Once More Into The Breach [Day 0, Morning]

Hyperspace travel

Once More Into The Breach [Day 0, Morning]

Postby Rax Nam on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 am

Subspace streaked by, a light show that Rax had witnessed and had long lost its novelty. As he leaned back on the pilot's seat he muttered to himself. He needed a droid. Or a partner, or something. The Veldt had a... somewhat decent astrogation computer, but he tended to hate doing the calculations. Plus, having someone to do the flying to make sure he didn't flatten into an asteroid would be welcome. Perhaps that's why he decided to take this crazy job in the heart of Empire space. He was legitimate... of sorts, but being a nonhuman meant that he'd stick out a little bit.

Ultimately he shrugged. "So..." he called back to his passenger, his Cathar accent making his words purr out. "How long are you needing to be in this area? And are you looking for me to ferry you around while we're here?"
Cathar | Neutral | Smuggler | Scoundrel | Thrill Seeker

"When your people has been through the ringer like mine has, then you can tell me how to live my life, mm?"

Ship:The Vast Veldt
Rax Nam

Re: Once More Into The Breach [Day 0, Morning]

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 am

Rax Nam wrote:Snip

Jan offers a wide smile back at the smuggler as she looks up from slotting a long rifle back together. For some reason the Rep had decided to wear an ankle length bright white Czerka dress....hardly what you'd take for a stealth op

"Couple hours, we just need to get these boys some food, drink and news from home. They only get resupplied once a month so I'm sure they're looking forward to our little visit. Might need you to do a little flyover around the station, make sure everything is still where it is, ping it with your system so we can check the....privacy features."

There's a satisfying 'thunk' as the disruptor barrels is reattached

"Then we get out of here and everyone goes home with a few more credits in their pocket."
She shoots the Cathar some very vigorous finger guns.
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:33 am

Rax nodded as he watched Jan work with the rifle. Watching her hands moving with the rifle made him think that she might have some military experience as well; it gave them something in common, though he wondered on what side she would be on. He mentally shrugged; that was too personal a question for an employer of his.

He smiled and even purred a bit at the satisfying thunk but his ears twitched a bit. "If you amke it sound so easy, that is sure to cause... trouble," he said with a laugh. "You can blend in here in this system, I cannot." He shrugged again. "But if it is what you say and I survive, maybe I can do things again for you, yes?"

"When your people has been through the ringer like mine has, then you can tell me how to live my life, mm?"

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 am

Rax Nam wrote:Rax nodded as he watched Jan work with the rifle. Watching her hands moving with the rifle made him think that she might have some military experience as well; it gave them something in common, though he wondered on what side she would be on. He mentally shrugged; that was too personal a question for an employer of his.

He smiled and even purred a bit at the satisfying thunk but his ears twitched a bit. "If you amke it sound so easy, that is sure to cause... trouble," he said with a laugh. "You can blend in here in this system, I cannot." He shrugged again. "But if it is what you say and I survive, maybe I can do things again for you, yes?"

"There's a small chance of pirates...bandits or worse." She shudders "A labour force strike. Czerka union movements are always dangerously well armed."
Placing the gun down on a table and starting to attach a truly titanic scope to it
"But I wouldn't be worried friend, I'm pretty good with people."
She flicks the scope through a few different settings, nodding approvingly.

"Can't do much about the blending I'm afraid, not without some patented Czerka disguise tech, and that's not cheap at all. But other than the pirates, bandits and unions....we should be fine."
Snapping her fingers

"Oh, and law enforcement, obviously."

humming contentedly she begins the same stripping process on her sidearm, a small pistol only slightly larger than her palm

"If you survive, and I survive then yeah...sure."
Without looking up the Czerka rep sticks a thumb up

"Never say no to someone who knows their way around a ship and isn't afraid of a couple informal duties."
The pistol starts making a high pitched whine and she quickly turns down a dial.
"You got some other skills you want to advertise? Get up to anything before smuggling?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:31 pm

(Good lord, I didn't realize how poorly written my last post was heh)

Rax tilted his head in thought, extending a claw to idly scratch at one of his teeth. "Nothing I haven't deal with back home," he mused as to the list of potential problems. "But certainly a more realistic idea than... smooth sailing, yes?"

