While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Coastal Resort City

Re: While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:39 am

After paying his respects to the hostess, Remmington gets a drink and wanders about the party. Spotting Jan who finger guns him he decides to approach her and the group that is with her. He stops a short distance away and tips his fedora to the gathering. "Good evening ladies. Lovely night for a drink is it not?"
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:53 am

Lucinia watched the exchange between Jan and Drascovina with a smirk. The smirk followed as Drascovina accosted Shaisha. She sighed. Well, if Drascovina wanted to socially climb, that was up to her. "Don't mind her." She said as an aside to Jan.

The approaching Sith earned a raised eyebrow from Lucinia, with the tipping fedora getting the brow to arch higher. "Indeed? I suppose I do always enjoy having a drink on the evening of major government reformations." She said, her tone dry.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:57 am

Winking at Lucinia
"Oh, Drascovina is terrible but is she really all bad? She helped me take out a....vessel of no real importance."

Turning as Remmington approaches.
"Lord Thalalas, no surprise seeing you here I am sure. I hope the day treated you well given our recent...excitement."

She bows politely

"Drinks and government reformation, who would have thought it?"
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dayana Valthren on Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:59 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:His eyes sought out the Chiss girl in the crowd, there was no need to tell her now. The young woman was enjoying herself, so it could wait until the morrow.

"Indeed." He offered with a smile as his eyes shifted back to Dayana. "Shall we move to the bar then for some more refreshments?" He asked after a moment. After all his glass was mostly too.

Camilla too deserved her evening, at least Dayana thought so.

Dayana "met" his gaze too, mostly through the Force. It was uneasy for her, thinking of how much she wanted to give to the man. He was useful, charming in his own, odd way, to the extent that she didn't want to just use him. She wanted their relationship to be mutually beneficial. "Let's."
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:15 am

Remmington smiles back to Jan. "I am doing pretty well all things considered. I think government reformation would be a lot more enjoyable with drinks."

He offers a polite bow to the other Sith. "My apologies for the late introduction. I believe I have seen you around before but have not really had the pleasure of speaking with you. I am Remmington Thalalas."
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:21 am

"Lucinia Malveaux. Of House Malveaux, naturally." Lucinia introduced herself in her best high nobility accent. "No doubt you've heard of us before. I see you and Jan are already acquainted." A quick glance at Jan.

She raised one eyebrow. "Is that so? I don't recall having seen you before. Have you been at court, perhaps?"
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:23 am

"It doubtless depends on how the government is reformed my lord. If it's a good government then...drinks. And if it's a particularly bad government then....drinks. And yes my dear, I've bumped into Lord Thalalas several times on Ziost already, I believe he has quite the social life."
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Shelzais Sek on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:27 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:
Shelzais Sek wrote:"Ilar, my dear!" She descended on him in a swirl of slinky silks, glass in hand, her other hand reaching to clasp his affectionately. "I'm ever so glad to see you've survived... all that. I did wonder how you'd come through it." This was the truth, curiously enough. She'd probably be better off never worrying about others, but alas, it was a weakness she'd not managed to eliminate, and something about Ilar and his situation had stuck with her like a thorn.

Glass held carefully in one hand, he squeezed Shel's hand gently. "You surprised me too. I thought you'd been...corrupted by that energy wave, but then I looked again and you were right as rain."

He air kisses the hostess's cheeks. "I'm more pleased than words can say that I didn't have to put you down like a rabid dog."

"Such sweet words," Shel purred. "Don't you think you might have seized some advantage from murdering me, Ilar sweetie? Bee-nine likes you; I'm sure you could have worked with that. If you could have got past the lightsaber, of course." She frowned slightly--more a shift of the skin around her eyes and nose than anything--at the thought of that awful afternoon. "Luckily for me, Doctor Dravvad had some kind of... well, I don't know what. Shocked me right out of it. Delightfully tingly." She had resort to her glass again to banish the memory.

"All such an ugly business, but then, that's Sith politics for you, isn't it? Any day you haven't had to dismember a friend is a good day on this forsaken rock." She smiled brightly.
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:42 am

Remmington nods to both ladies. He addresses Lucina first. "Indeed I have. House Malveaux has quite a strong standing. I have been in Imperial Court every time so far. Though I usually just blend in the background as I observe all the politicking."

Then over to Jan. "Drinks to be had all around then. You seem to be quite the socialite as well."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Ilar'Shala on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:59 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:"Such sweet words," Shel purred. "Don't you think you might have seized some advantage from murdering me, Ilar sweetie? Bee-nine likes you; I'm sure you could have worked with that. If you could have got past the lightsaber, of course." She frowned slightly--more a shift of the skin around her eyes and nose than anything--at the thought of that awful afternoon. "Luckily for me, Doctor Dravvad had some kind of... well, I don't know what. Shocked me right out of it. Delightfully tingly." She had resort to her glass again to banish the memory.

"All such an ugly business, but then, that's Sith politics for you, isn't it? Any day you haven't had to dismember a friend is a good day on this forsaken rock." She smiled brightly.

"Profit from your premature demise?" Ilar gasped in fake shock at the suggestion before breaking into a toothy grin. "Quite possibly, but then I'd likely have to deal with those collection agents you spoke so vehemently against. I think it's in everyone's best interests for you to keep breathing, besides I could never throw such a fabulous soireè as this."

Changing the grip on Shel's hand to place two fingers on her pulse, his grin shifts into a smirk as he finishes his drink with a gulp.

