Days of Yore [D7LM]

Remnants of the Ancient Dark Jedi settlements on Ziost

Days of Yore [D7LM]

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:07 am

The intelligence operative that Lucinia had spoken to wasn't very interested in hearing her complaint. On the other hand, she had actually heard of Lucinia, and had been willing to share a choice piece of information about the ruins. Lucinia considered that a significant gain. And now that she'd received partial permission to visit the ruins of Old Ziost, well, it was time to do what she'd come here for.

She was fully outfitted, with her dress adjusted to travel mode, a thermal cloak on, and fully loaded backpack. Finding the site would be no trouble, not with her abilities. Getting there on the other hand...

Well, at least she had company.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: Days of Yore [D7LM]

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:14 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:The intelligence operative that Lucinia had spoken to wasn't very interested in hearing her complaint. On the other hand, she had actually heard of Lucinia, and had been willing to share a choice piece of information about the ruins. Lucinia considered that a significant gain. And now that she'd received partial permission to visit the ruins of Old Ziost, well, it was time to do what she'd come here for.

She was fully outfitted, with her dress adjusted to travel mode, a thermal cloak on, and fully loaded backpack. Finding the site would be no trouble, not with her abilities. Getting there on the other hand...

Well, at least she had company.

Jan stood nearby, sporting a truly giant backpack and with her own dress optimised for ruin exploration.
"Lord Malveaux I'm just....delighted to be accompanying you, to think we'll be working to salvage such important nay....irreplaceable historical artefacts, it warms my heart."

Pause

"Such historical importance makes them very valuable though...right?"
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:46 am

Lucinia raised one eyebrow, smiling amusement. "Just so long as it warms the body, too. Thank goodness for thermal cloaks. As useful here as they were on Korriban, although for an entirely different reason."

She laughed softly, shaking her head. "Oh, yes. Quite often. Don't worry, my dear." She cast Jan a smile. Her lips were much paler than usual, almost a soft purple, having substituted a cold weather lip balm for her usual red lipstick. "Perhaps we shall find something for both of us."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:19 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia raised one eyebrow, smiling amusement. "Just so long as it warms the body, too. Thank goodness for thermal cloaks. As useful here as they were on Korriban, although for an entirely different reason."

She laughed softly, shaking her head. "Oh, yes. Quite often. Don't worry, my dear." She cast Jan a smile. Her lips were much paler than usual, almost a soft purple, having substituted a cold weather lip balm for her usual red lipstick. "Perhaps we shall find something for both of us."

"Just so long as your lips don't turn blue from the...."
She raises an eyebrow
"Or I guess....red....from the cold."
Rolling her neck she peered around

"I guess then...where is this thing?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:50 pm

sith forum.jpg
sith forum.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 7479 times

A structure jutted out from the icy muck and trees, this must be the place she had heard of.

Well she hoped.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:46 pm

With a chill (how else?) smile, Lucinia pointed. "There. That is it." A slight frown. "I hope."

Lucinia paused a moment, turning to Jan with a wry look. "The one downside to investigating Sith places of power. A great many of them are in swamps." She gave one of her half-shrugs, one thoroughly covered shoulder rising and falling. "But there is power in them."

She turned back towards the structure, taking a deep breath before leading the way forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Committing Force Dice to Seek)
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:17 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:With a chill (how else?) smile, Lucinia pointed. "There. That is it." A slight frown. "I hope."

Lucinia paused a moment, turning to Jan with a wry look. "The one downside to investigating Sith places of power. A great many of them are in swamps." She gave one of her half-shrugs, one thoroughly covered shoulder rising and falling. "But there is power in them."

She turned back towards the structure, taking a deep breath before leading the way forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(Committing Force Dice to Seek)

"One of these days there's gonna be a sith place of power on a beach with a minibar and full sunlight."
Jan gives the ominous building a look before unslinging her weapons and padding silently behind and to the right of Lucinia, ready to cover the Sith if needed.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:01 am

Lucinia laughed softly, shaking her head. She spared a quick smile at Jan, although she kept much of her attention on their surroundings.

