While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Coastal Resort City

Re: While It All Burns (D9 EN, Wild Ride)

Postby Ilar'Shala on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:02 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:"Oh, but I've always planned to leave a beautiful corpse," Shelzais assured him merrily, smiling with sharp Pureblood teeth. "Still, that's not actually good for much, is it? Other than my pride." Her pulse beat high with excitement of the party, and the sheer joy of being alive to experience it all."

Ilar takes the opportunity to look her up and down at the mention of her beauty, appraisingly, obviously and he nods approvingly. "Losing the lively spirit from within would surely reduce the appeal, but I don't think you need fear for that. Even in death you'll be more stunning than most of us in life."

Shelzais Sek wrote:"But I expect you must be in need of friends and assets, now that you're... cut loose?" she purred inquisitively, leaning close as she brought her glass to her lips again.

"Well we're all looking for something, aren't we?" He replied, trying to be blaze about it all, but a perceptive eye would notice a whitening of the knuckles and an involuntary squeeze on Shel's wrist that betrayed his emotions underneath the surface.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:"My sister." Lucinia said with a hint of a sigh. "Younger, obviously. My siblings and I have different gifts. She has the political ambition. I shouldn't begrudge her her success." Lucinia's lips quirked. "I just wish she wasn't quite so loud about it."

She waited, one eyebrow raised, for Remmington to select a drink for her and Jan.

"We all have our own talents. It looks like she is finding her place in the Empire nicely." Remmington replies and he gets a red bubbly drink for Lucinia and a purple sparkly one for Jan.

"I hope that these are suitable for your tastes."
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:37 am

Remmington Thalalas wrote:
Lucinia Malveaux wrote:"My sister." Lucinia said with a hint of a sigh. "Younger, obviously. My siblings and I have different gifts. She has the political ambition. I shouldn't begrudge her her success." Lucinia's lips quirked. "I just wish she wasn't quite so loud about it."

She waited, one eyebrow raised, for Remmington to select a drink for her and Jan.

"We all have our own talents. It looks like she is finding her place in the Empire nicely." Remmington replies and he gets a red bubbly drink for Lucinia and a purple sparkly one for Jan.

"I hope that these are suitable for your tastes."

"It certainly has some of the flash I look for in a drink."
She accepts the purple drink politely and takes a small sip

"Oh my....spicy and sour, quite the combination."
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:27 am

"Just some? If you want we can probably get a sparkler to add to your drink. For presentation." Remmington offers.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:41 am

Lucinia accepted hers with a skeptical raised eyebrow. After a glance at Jan, then Remi, then back to Jan, she took a sip. A small one.

There was a short pause.

"It tastes... red." Lucinia said. Another short pause. "And... bubbly." The eyebrow remained up.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:43 am

Remmington Thalalas wrote:"Just some? If you want we can probably get a sparkler to add to your drink. For presentation." Remmington offers.

"We can't go all out on just one drink Lord Thalalas, if it sparkles so bright we need safety goggles then we have to make an occasion just for it. I think Lady Malveaux appreciated your red and bubbly as much as I did the purple and sparkling....imagine if one mixed the two?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:59 am

"I... I don't know what red tastes like." Remmginton says with a chuckle and takes a sip of his drink. It is orange and has a cold cloudy mist emanating from it.

"Hmm... what is certainly an idea. I wonder what we will get. Well I am down for trying if you are." He sets out a challenge.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:04 am

Remmington Thalalas wrote:"I... I don't know what red tastes like." Remmginton says with a chuckle and takes a sip of his drink. It is orange and has a cold cloudy mist emanating from it.

"Hmm... what is certainly an idea. I wonder what we will get. Well I am down for trying if you are." He sets out a challenge.

Jan calls over a serving droid and has it set a large empty glass on the table before them

"By our powers combined?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:37 am

Raela Ausar wrote:"The joys of youth," Raela chuckled, highly amused. "I think people are probably all a little strange when they're still figuring out their identities."

She laughed softly. "Then I wonder how strange we must be, to have emerged alive from the aspirant race which was a changing point for many of us. For good or bad. Would you say it has changed your identities, to go through such a trial by fire?"
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:47 am

Jaheem's face hardened ever so slightly while thinking of the aspiramt's challenge "I would say it galvanized me, gave me the power and drive to do what I did. Showed me what was important. So yes, it changed me in a way, I think it would change everyone in some small way to go through what we did."
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:00 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:
Dayana Valthren wrote:Camilla too deserved her evening, at least Dayana thought so.

Dayana "met" his gaze too, mostly through the Force. It was uneasy for her, thinking of how much she wanted to give to the man. He was useful, charming in his own, odd way, to the extent that she didn't want to just use him. She wanted their relationship to be mutually beneficial. "Let's."

He nodded and led the way over to the bar. Quite unaware of the lady's thoughts. She had made some rather interesting comments in their last few meetings, but he really wasn't one to read too much into things.

Ordering a glass of wine for the two of them, he looked once again towards his companion. "I imagine you've traveled the galaxy a great deal then I, Lady Dayana. Are there any places you'd suggest to visit? Maybe sometime in the future I'll manage something of a vacation."

Dayana took the glass and held it up for a toast. "Perhaps they're best saved as surprises. Shall we, in the name of a relaxing getaway?"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 am

"Let's just get it to make a new drink with those 3 drinks." Remmington gets the droid to make them a new concoction.

It is red, orange, purple. It bubbles, sparkles, and leaves a chilly mist.

