Packed My Bags Last Night [D11 EM]

Hyperspace travel

Packed My Bags Last Night [D11 EM]

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:38 am

One of the advantages of securing passage on a luxury shuttle was that you had a room all to yourself. Fancifully appointed, with bed, ample space, and its own refresher. And, most relevant at the moment, was a large viewport, more than a meter in each direction, capable of both zoom and darkening to total opacity.

Lucinia stood by it, her arms crossed over her chest, her expression pensive. Even for travel, she was impeccably dressed and made up, her pale reflection visible in the viewport. She watched the planet Ziost, a deep blue orb, grow gradually smaller and smaller.

Suddenly, it vanished. Stars turned to blurred lines, a swirl of light and color, as the ship entered hyperspace.

Lucinia sighed. "Well. I don't expect I'll be going back to Ziost any time soon." She said.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: Packed My Bags Last Night [D11 EM]

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:16 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:One of the advantages of securing passage on a luxury shuttle was that you had a room all to yourself. Fancifully appointed, with bed, ample space, and its own refresher. And, most relevant at the moment, was a large viewport, more than a meter in each direction, capable of both zoom and darkening to total opacity.

Lucinia stood by it, her arms crossed over her chest, her expression pensive. Even for travel, she was impeccably dressed and made up, her pale reflection visible in the viewport. She watched the planet Ziost, a deep blue orb, grow gradually smaller and smaller.

Suddenly, it vanished. Stars turned to blurred lines, a swirl of light and color, as the ship entered hyperspace.

Lucinia sighed. "Well. I don't expect I'll be going back to Ziost any time soon." She said.

Jan looks up from unpacking her bantha figurine collection, for once the Czerka rep has forgone her usual attire for long flaring pants and a short sleeved shirt. It appears that when you are rich enough you can now dress as though you have no money

"But it's got....it's got...an artificial beach? And...snow?"
Jan shrugs happily
"I won't be missing it for quite some time either. Iloh will be a welcome change, do you know most of the locals there learn to swim before they can walk? Such impractical practicality sounds wonderful to me. Oh, and they have green hair, so I will be dyeing mine, aggressively."

She lays out the last figurine before rising to stand beside the sith as they peer out at hyperspace
"Crime is low though, really low, boringly low. Evidently they're all swimming instead of mugging."
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:39 am

"Indeed." Lucinia's lips quirked. "I never thought I'd miss sand. And yet..."

She glanced back over her shoulder, watching Jan with a hint of a smile on her red lips. "Iloh. Hmmm. I've heard the name before, of course, but I've never been." A short pause, and the lips curled up further. "I think I will enjoy the change. And your green hair, too. Does this mean I should try red?" One hand came up to touch one of her pale blonde locks.

The smile softened as Jan came to join her; Lucinia looked back out the viewport. "If there's such low crime..." Her lips quirked, "-perhaps we'll just need to run a new mission. Just Beachy Two?"
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:52 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:"Indeed." Lucinia's lips quirked. "I never thought I'd miss sand. And yet..."

She glanced back over her shoulder, watching Jan with a hint of a smile on her red lips. "Iloh. Hmmm. I've heard the name before, of course, but I've never been." A short pause, and the lips curled up further. "I think I will enjoy the change. And your green hair, too. Does this mean I should try red?" One hand came up to touch one of her pale blonde locks.

The smile softened as Jan came to join her; Lucinia looked back out the viewport. "If there's such low crime..." Her lips quirked, "-perhaps we'll just need to run a new mission. Just Beachy Two?"

"I can see it now 'red-headed noblewoman wrecks havoc on innocent beach society, heroic Czerka rep in pursuit'. I think it would make for an excellent idea, we have to make our mark someway, don't we?"
She meets Lucinia's smile with a smirk

"And of course we'll have to participate in the high society, I'm told the submersible party culture is quite good."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:11 am

"In pursuit?" Lucinia's hand went to her lips, her eyes widening in obviously false surprise. "Would you pursue me, my dear?" Her green eyes glinted.

"Mmmm..." Lucinia regarded Jan, smiling. "That sounds... pleasant. Tell me more. What sorts of things will we do?" This was something of an impulsive trip for her; not at all like her usual.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:25 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:"In pursuit?" Lucinia's hand went to her lips, her eyes widening in obviously false surprise. "Would you pursue me, my dear?" Her green eyes glinted.