"Doubtful. Although..." She pursed her lips. "There was a minibar once, when pirates had set up their operation at the tomb entrance. There was no one to tend it, though; the Sith's ghost had already driven them mad."

Another smile. "Beach and minibar come after our success. It shall be my treat to you."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia laughed softly, shaking her head. She spared a quick smile at Jan, although she kept much of her attention on their surroundings.

"Doubtful. Although..." She pursed her lips. "There was a minibar once, when pirates had set up their operation at the tomb entrance. There was no one to tend it, though; the Sith's ghost had already driven them mad."

Another smile. "Beach and minibar come after our success. It shall be my treat to you."

"Well....so motivated I cannot but help us succeed."
....Could one even shoot sith ghosts? Eh. She flashes some happy finger guns back at Lucinia as they advance
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:28 pm

The interior is covered with muck and ice with muddy floors due to flooding and slush from the ice. The ceilings were high perhaps six meters I height and curved like domes with fading frescoes upon them.

Yet it felt oppressive inside and in the silence between their steps and words they can hear nameless whispers.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Well, this wasn't too unfamiliar to Lucinia. Grimly, she trod onward. After some thought, she drew her lightsaber, but did not ignite it.

Frowning in mild concern, she glanced at Jan. "Are you okay?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:48 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Well, this wasn't too unfamiliar to Lucinia. Grimly, she trod onward. After some thought, she drew her lightsaber, but did not ignite it.

Frowning in mild concern, she glanced at Jan. "Are you okay?"

"Just uh....hoping the nameless whispers aren't in my head."
She manages a somewhat pale smile and a jerky nod.

"I've definitely had worse whispers."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:55 am

The door slams shut behind them.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:12 am

Lucinia sighed. "It's going to be one of those sorts, I see."

A few moments of fiddling, and she drew out a glow rod from her pack. Lighting it, she glanced at Jan with a smile. "This does suggest that there is something to find here."

She led the way onward.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:13 am

Dapper Dog wrote:The door slams shut behind them.

Lucinia discovered Jan could perform an extremely impressive vertical jump as she nearly takes off at the sound.

"...Just uh, checking the ceiling for traps."
She follows along.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:10 pm

The whispers grow stronger as they approach the main meeting chamber of the forum a circular chamber with raised steps of stone, now overgrown with vines with a layer of muck and ice. The once vibrant holo-murals are not just covered grime but the place still feels alive and the whispers are louder now.

OOC: Fear check at Average , Cool or Discipline.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Although Lucinia could feel the fear, she was a Sith. Fear was her element.

Perhaps her unflappable attitude and the excited gleam in her green eyes would help reassure Jan.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

D7LM, I ain't afraid of no ghost, Discipline, Confidence: 1eP+3eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Boost to Jan.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:45 am

(( Days of Yore cool check at average, boost dice from Lucinia: 2eD+2eA+1eB+1eP 5 successes, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage ))

((I'll leave the threat to DD))

It certainly is eerie and foreboding but....Jan's fear is buried by Lucinia's clear confidence and the prospect of filthy lucre. No ghosts were going to stop her earning an honest...mostly honest credit.

"Well, this isn't so bad I suppose...."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:06 pm

The chamber is foreboding and they both feel a sense of anger and conflict in the air, punctuated by the sound of the structure settling maybe with a low rumble. Lucinia can see vague images of people like rough approximations that are ephermeral standing and possibly having a discussion?

Jan walks right through some, as she cannot see them but feels a chill in the air, it is painfully cold.

OOC: Suffer 2 strain for Jan.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:The chamber is foreboding and they both feel a sense of anger and conflict in the air, punctuated by the sound of the structure settling maybe with a low rumble. Lucinia can see vague images of people like rough approximations that are ephermeral standing and possibly having a discussion?

Jan walks right through some, as she cannot see them but feels a chill in the air, it is painfully cold.

OOC: Suffer 2 strain for Jan.

She breaks out in goosebumps and starts shivering violently
Jan Melmoar

Next

Return to Old Ziost