We brake for nobody [D3, MM]

Hyperspace travel

We brake for nobody [D3, MM]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Xyll had found her way to the central area of the ship. She was still suffering the effects of an inssuficient amount of sleep, but trying to catch up on it on the way to their destination didn't seem like it'd help matters much. Besides, she might as well make use of the time to do some reading up on things. Mostly her own studies, but if there was something relevant to the situation at hand she'd come across, she wouldn't mind.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Re: We brake for nobody [D3, MM]

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:28 pm

"Good, you're already here." Jo'ren appeared and activated the ship-wide communicator. "Let's meet up and discuss the op."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Shaisha slumped down in a seat, and offered a stimstick to Xyll as she could tell the woman was rather fatigued.

"So, what's the sitch," she said as she looked to Jo'ren, awaiting his briefing.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Lucinia came forward, easing herself into one of the provided seats. She sat with perfect posture, spine straight, chil tilted ever so slightly upward.

A frown, then a nod to Jo'ren, content to let him begin.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:45 pm

She waved off the offer of a stim, but did sit up straighter now that everyone was here; and put away her datapad.

"I wasn't told much," she said with a nod to Shaisha's words, and Xyll too looked toward Jo'ren.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:54 pm

"Okay then." Jo'ren called up a star chart and zoomed in to the system they were heading to. It zoomed in further to a has giant. "Thanks to Lucinia's research we learned about this place. It's an old Rakatan facility in orbit around the gas giant. The closest known remnant of their technology from Ziost."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm

"So... do we know the current condition the facility is in, and what sort of resistance we're likely to encounter?" Shaisha asked, thinking of the first questions that come to mind.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 pm

"What sort of research are we talking about?" she looked between Jo'ren and Lucinia. "Are we just aimlessly going to wander about a massive space station hoping we'll find something of interest? Or is there a particular reason we're going?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 pm

"The space station may not be in the best of shape." Lucinia spoke up. "It is in a decaying orbit. Eventually, it will break up in the atmosphere, and pieces of it will crash into the planet. This might be taken as evidence that it is, at best, ill-maintained."

She turned to Xyll, green eyes narrowing. "As for the purpose of the mission, surveilance has detected Rakatan technology on the station. There are some specific items we have in mind, but Rakatan technology has innate value."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:34 pm

"Yeah, it's old but functional. A pirate gang called the Nova Blades hangs out there. They call it Nova Station. I've paid them off to leave us alone. They pretend they don't have Imperial ties but they're off the books associates of Darth Hoshi."

He gave Xyll a serious nod. "As much as we ever do chasing ancient power. It's a Rakatan Station so I'm betting there are areas the pirates and other detritus didn't ever find. There is an item I need on board, and I'm hoping it'll probe more generally lucrative all around."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 pm

"What manner of item are you after?" she asked, smiling as sweetly as a Sith could manage. "And what makes you think these pirates, or Darth Hoshi, haven't gotten to it first? Luck only takes you so far."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:04 am

Lord Rath shrugged. "Darth Hoshi keeps them at arms length. Pirates wouldn't know what it is, and it's not much to use to anyone but me."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 am

"Did the Force tell you you would find what you're seeking is here, Lord Rath?" she inquired.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:17 am

"Only useful to you? Certainly sounds as if you've got some interesting projects going," she said, maintaining that smile.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:44 am

"Not in the way it shows you things. But it gives me a feeling. I also undertook some separate research that indicates it will be there."

He smiled at Nyx. "That I do. The best projects."

Looking around at the others he added. "I've already paid out plenty for this, and Lucinia has contributed too. Like I said, I'm hopeful there will be plenty that is worth our time."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 am

"I would certainly hope so," she said. "One doesn't mind cooperating and spending one's time of course, but few Sith act entirely with pure generosity in mind."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 am

She nodded, trusting in Jo'ren's guidance from the Force.

"If anything, this excursion will provide more interesting than today's events on Dromund Kaas, I expect. Though, I believe at least you and I will have to call in and apologise to a certain couple today to explain why we're not there for their wedding, Jo'ren," Shaisha spoke with a light and slightly amused tone.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 am

One of Lucinia's eyebrows went up. "Oh, you must mean the Steel Valkyrie's wedding; we'll be in time for the other. How do you know the presumably happy couple?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:40 am

"Known them since childhood. Lord Rath since our time at the Academy," she explained simply.

"My assistant will be there in my place, but I still want to contact them."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:06 am

He nodded. "Yeah, my timing sucks but..." Big shoulders shrugged. Jo'ren gotta do what Jo'ren gotta do.

"Sorry to drag you away. They like you." He vaguely wondered what they were up to, other than running for council and dealing with a plague. "Our paths didn't cross all that much. Serasi's an impressive warrior and Torsin can talk the wings off a mynock."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to Hyperspace