He didn't seem fazed by the mention of law enforcement; in his line of work that was a constant reality as an obstacle. There was a bit of worry that the Empire security would be more zealous, but there was also a chance that in their winning of the war that they would be a little more lax- when a populace is pacified by a win, the police didn't need to crack down so hard.

The rep's confidence seemed to satisfy him for now though. Rax, like many people in the entire galaxy, had a less than favorable view of Czerka and their mercenary ways, but in the end he figured that would make him a hypocrite, wouldn't it? Their money was still good and the job itself just seemed to be simple smuggling.

Her question made him flit his ears slightly though. "Oh, this and that," he replied, cooly crossing his arms in a clutch. His jacket was rough and tumble compared to the rep's fine dress, but it had the hallmarks of being military-grade, though of a cut that didn't necessarily signal Sith. "I know my way around a few guns to know that your sidearm there didn't seem to appreciate that last tuning."

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:45 am

Rax Nam wrote:(Good lord, I didn't realize how poorly written my last post was heh)

((Not at all! In comparison to my spellcheckless posts I think you're well ahead XD ))

The barrel starts steaming slightly
"It's just unhappy after the last modifications, this guy is fine tuned within an inch of his life....and hopefully the target's."
She makes a few more twists and turns and it settles....for now.

"Good to know you way around a weapon" She runs her eyes over the smuggler's cut
"Lotta people running around with weapons they can't handle." Some she had sold too

"I'm ex-military myself, gets you a little leg up on the operations side at corporate."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:32 am

Rax chuckled. "If you say so," he replied with an indication to the gun. At least it looked like it wouldn't blast a hole in the hull and kill them both. "I served as well.. at least until things changed." He didn't mind playing coy, if it was enough to convince people that he might have actually been in the Empire army despite his species, well that would just benefit him while they were there. He couldn't be sure where Jan lied, Czerka was fairly infamous for playing both sides as long as the credit was good; no doubt they'd get defectors that matched their loyalties.

"Hrrm... I would imagine military training would allow for... better salesmanship, yes."

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:37 am

She chuckles, strapping the sidearm to her hip before sauntering over to flop down in the seat next to Rax.

"What a coincidence, I served until things changed too. And yeah, it does help with the sales, whether that's the negotiations or delivery. People don't try to jump me as often as a smuggler-" Smirk "-no offense, but it never hurts to be prepared. All sorts of folks running around these days. Imperials....others...."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:16 am

Rax made sure the copilot's seat was cleared so Jan could sit down on it comfortably, and then leaned back, letting the light of hyperspace flash along both of their features. He grinned at her, trying to look less the predatory smile that the feline species had that just sort of put non-Cathar off. It looked a little more goofy though, since it mostly consisted of trying to lessen the appearance of his fangs.

He liked her. She had a fine attitude that seemed to match his, corp or not. He waved off her comment. "None taken. That is why I am.... 'legitimate cargo corporation'," he said with a chuckle. He took a bit of a gamble the way she was teasing out. "Indeed. One could watch out for any Republic spies in the sector, no? Or... Republic anything since no doubt they'd be seen as spies."

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:51 am

She tilts her head over to the Cathar and gives him a look...wondering what he was doing with his fangs.

"Oh yes, one has to be careful about that sort of thing. Of course...Czerka is strictly neutral, so I'd feel no compunction to report such activites, we can hardly limit our market to only half the galaxy. Quite different requirements from my time in the service....but a positive change, I feel."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 am

He downgraded from a grin to a smirk, but it was no less a sign that he was amused by their conversation. Like moves on a holochess table. This could be a good working arrangement, he felt.

