[D9 - ME] Past and Future Selves

Unsettled Regions of Ziost

[D9 - ME] Past and Future Selves

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:23 am

Ilar stood gazing out into the wilds of this icy hellhole as the wind whipped back and forth. His people preferred the warmer climes, but somehow this seemed more appropriate.

Just barely outside the safety of the walls, he waited impatiently for the one he had invited to arrive.
Last edited by Ilar'Shala on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Re: [D8 - ME] Past and Future Selves

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:29 am

Jaheem arrived as he was invited after court telling Raela he would see her later this evening he wandered into the waste.

His lips formed a small frown as he looked to the Twilek "Ilar, what have you summoned me out to these blasted wastes for that we couldn't handle in a more civilized environment?" He voice showed traces of annoyance.
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:38 am

"If you have to ask my Lord, then I really have no words to explain my disappointment in Lady Raela's decision." Ilar replies with a sigh, causing a puff of warm breath to crystallize in the air.

"Besides, it's easier for one to hide a body out here." He joked, trying to keep the tone a little lighter.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:42 am

"I have no doubt about the topic you wish to discuss but am more questioning of your choice of venue." He said and chuckled at the next comment "I appreciate you saving me the effort if it comes down to that."
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:50 am

"Yes, saving you the effort." Ilar parrots back, with a touch of sarcasm.

"After all it seems you're racking up quite the body count during your visit to this ball of ice. The fact you're still breathing and your plans the last time we briefly spoke speak volumes."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:09 am

Jaheem's eyes narrowed briefly as Ilar but he didn't say anything for a moment "Yes I try hard to stay breathing. Please if you have a point make it." Jaheem had never been one to beat around the Bush so to speak.

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:25 am

"Very well, if that is your wish, I will be blunt." Ilar answered the clearly frustrated Sith Lord.

"Before Lady Raela was called up in the Emperor's test of loyalty, I saw your...devotion to those closest to you laid bare to the galaxy. Needless to say, I have concerns."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:42 am

Jaheems jaw tightened visibly and slowly relaxed enough for him to speak "My mother knew what could happen, she shared my vision and wanted me to take any chance to advance our goals." His eyes sparkled but tears did not fall, he would not let them, not here in front of another. "I regret what I did only in so far because it was a waste, I know of sacrifice Ilar, the Abasi family understands sacrifice to complete that which is important. I will not lie. I will not say my heart does not ache every morning with the weight I carry now because of that monster and the tax he exacted on me and the other aspirants."

His eyes were determined and resolute as he continued "I will not falter in my mission, I have sworn to protect Raela and with her build ourselves a future in a newly born Empire. My word will not convince you, I am no Baras who wields words better than most Sith can wield a saber. But I will show you. I ask not your permission nor your blessing but I will demand your respect, not just of me but of Raela's decision she is a smarter woman than either of us and to question my viability as a partner is to question her judgement."

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:05 am

Ilar crossed his arms in front of himself, partly out of resolve, but mostly to try and conserve a little more body heat in the frigid conditions. He watched Jaheem closely, knowing that plucking at these strings of his emotions could easily end with blue blood spraying across the icy ground.

"And we both know that my blessing I would not give, and my permission is hardly an obstacle or even a necessary consideration. She is her own woman, a magnificent woman, one neither of us is worthy of, but I think we both know that either of us would draw our last breath to die upon the hill to prove our worth."

Turning his back to Jaheem, Ilar looked out into the cold wastes of both the terrain and, symbolically, his future.

"My respect however, you have at least partially earned, for what it is worth, with your actions in the Court room yesterday my Lord. I do not doubt your courage but I cannot speak to your devotion unless I know on which altar of belief Raela might be left upon as you step forward on your mission."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:07 am

Jaheem nodded "I will not stand here and make foolish proclamations of love, I have known Raela for a week but she is a woman I am fond of and one I have the ability to love in time. I am many thing but a liar is not one of them, when I say I will protect her I mean it." The resolute nature displayed by the Twilek was reflected by Jaheem.

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:34 am

"Of course, it would be a poor alliance if you did not protect your interest." Ilar responded. "Well as a former guardian to a new one, may I say you'll have your work cut out for you."

Ilar had a great many questions, but wasn't certain anyone had the answers quite yet.

I wonder if he realises how temporary moments in time we will be in her new life.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:54 am

Jaheem nodded "and I appreciate everything you have done for her, everything you will do for her as her apprentice and friend. You are important to her Ilar. While you may not approve of her decision, while you may be jealous, or whatever emotions you feel towards me. We will both be in her life and it will be better for her if that existence is in harmony." He extended a hand to the twilek with a genuine look in his eyes.
Last edited by Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:07 am

Ilar contemplated Jaheem's words before slowly extending his hand in kind.

"For the record, I don't approve, but that's nothing personal. I understand the decision though, and she could have done worse. Knowing the futility of something and accepting it are two separate issues and while I came to terms with the former a long time ago. The latter is still a new revelation for me."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:56 am

Jaheem took the hand and shook it firmly "as I said I do not seek your approval and only want what's best for Raela. For now we simply need to be civil but who know over time we may even grow to be something resembling friends." His voice didnt hold much conviction at that last part but the words were spoken anyway.

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:45 am

"No, we don't need to be civil." Ilar definitively contradicted Jaheem's words.

"We too need to be allies in this, but you are right friendship would be a stretch that neither of us are ready for yet, platitudes and kind words are unbecoming of you Lord Abasi, but know that if you or your new fianceè ever need me, I'll be there." He shook Jaheem's hand with less vigor, but no less commitment.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am

Jaheem nodded his eyes stern and approving "I apologize, you are correct platitudes are useless. I should not have offered them. Allies will be sufficient for now." His voice was firm and he had gained a bit of respect for Ilar and his no nonsense attitude. "And I extend the same offer to you, should you have need of me I will do what I can to help."

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:08 am

"Just take care of her. It's all I can ask, and all that I need to know." Ilar responds with a tone of resignation and finality in his voice.

He knows that if he asked, Raela would let him stay on, but that would benefit him not, it would only drag him further into this pit of light and love. And that would not help his future path.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:58 am

Jaheem nodded he was not one for repeating himself and he had already promised to defend and protect her. He did not have words come to him in this moment that he found necesarry to say to add to the conversation. "Is that all you wished to discuss Ilar?" He asked.

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:37 am

Ilar nodded his head. "I'm heading to Korriban in the next week or two for the latest student intake. When I come out, I was considering joining the Inquisitors, I'd like to speak with you after I graduate and seek a recommendation if you find me worthy."
Ilar'Shala

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Jaheem raised his eyebrows slightly "hmm well you will go through the same evaluation as everyone does Ilar but I know you to be a man of character and loyalty. We shall see how the academy treats you and what you are like on the other side but I see no reason to bar the option of joining the inquisition."

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Next

Return to Icy Wastes