"I think a living, breathing friend, Ms Sek can be much more advantageous than a cold, dead corpse."
Last edited by Ilar'Shala on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 am

Dayana Valthren wrote:Camilla too deserved her evening, at least Dayana thought so.

Dayana "met" his gaze too, mostly through the Force. It was uneasy for her, thinking of how much she wanted to give to the man. He was useful, charming in his own, odd way, to the extent that she didn't want to just use him. She wanted their relationship to be mutually beneficial. "Let's."

He nodded and led the way over to the bar. Quite unaware of the lady's thoughts. She had made some rather interesting comments in their last few meetings, but he really wasn't one to read too much into things.

Ordering a glass of wine for the two of them, he looked once again towards his companion. "I imagine you've traveled the galaxy a great deal then I, Lady Dayana. Are there any places you'd suggest to visit? Maybe sometime in the future I'll manage something of a vacation."
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:20 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:Image
“Any other candidate would not survive my rebuke,” she replied sweetly.

“I only seek to serve the best in the Empire; I will not labor in mediocrity.”

How amusing that this was almost like a flashback to when she had approached Vowrawn to make him accept her as his new apprentice.

She just hoped she had had better fashion sense back then.

"Very well. We will speak further of it in the morning. Early in the morning," Shaisha dismissed Drascovina with a wave of her hand. "Now leave before you do draw my ire for interrupting my conversation with Lord Ausar and Lord Abasi."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 pm

"As you say, my Master. My minions will bring the kaff, do let me know how you prefer it," she said sweetly.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:09 pm

"Oh dear." Lucinia said, shaking her head with the barest hint of a smile. "I think I'd best prepare congratulations for Drascovina. And perhaps condolences for Lord Tenebrous. But not just yet, for that. Only after she's seen Drascovina go 'full Byron', or whatever it is that she's calling it now."

She gentle cleared her throat. "In fact, though, I don't seem to have a drink just yet."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:00 pm

"Full Byron? There must be a story behind that. So I take it that she is a relative of yours?" Remmington says.

"Let's fix that little issue immediately." He signals to the refreshment droid to bring some drinks over to them.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:42 pm

"My sister." Lucinia said with a hint of a sigh. "Younger, obviously. My siblings and I have different gifts. She has the political ambition. I shouldn't begrudge her her success." Lucinia's lips quirked. "I just wish she wasn't quite so loud about it."

She waited, one eyebrow raised, for Remmington to select a drink for her and Jan.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:05 pm

Lord Tenebrous wrote:
How amusing that this was almost like a flashback to when she had approached Vowrawn to make him accept her as his new apprentice.

She just hoped she had had better fashion sense back then.

"Very well. We will speak further of it in the morning. Early in the morning," Shaisha dismissed Drascovina with a wave of her hand. "Now leave before you do draw my ire for interrupting my conversation with Lord Ausar and Lord Abasi."

Jaheem chuckled as Drascovina left "I do believe one of her minions called me 'Daddy Abasi' when I met them. Though she seems to have a slightly better head on her shoulders than her friends."
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:26 am

Shaisha shuddered slightly at that tidbit. "By the Force, what have I gotten myself into," she murmured and downed the remainder of her drink.

"Truly, I hope I was not like that at that age, yet it was a disturbing sense of deja vu."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:
Shelzais Sek wrote:"Such sweet words," Shel purred. "Don't you think you might have seized some advantage from murdering me, Ilar sweetie? Bee-nine likes you; I'm sure you could have worked with that. If you could have got past the lightsaber, of course." She frowned slightly--more a shift of the skin around her eyes and nose than anything--at the thought of that awful afternoon. "Luckily for me, Doctor Dravvad had some kind of... well, I don't know what. Shocked me right out of it. Delightfully tingly." She had resort to her glass again to banish the memory.

"Profit from your premature demise?" Ilar gasped in fake shock at the suggestion before breaking into a toothy grin. "Quite possibly, but then I'd likely have to deal with those collection agents you spoke so vehemently against. I think it's in everyone's best interests for you to keep breathing, besides I could never throw such a fabulous soireè as this."

Changing the grip on Shel's hand to place two fingers on her pulse, his grin shifts into a smirk as he finishes his drink with a gulp.

"I think a living, breathing friend, Ms Sek can be much more advantageous than a cold, dead corpse."

"Oh, but I've always planned to leave a beautiful corpse," Shelzais assured him merrily, smiling with sharp Pureblood teeth. "Still, that's not actually good for much, is it? Other than my pride." Her pulse beat high with excitement of the party, and the sheer joy of being alive to experience it all. "

"But I expect you must be in need of friends and assets, now that you're... cut loose?" she purred inquisitively, leaning close as she brought her glass to her lips again.
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Raela Ausar on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:52 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Shaisha shuddered slightly at that tidbit. "By the Force, what have I gotten myself into," she murmured and downed the remainder of her drink.

"Truly, I hope I was not like that at that age, yet it was a disturbing sense of deja vu."

"The joys of youth," Raela chuckled, highly amused. "I think people are probably all a little strange when they're still figuring out their identities."
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Sith Pureblood | Imperial Noble | Alchemist | Lore-collector | Apprentice of Zash | No Sense of Direction

On Person: Long-range comlink, datapad, lightsaber

"Wait, hold on... Let me check my map."
Raela Ausar

PreviousNext

Return to Varas Point