"And well, to speak, my line of work one has to be neutral as well. So one would suppose... that I wouldn't have to watch out for those Imperials, hmm?" He chuckled softly. "I tend to not let politics get in my way." He angled one eyebrow. "Unless you're a Mandelorian, hmm?"

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:33 am

"Oh I don't know Rax....do you need to watch out for 'those Imperials'?"
She raises her hands for a shrug
"If you're really just neutral like me then there would be no problems I'm sure. I'm no Mandolorian either, I've known a few in my time though, stubborns buggers the lot of them. Good customers though."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 am

"Well that can be true for most everyone I meet," he mused, "but Mandalorians..." For once his jovial demeanor dropped, a growl in his throat. "That is something I cant look the other way. There is no credits that can erase what they did to my people."

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Rax Nam wrote:"Well that can be true for most everyone I meet," he mused, "but Mandalorians..." For once his jovial demeanor dropped, a growl in his throat. "That is something I cant look the other way. There is no credits that can erase what they did to my people."

She puffs out her cheeks and exhales

"Some things money can't buy. This is why you need to be careful of people with causes. What they did back then? That made things personal for a whole lot of people, no surprise things are still personal."

Her smile returns
"I don't take things personal."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

He held his hands up. "You don't have to worry about me, I'm not going off on some hunting spree," he replied. He resolved that centuries old racial vendetta or not, he didn't want to lose a job or future jobs with a lucrative employer because he looked to be problematic. He'd just have to be careful.

"Not like we're going to Mandalore, right?" he said with a chuckle.

He decided that it was high time to change subjects, and so his mind turned to trying to string together some business. "Staying long in the area after our job?"

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 am

Rax Nam wrote:He held his hands up. "You don't have to worry about me, I'm not going off on some hunting spree," he replied. He resolved that centuries old racial vendetta or not, he didn't want to lose a job or future jobs with a lucrative employer because he looked to be problematic. He'd just have to be careful.

"Not like we're going to Mandalore, right?" he said with a chuckle.

He decided that it was high time to change subjects, and so his mind turned to trying to string together some business. "Staying long in the area after our job?"

She nods, accepting the Cathar wasn't looking to murder all Mandalorians right this second....it would slow down their trip somewhat.

"Oh yes, I'll be keeping an eye on the happenings in Ziost, it should be quite something and Czerka intends to play a small role for galactic stability."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 am

Rax keyed in something and the console spat out a commlink frequency. He keyed it into a chip and held it out for Jan to take. "That's my com if you need transportation, I'll stick around and find my own entertainment till you are wanting back home. Might as well have reliable transportation and we can double-bill your bosses later, hmm? I could also help be a bodyguard if you need an extra blaster."

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:52 am

Rax Nam wrote:Rax keyed in something and the console spat out a commlink frequency. He keyed it into a chip and held it out for Jan to take. "That's my com if you need transportation, I'll stick around and find my own entertainment till you are wanting back home. Might as well have reliable transportation and we can double-bill your bosses later, hmm? I could also help be a bodyguard if you need an extra blaster."

"Well aren't you a sweety, Rax."
Her long fingers pinch the chip between some nails and extract it to a small pouch.

"Double-billing and a bodyguard? Two of my favourite things in life, that sounds like a wonderful idea."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rax Nam on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:48 am

Rex nodded with another small smile. "Happy to help," he said with a sweep of his hand, "theres always an angle, hmm? I'm sure in a system like this I'll be nearly fashionable for you. Anyyhing else you would like to know?"

Rax Nam

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:51 am

Rax Nam wrote:Rex nodded with another small smile. "Happy to help," he said with a sweep of his hand, "theres always an angle, hmm? I'm sure in a system like this I'll be nearly fashionable for you. Anyyhing else you would like to know?"

"Hmmm.....well just how fast can this thing go if there needs to be a speedy exit for...various reasons?"
She eyes the ship.
Jan Melmoar

Next

Return to Hyperspace