"Well it certainly looks interesting." He examines the new drink.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Shelzais Sek on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:03 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:
Shelzais Sek wrote:"Oh, but I've always planned to leave a beautiful corpse," Shelzais assured him merrily, smiling with sharp Pureblood teeth. "Still, that's not actually good for much, is it? Other than my pride." Her pulse beat high with excitement of the party, and the sheer joy of being alive to experience it all."

Ilar takes the opportunity to look her up and down at the mention of her beauty, appraisingly, obviously and he nods approvingly. "Losing the lively spirit from within would surely reduce the appeal, but I don't think you need fear for that. Even in death you'll be more stunning than most of us in life."

Shelzais Sek wrote:"But I expect you must be in need of friends and assets, now that you're... cut loose?" she purred inquisitively, leaning close as she brought her glass to her lips again.

"Well we're all looking for something, aren't we?" He replied, trying to be blaze about it all, but a perceptive eye would notice a whitening of the knuckles and an involuntary squeeze on Shel's wrist that betrayed his emotions underneath the surface.

"We are, we really are." Shelzais deposited her empty glass smoothly on a passing serving tray and covered Ilar's fingers gently with her now-free other hand. "What's passion but wanting things very hard?" With a subtle tug, she steered him over to the rail of the sailbarge deck, where the colored lights filtered out onto the cold, choppy face of the starlit bay.

"Myself? I'm very passionate about being alive, and doing as I please. Soon enough I'm getting off this ice ball again, which ought to help with the first of those." She chuckled. "For tonight I mean to take care of the second one, of course. And you, my dear Ilar? What's your passion?"
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:04 am

Dayana Valthren wrote:Dayana took the glass and held it up for a toast. "Perhaps they're best saved as surprises. Shall we, in the name of a relaxing getaway?"

"That seems like a fine idea." Alister agreed, raising his own glass. "To a relaxing getaway."
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dayana Valthren on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:38 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:
Dayana Valthren wrote:Dayana took the glass and held it up for a toast. "Perhaps they're best saved as surprises. Shall we, in the name of a relaxing getaway?"

"That seems like a fine idea." Alister agreed, raising his own glass. "To a relaxing getaway."

The masked woman sipped her glass and fully turned away from the burning husk of a city. "Perhaps you'll find my family's political structure more appealing than what we managed here."
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Ilar'Shala on Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:00 pm

Shelzais Sek wrote:"We are, we really are." Shelzais deposited her empty glass smoothly on a passing serving tray and covered Ilar's fingers gently with her now-free other hand. "What's passion but wanting things very hard?" With a subtle tug, she steered him over to the rail of the sailbarge deck, where the colored lights filtered out onto the cold, choppy face of the starlit bay.

"Myself? I'm very passionate about being alive, and doing as I please. Soon enough I'm getting off this ice ball again, which ought to help with the first of those." She chuckled. "For tonight I mean to take care of the second one, of course. And you, my dear Ilar? What's your passion?"

Ilar let Shelzais guide him as she saw fit and he was captivated by the view both without and within the sail barge.

"Exploration," he answered in a soft voice, barely audible over the raging party in the background as he leaned against the railing, gazing over the bay as the starlight twinkled far above them.

"Exploration of myself, of my limits and of...other fascinating things that catch my notice." Reaching over, Ilar dragged fingers down Shel's back from her neck to the small of her back.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Raela Ausar on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Lord Tenebrous wrote:She laughed softly. "Then I wonder how strange we must be, to have emerged alive from the aspirant race which was a changing point for many of us. For good or bad. Would you say it has changed your identities, to go through such a trial by fire?"

"I have found that all the things that have happened here, in the Aspirant challenges and beyond, have... I wouldn't say changed me... Though somewhat," she replied thoughtfully. "I feel as though I've gained some clarity about myself. I find I have a longer view than before. You'd think such things would make everything more immediate, but I've found I've gained patience instead."

Raela glanced to the side noting Ilar and Shelzais out of the corner of her eye. There was a pang of jealousy, but she was learning when to hang on and when to let go, as well. Her attention focused back on her own conversation.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Sith Pureblood | Imperial Noble | Alchemist | Lore-collector | Apprentice of Zash | No Sense of Direction

On Person: Long-range comlink, datapad, lightsaber

"Wait, hold on... Let me check my map."
Raela Ausar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Dayana Valthren wrote:The masked woman sipped her glass and fully turned away from the burning husk of a city. "Perhaps you'll find my family's political structure more appealing than what we managed here."

"What did we manage here?" He asked thoughtfully. "Other then turning a city into ruins. Though I admit I really wasn't involved in any of that."
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:29 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:Ilar let Shelzais guide him as she saw fit and he was captivated by the view both without and within the sail barge.

"Exploration," he answered in a soft voice, barely audible over the raging party in the background as he leaned against the railing, gazing over the bay as the starlight twinkled far above them.

"Exploration of myself, of my limits and of...other fascinating things that catch my notice." Reaching over, Ilar dragged fingers down Shel's back from her neck to the small of her back.

Shelzais shivered enjoyably as fingertips slid down the sparkly fabric of her party dress. "You're a great deal more confident than a week ago, Mr. Ilar'shala... I like it."

She tickled his wrist playfully with sharply manicured fingertips. "Confidence is like anything else--too much of a good thing can get you killed around here. But not tonight, hmm? Not on my boat."
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Ilar'Shala on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 pm

"A lot can change in a week." Ilar replied with a concerted effort not to look over his shoulder to the rest of the attendees, well two in particular.

"Besides your words really...touched me deeply." He continued, emphasizing his words with the lifting of Shel's knuckles to his lips. "Seems only fair that I try my hardest to touch you just as deeply."
Ilar'Shala

PreviousNext

Return to Varas Point