Building Blocks (Day 1, Late Morning)

Remote Mining Town in the Northern Reaches

Building Blocks (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Alister Dravvad on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:39 am

Raw materials were part and parcel of with the various products that Alister made, and he foundd himself in need of more. It was an unfortuante fact that most things sold in New Adasta were finished products, and the best place to find what he needed was Ajunta.

So with Eg-o4%, and Vair'ea in tow he made his way to the city, small as it was and moved down the streets to some familar shops. Hopefully this wouldn't take too terribly long. "Keep an eye out for ruffians EG-O4R." He commanded the Droid. Reciving a nod and a firm "Affirmative." In return.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Re: Building Blocks (Day 1, Late Morning)

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:Raw materials were part and parcel of with the various products that Alister made, and he foundd himself in need of more. It was an unfortuante fact that most things sold in New Adasta were finished products, and the best place to find what he needed was Ajunta.

So with Eg-o4%, and Vair'ea in tow he made his way to the city, small as it was and moved down the streets to some familar shops. Hopefully this wouldn't take too terribly long. "Keep an eye out for ruffians EG-O4R." He commanded the Droid. Reciving a nod and a firm "Affirmative." In return.

A ruffian in a white dress walked past carrying a small rolled up tent on one shoulder and a blank sign on the other.

As she passes the noble she pauses for a moment and blinks, certain the man's face appeared in her notes somewhere....and he had an excellent entourage too.

Jan had a lot of time for entourages.
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:18 am

Was that what one referred to as a vagabond? One of the homeless transients that plaqued Reppublic space? A curious site indeed for the heart of the Empire. Who exactly had approved her entry into the empire? With a stifled sigh Alister beckooned over Vair'ea and whispered some commands to her.

"Excuse me, Wayfarer." The Chiss Woman called to the woman in white. "I hope I'm not interupting, but my employer bids me to ask you what brings you to Imperial lands, and furthermore instructs me to tell you that panhandling is illegal in the lands of the Empire."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:47 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Was that what one referred to as a vagabond? One of the homeless transients that plaqued Reppublic space? A curious site indeed for the heart of the Empire. Who exactly had approved her entry into the empire? With a stifled sigh Alister beckooned over Vair'ea and whispered some commands to her.

"Excuse me, Wayfarer." The Chiss Woman called to the woman in white. "I hope I'm not interupting, but my employer bids me to ask you what brings you to Imperial lands, and furthermore instructs me to tell you that panhandling is illegal in the lands of the Empire."

"......Well actually I'm here on business."
She gives the Chiss woman a squint....Jan talks down to people, not the other way round.

"...Not panhandling business though. Your employer wouldn't be a 'Dravvad' would he? He has the look."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:32 am

Vair'ea hadn't exactly expected the woman to talk back, but it didnt seem to bother her too much. She eyed the woman for a more before nodding. Whoever it was wasn't nearly as unkempt looking as the average transient after all.

"Yes, one Doctor Alister Dravvad." She replied introducing her boss, who was casually observing the conversation. "And I'm his aide Serro’vair’eazzoth. Or Vair'ea."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:17 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Vair'ea hadn't exactly expected the woman to talk back, but it didnt seem to bother her too much. She eyed the woman for a more before nodding. Whoever it was wasn't nearly as unkempt looking as the average transient after all.

"Yes, one Doctor Alister Dravvad." She replied introducing her boss, who was casually observing the conversation. "And I'm his aide Serro’vair’eazzoth. Or Vair'ea."

"Nice to meet you Serro'Vair'eazzoth!"
She extends the end of the sign to shake. Having her own Chiss intern helped a lot with names

"Dr Alister Dravvad.....do you think he has time for a little get together? I understand the Dravvad house is exceptionally....liquid."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:11 am

Vair'ea raised a eyebrow at that, was she supposed to shake the sign? "Perhaps, though I suppose telling him who he might be meeting would help. As well as the time."

"Were you wanting something now? Or at a later date?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:24 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Vair'ea raised a eyebrow at that, was she supposed to shake the sign? "Perhaps, though I suppose telling him who he might be meeting would help. As well as the time."

"Were you wanting something now? Or at a later date?"

She jiggles the sign a little more meaningfully

"Jan Melmoar, the representative from Czerka corp"
Duh, who else carried a tent and a sign?

"Now if it's convenient, we could walk and talk, I'm due for a research project later today."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:08 am

The woman was a bit bizarre, but she was a representative of Czerka Corp. So the Doctor would likely approve.

"Alright then." Beckoning the woman to follow her, Vair'ea moved towards. "Doctor, this is Jan Melmoar of Czerka Corp. She wished to discuss some business opportunities with you."

"Miss Melomoar." Alister greeted her a moment later. "How could I help you this morning?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:53 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:The woman was a bit bizarre, but she was a representative of Czerka Corp. So the Doctor would likely approve.

"Alright then." Beckoning the woman to follow her, Vair'ea moved towards. "Doctor, this is Jan Melmoar of Czerka Corp. She wished to discuss some business opportunities with you."

"Miss Melomoar." Alister greeted her a moment later. "How could I help you this morning?"

