Where are you, old man? [D1, EM]

Korriban, home of the Korriban Sith Academy

Where are you, old man? [D1, EM]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:44 am

Xyll had arrived planet-side sometime during the night. This little 'excursion' had been on the docket for a week now. She'd acquired as much information on her target as her sources could provide. She had presumably identified a likely area to search in, and if said area was a substantial enough distance from where the shuttle had dropped her off that it'd start cutting a sizeable chunk out of her day, she'd have taken the liberty of renting a speeder if need be.

She was as prepared as she was going to be, and now she just had to do. Find the old man. Take the relic to him. See what happens.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Re: Where are you, old man? [D1, EM]

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:50 am

OOC: Average survival check please with a setback due to the heat, equipment can void that setback of course.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 am

Survival: 2eA+1eS+2eD 1 failure, 2 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:14 am

She had lost her way, although it was morning on Ziost here it was nearing evening and the sun began to set with the temperature dropping quickly. She came upon a large crimson dune but as she got closer she could see there was a cave at the base… perhaps a structure or mound had been covered by the shifting sands…

There was flickering light as if from a fire coming from the entrance.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Xyll, a tad frustrated by the sense that she'd gotten lost, nonetheless felt confident. Especially when she noticed the fire coming from an entrance. As if she had been *meant* to get lost. With that, she approached, and entered if she could.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Entering was easy it was warmer here with the fire and a disheveled robed form sat by the flames and said gruffly, “I don’t get many visitors.”

“You are in luck I am making red worm soup, and they were quite fat this season.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:48 pm

"Indeed?" She approached, observing the man carefully as she did. She had little interest in whatever soup he was preparing, though she did cast a quick glance around the rest of the cave.

"My name is Xyll Vanth. Known as Lord Nyx, to some. And might I inquire as to your name?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:12 pm

It was a cave, jagged shaped rock from the elements with plenty of red sand. There was a leather satchel, the leather was weathered and crack, that sat by him as he stirred the soup in a large black iron pot over a fire. He used bleached bone to stir the soup which had a murky color between the milky bubbles.

He chuckled darkly and said, “People call me Spindral, Lord Nyx, welcome to my home.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Finally!

"Then it is you that I seek. My master, Darth Arya has sent me to be judged by you."

She produces the relic that she had previously secured, and held it out toward him.

"She bid me to give you this. And to tell you that she misses the talks she's had with you."

Xyll looked around, and added; a tad reluctantly; "And that she remembers that stormy night in the cave."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:59 pm

“Why do you think I chose this cave, Lord Nyx,” he said with a dark toothed grin.

“Just put that useless thing over there next to my satchel. It will make good soup.” He continued stirring and said, “So I am to judge you… tell me what you seek Lord Nyx.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:23 pm

She narrowed his eyes. Useless indeed. A waste of her talents. Anger radiated from her as she considered throwing the thing at him; but that would help nothing. So instead she did as he suggest, and sat it down.

"Power," she said, glaring. "The power that was taken from me by the Jedi. I want it back."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:17 pm

“I am no Jedi,” he said as he finished his stirring. “If the Jedi took your power then was it really yours to begin with? It I take your eyes did they ever really belong to you?”

“Soup?” he offered.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Hatred. More anger.

"Of course it did," she practically hissed, ignoring the offer of soup. "I was magnificent... and they... took it all. Almost all of it. With that... damned ritual of theirs. Everything's dulled now. Everything's hazy."

Memories flashed before her eyes, fragmented like always. Indistinct.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:04 pm

"Yet here you are playing delivery girl," he said with a black toothed smile.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:34 pm

"Indeed," she said in anger.

A particularly large boulder within the cave started shaking, then in an instant was accelerated out of the cave, right past her head with perfect precision, and thrown as far as she could hurl it. A distant heavy crash indicating just how far the boulder had travelled; her hair still waving about from the air being disturbed around her.

"No more", she said, forcing her rage back with force of will.

Force Move, discipline, Average: 3eP+1eA+2eF+2eD 5 successes, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 DS to activate Move, 1 DS to activate strength upgrades to move silhouette 2 object, Destiny to convert 2 light side to DS, taking 2 strain/conflict, 2 DS to activate range upgrades twice (so 4 range upgrades total, not sure how far that is).
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Spindral ate his soup quietly for a long moment and then said, “You certainly have strength in the Force, Lord Nyx.”

“Ambition perhaps. Your power is gone. The ones who took it are long dead, you can chase your tail like a tu’kata… it is not my place to decide for you.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 pm

She narrowed her eyes.

"My power is not *gone*, old man. It cannot be. It must simply be... locked away. And there must be ways to unlock it."

She was quiet for a moment, considering.

"Or do you know something I do not?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 pm

“I know many things you do not like the feel of Darth Arya under the moonlight her skin next to mine,” he grinned with a cackle.

“The secrets of the Force are revealed to me by Korriban and she is a harsh mistress perhaps she knows something that could help but be warned her lessons are not for the weak.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Once more she narrowed her eyes. That was a mental image she did *not* need.

"Korriban," she said. "This is where they took me. It is only fitting it should be here, then, that the key turns again. Tell me what I must do to receive this lesson, old man, and it shall be done. For I am not weak."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 pm

"Listen," he said.

OOC: Discipline or Cool check + Force at Hard, flipping a Destiny for upgrade so 1 red and two purple. The more Force pips you can generate the better.
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Korriban