socializing with whoever happened to be nearby.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Sith Pureblood | Imperial Noble | Alchemist | Lore-collector | Apprentice of Zash | No Sense of Direction

On Person: Long-range comlink, datapad, lightsaber

"Wait, hold on... Let me check my map."
Raela Ausar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Shelzais Sek wrote:Lucinia and Jan earned an arched brow-ridge and a warm welcome... especially Jan, mostly because Shelzais was curious about Lucinia's reaction.

Lucinia returned the warm welcome a cool nod, with perhaps the barest hint of a smile softening it. In other words, pretty much the same greeting she gave most people.

The slightly warmer welcome to Jan did make an eyebrow go up, though. "How friendly our hostess is being." Lucinia said neutrally. Careful observation might notice a playful glint in her green eyes.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Raela Ausar wrote:Raela made her appearance on the party barge, dressed in a black dress that managed to be both high and low cut. She was much more relaxed than she had been the previous outing, grabbing and drink and socializing with whoever happened to be nearby.

Behind her Jaheem entered as well somewhat looming over the shorter scientist he was clad in noble finery in a cream color with gold accents that paired well with his dark skin, a blood red Cape was on his shoulders. As they entered his hand was on Raela's waist and he looked about nodding to those he knew.
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Next

Return to Varas Point