"Mmmm..." Lucinia regarded Jan, smiling. "That sounds... pleasant. Tell me more. What sorts of things will we do?" This was something of an impulsive trip for her; not at all like her usual.

"Pursue, catch, dramatically lose again, we have to ensure there's an appropriately good story for the gossip."
Maybe we can write a series about it afterwards....hmmm

"Well initially I've scheduled us with lounging, partying and then some light hedonism. Then there are the tourist options, I know you're a scholar so...I may have organised some private viewings of the various museums."
Jan resolved to bring a book or something.

"And we should each try and pick up at least one hobby."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:43 am

"Mmm." Lucinia's lips curled up. "That all sounds quite pleasant." Her eyes seemed especially to light at the mention of the private tours, as much for the fact that Jan had gone through the effort of arranging them as for the tours themselves. "And beaches too, I hope? I did buy some new swimsuits..."

She sighed, looking out the viewport again. "I didn't expect much change coming to Ziost. I expected it would be the same as my life on Korriban, only cold. Instead..." Lucinia shrugged one shoulder. "Well, it's been an eventful week, hasn't it?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:"Mmm." Lucinia's lips curled up. "That all sounds quite pleasant." Her eyes seemed especially to light at the mention of the private tours, as much for the fact that Jan had gone through the effort of arranging them as for the tours themselves. "And beaches too, I hope? I did buy some new swimsuits..."

She sighed, looking out the viewport again. "I didn't expect much change coming to Ziost. I expected it would be the same as my life on Korriban, only cold. Instead..." Lucinia shrugged one shoulder. "Well, it's been an eventful week, hasn't it?"

Jan wiggles her eyebrows and points to a holo-mag she procured of "100 beaches to see before you die"

"Eventful is definitely one way of describing it, even by Imperial standards think were....eventful. I'm not even sure where I'd begin, even the business side of things was exciting."

Pause

"Oh and I got hit by lightning, a lot of lightning, that was pretty exciting too."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:08 am

Flashing Jan a quick grin, Lucinia took the pamphlet, beginning to idly browse through it. Equally idly, she walked away from the viewport, seating herself on the edge of the bed, one leg crossed over the other.

"Yes... exciting." Lucinia's smile was a little wan. "The death of the Emperor... that's one of those events that only happens once in a lifetime. Or a handful of lifetimes. I suspect we have only begun to see the effects."

Lucinia's smile softened. "Yes. I wanted to ask more about the lighting, but it didn't seem..." She half-shrugged again. "What happened?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:14 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Flashing Jan a quick grin, Lucinia took the pamphlet, beginning to idly browse through it. Equally idly, she walked away from the viewport, seating herself on the edge of the bed, one leg crossed over the other.

"Yes... exciting." Lucinia's smile was a little wan. "The death of the Emperor... that's one of those events that only happens once in a lifetime. Or a handful of lifetimes. I suspect we have only begun to see the effects."

Lucinia's smile softened. "Yes. I wanted to ask more about the lighting, but it didn't seem..." She half-shrugged again. "What happened?"

"Yes...I suppose it could have been worth...probably better too, and so much of it covered up too."

She paces idly as Lucinia reads

"The lightning oh I....umm, it's a long story. I was nearby when it all started happening and I...or someone who looks like me shot someone possessed by the emperor and he sort of...blew me up? Nearly got that tan you wanted."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 am

Lucinia's smile flashed. "Someone who looked like you, right." Amusement was obvious in her tone. With enough study, she was finally starting to figure Jan out. Somewhat.

Still... lighting. Lucinia winced sympathetically. "Was it your first time, with Force lighting? It's not pleasant, is it?" Slowly, she smiled again. "You know, it's almost an honor to be struck with the Emperor's lighting. From a certain point of view." She was probably joking.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:39 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia's smile flashed. "Someone who looked like you, right." Amusement was obvious in her tone. With enough study, she was finally starting to figure Jan out. Somewhat.

Still... lighting. Lucinia winced sympathetically. "Was it your first time, with Force lighting? It's not pleasant, is it?" Slowly, she smiled again. "You know, it's almost an honor to be struck with the Emperor's lighting. From a certain point of view." She was probably joking.

