Face Your Fears (D1LM)

Central arcology structure and capital building in New Adasta

Re: Face Your Fears (D1LM)

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 pm

The appearance of the young man was not especially a surprise; Lucinia had considered that it might be what Zash was referring to. What immediately followed was a bit of a surprise, even with the volatility of the Sith in mind. Lucinia frowned, a thoughtful expression, as dark lightning tore through the young man.

"Thank you." Lucinia said. Well, the polite thing to do would be to take some food. And perhaps it would make up for her earlier show of weakness. She took a small sample of the meal for herself, moving with plate and wine to join Zash at the table.

Sitting, she gave Zash a curious look. "Just how disappointing was he?" There was probably a lesson for her in this; clearly she would do well not to disappoint Zash.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:44 pm

“He was adequate if you only care to look the part, but I have long since stopped faking intimacy and I am sure he was getting by on looking handsome in a uniform. His form was rote, uninspired, and selfish,” she said calmly as she ate. The food was well prepared and flavorful.

“It’s more the smugness that bothered me, that unearned self assurance that he was the gift I needed. The gift anyone needed and a certain feeling that we should be thankful for his attentions, very old school… and now very dead.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:56 pm

"Hmmm." Lucinia's red lips curled up. "A smugness that can only come from true ignorance. Imagine making it to Captain in our Imperial service, and not realizing that there is nothing that we need from him? Besides loyalty, perhaps."

She took a careful bite of her food, popping the morsel in-between her lips. "Perhaps if he had survived, he would have learned the lesson well." Lucinia's tone was entirely unconcerned; it was certainly not Zash's job to educate the ignorant.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:57 pm

“So what is your plan?” Zash asked as she ate.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Another careful bite. "I do not know if any of it has reached your eyes, but I've distinguished myself in the field of Sith archaeology. The exploration of tombs, and the retrievals of ancient works, or relics. Korriban is..." she pursed her lips a moment, "-I would not say exhausted, but rather that I sought a change of scenery."

She stirred the food on her plate a moment. It really was quite good, even if she wasn't that hungry. "I have hopes of performing the same sort of research on Ziost."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:04 pm

“Unearth something that will draw the gaze of Darth Arya towards you,” she said following the thought.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:12 pm

Lucinia spread one hand, palm up, a noncommittal gesture. "An action can lead to more than one positive outcome. I prefer it when they do, in fact."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:12 am

Zash admired that sentiment and said, “Very true, very true.”

“I suppose I need to get ready for the day, you are welcome to stay but I need to sort out if I am going to that Salon or not.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:04 am

Lucinia sighed. "I've been making the same consideration myself. I don't especially enjoy that sort of thing, but as you said, there is more than one sort of power."

She pursed her lips. "If you do have things to take care of, I shan't intrude on your hospitality longer than I must. I do hope that we might talk further sometime. After all, I have an interest in Sith relics, and you are a leading expert on them."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:26 am

"Tomorrow then, we can look at a few things," she said in reply.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 am

Lucinia smiled. "Very well, then. I shall look forward to it." Tossing her head back, she drank the rest of the wine. "And thank you for your hospitality."

Hesitating a moment, she waved towards the smoking corpse. "Would you like me to call someone about that? My cleaners are very good."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:53 pm

“No need, I always need fresh material for my research,” she said.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 pm

"I see." Lucinia's eyebrows went up. "How fascinating. And so he serves another purpose."

She inclined her head. "Until next time, then, Darth Zash."
Lucinia Malveaux

Previous

Return to People's Tower