"Lord Dravvad it is of course a pleasure."

Vair'ea gets a look for refusing to shake signs

"I'd hoped to call upon your family later but happy coincidence seems to have thrown us together! Might I ask how your beloved parents fare?"

She beams
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:42 am

The look confused the chiss a bit, but she decided to let it pass. The woman wasn't her problem, at least for the moment.

Beloved wasn't exactly the word Alister would use to describe his parents. Annoying would likely be closer, especially with the endless parade of potential matches they kept thrusting in his direction. "My parents are well." He offered with a brief smile. "Though they are currently off on a summer holiday. Still thank you for asking."

"I hope your own parents are still in good health, Miss Melmoar?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:The look confused the chiss a bit, but she decided to let it pass. The woman wasn't her problem, at least for the moment.

Beloved wasn't exactly the word Alister would use to describe his parents. Annoying would likely be closer, especially with the endless parade of potential matches they kept thrusting in his direction. "My parents are well." He offered with a brief smile. "Though they are currently off on a summer holiday. Still thank you for asking."

"I hope your own parents are still in good health, Miss Melmoar?"

"Uh well....no...worse than they have been for some time?"
She nods along happily, as if a summer holiday was the greatest thing in one's life

"You know Czerka Corp has always valued the role your family plays in this great empire, always valued, so very much."

As if the thought just occurred to her

"We're actually making some wonderful breakthroughs at some of our more...experimental sites, and we were going to ask your family for funding but if your parents are away, well then I'd have to find a Dravvad with an appreciation for the sciences who could evaluate the project in their stead....."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:47 am

Straight to business wasn't she? Not that he minded such, meaningless pleasantries were just that meaningless. "Well, if you truly want to talk about funding from the Dravvad, I'd be remiss to point out that you should probably get in touch with my uncle."

"If you're looking to locate a member of my family to evaluate the designs and perhaps put in a good word." Well, it seems serendipitous that you happen to have found me."
I could likely do just that, though I'm interested in hearing your pitch on why I should."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:Straight to business wasn't she? Not that he minded such, meaningless pleasantries were just that meaningless. "Well, if you truly want to talk about funding from the Dravvad, I'd be remiss to point out that you should probably get in touch with my uncle."

"If you're looking to locate a member of my family to evaluate the designs and perhaps put in a good word." Well, it seems serendipitous that you happen to have found me."
I could likely do just that, though I'm interested in hearing your pitch on why I should."

"Well Lord Dravvad........what would you say is your greatest scientific interest?"

She wiggles her eyebrows at him.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Was that supposed to be attractive? Or did it have some other purpose? Alister decided not to ask. "That is a interesting question" Alister replied thoughtfully. "I'd say lately I've been curious if I could create a cybernetic womb that could gestate a completely alien species insiide a hosts body without risk of genetic degredation."

The statement caused Vair'ea to wince a little. She certainly wished the boss wasn't so open about some of his stranger ideas.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:Was that supposed to be attractive? Or did it have some other purpose? Alister decided not to ask. "That is a interesting question" Alister replied thoughtfully. "I'd say lately I've been curious if I could create a cybernetic womb that could gestate a completely alien species insiide a hosts body without risk of genetic degredation."

The statement caused Vair'ea to wince a little. She certainly wished the boss wasn't so open about some of his stranger ideas.

Jan doesn’t blink.

“Oh wonderful! You would be interested in our Devaronian cloning probject, Czerka has been trying to solve that particular puzzle for some time, maybe with some more funding and your expertise.....”

Big smile.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Alister did blink however.

"Why would I be interested in cloning Devaronian's?" He asked with a curious expression. "Do you think I have some sort of fetish for horns? He pursued his lips. "Well, I suppose one could assume I might have a interest in the artifical wombs used to incubate the clones, but that seems a bit short sighted."

"Unless your saying I'd get a commission in cloned devaroians to use as I see fit to further my own research?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:50 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Alister did blink however.

"Why would I be interested in cloning Devaronian's?" He asked with a curious expression. "Do you think I have some sort of fetish for horns? He pursued his lips. "Well, I suppose one could assume I might have a interest in the artifical wombs used to incubate the clones, but that seems a bit short sighted."

"Unless your saying I'd get a commission in cloned devaroians to use as I see fit to further my own research?"

Well, that does get a counter blink.

"We've been using devaronian DNA as our genetic base for artificial womb tech I...I think you and horns are wonderful and whether or not you like them is a personal matter."

Spread her hands and therefore the sign and tent wide.

"Now if you want cloned devaronians....I can probably get you cloned devaronians."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:58 am

So the lady had a horn fetish? Well, that was intriguing but none of his business really. "I see." He murmured thoughtfully.

"Well, I suppose there is no harm in having a look then." He glanced towards Vair'ea. "My aide can help schedule it."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:10 am

Alister Dravvad wrote:Snip

"Wonderful! Well then I look forward to your arrival Lord Dravvad, I'm sure after you see what Czerka has been developing it will inspire you!"

She nods a few times, beaming.

"So fortuitous we ran into one another here, but I would simply hate to take any more of your time away from artificial wombs..."
Jan Melmoar

Next

Return to Ajunta