"Yes...probably just borrowing my own ineffable style."
She unconsciously rubs her left elbow

"It was quite something, one of the worst hits I've taken....quite a trip though, the whole tower collapsed...the...tower the other person was perched on. Second time getting lightninged though."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:49 am

"I see." Lucinia blinked. "I didn't quite realize." Her lips quirked. "I'm almost worried to ask about the first time."

Watching Jan with a concerned frown, Lucinia held out her hand, obvious invitation to take it.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:06 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:"I see." Lucinia blinked. "I didn't quite realize." Her lips quirked. "I'm almost worried to ask about the first time."

Watching Jan with a concerned frown, Lucinia held out her hand, obvious invitation to take it.

Jan is of course not going to take the hand...it just...ends up there. It might have even given a squeeze

"Oh you know....sith.....non-sith, when something goes wrong someone is getting choked or hit with lightning, or both."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:28 am

Lucinia was more than happy to give Jan's hand a squeeze in return, no matter how it ended up there. Hers is, as usual, a bit on the cold side.

"Yes." Lucinia sighed. "The Dark Side is a harsh master. So many Sith are as cruel to others as it is to us. But the power it brings..." She sighed again. "Well, as long as it doesn't drive one to madness."

She gave Jan a sidelong glance. "But you shouldn't fear such from me, you know." Lucinia's voice had the slightest tinge of uncertainty.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia was more than happy to give Jan's hand a squeeze in return, no matter how it ended up there. Hers is, as usual, a bit on the cold side.

"Yes." Lucinia sighed. "The Dark Side is a harsh master. So many Sith are as cruel to others as it is to us. But the power it brings..." She sighed again. "Well, as long as it doesn't drive one to madness."

She gave Jan a sidelong glance. "But you shouldn't fear such from me, you know." Lucinia's voice had the slightest tinge of uncertainty.

"From you?"
An eyebrow is raised and then waggled

"My dear if you were into capricious lightning I would hardly have booked the luxury cruise....we'd probably be third class or something."

A fate worse than death

"I have a healthy respect for your...very useful abilities to move things with your mind, but you needn't think I'm walking on eggshells."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 am

Lucinia let out the slightest of sighs. "Oh. Good." Another squeeze on the hand. "It is a problem for many Sith. Not everyone recognizes that you can't give up control for power. If you do, the power isn't really yours."

She shook her head, blonde hair swirling about, casting away the dark thoughts. "But enough about that." Lucinia turned to Jan with a smile. "Have you ever been to Corellia, my dear?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia let out the slightest of sighs. "Oh. Good." Another squeeze on the hand. "It is a problem for many Sith. Not everyone recognizes that you can't give up control for power. If you do, the power isn't really yours."

She shook her head, blonde hair swirling about, casting away the dark thoughts. "But enough about that." Lucinia turned to Jan with a smile. "Have you ever been to Corellia, my dear?"

She cocks her head at the question and deploys a counter hand squeeze

"Corellia? I've always wanted to visit, the fastest ships, some of the fastest guns.....big corporations, it has much to recommend it."
Looking over at the Sith

"....You're not just asking out of idle curiosity I take it?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:53 am

Smirking, Lucinia shook her head. "Indeed not. Since the embassy was established on Corellia, I've wanted to learn more. I even imported some of their tea."

The smirk grew. "And then there's this." She passed Jan the pamphlet. It was set to 'Gold Beaches of Corellia'.

She sighed. "I'm not sure if Sith are allowed outside of the embassy though. Visiting there may take some time and effort."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Jan Melmoar on Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Smirking, Lucinia shook her head. "Indeed not. Since the embassy was established on Corellia, I've wanted to learn more. I even imported some of their tea."

The smirk grew. "And then there's this." She passed Jan the pamphlet. It was set to 'Gold Beaches of Corellia'.

She sighed. "I'm not sure if Sith are allowed outside of the embassy though. Visiting there may take some time and effort."

"Hmm, what's thi-"
Jan's eyes widen and her mouth drops open.

Arguably the greatest beaches in the universe, just...sitting there. So sandy! So warm! Sandy warm and gold?!?!

"...So you're saying it would be our most daring operation yet? A high stakes all or nothing beach infiltration?"
Jan Melmoar

Next

Return to Hyperspace