Where to Begin (EE, D0)

Central arcology structure and capital building in New Adasta

Where to Begin (EE, D0)

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Xal was alone on the turbolift as it ascended through the tower levels. He rarely had reason to venture higher than his floor and he had little interest in most of what could be found in the upper levels. There were at least a few things he was curious about, however, especially now.

Finally at his destination, he indicated his presence and waited.
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal
Suspicion: Trusted

Carries: Lab Coat, Datapad, Hand Scanner, Commlink, Lightsaber, Data Goggles
Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Re: Where to Begin (EE, D0)

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Lord_scourge.png
Lord_scourge.png (61.99 KiB) Viewed 6819 times

A large Sith walks nearly through the man expecting him to step aside and not deterring from his path leaving the lavish doors of the apartment. A droid waits to take Xal inside when he is ready.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 pm

He watched the man walk on, studying him for a moment, before nodding to the droid.

"Take me to her."
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:19 pm

The droid showed her through a large living area towards a large balcony with a long pool of crystal clear water and within was Zash swimming a lap as she came to the far end she sipped under the clear waters and made her way back towards Xal and then emerged resting on the edge and said, “Xal… I hope I have not kept you waiting.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 pm

"Not at all." he shook his head. "I am available to you as you wish. I apologize, if I've interrupted anything. "

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:33 pm

“Not at all, you like swimming?” she asked looking up at him.

“It’s useful exercise, but it also helps me think when I am working through a problem. Not that it has been all that helpful lately,” she said with a sigh as the droid brought her a robe.

She emerged from the water fully donning the dark robe over her crimson monokini. She said, “Thankfully it might be a problem you can aid me with.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:54 pm

"I don't swim often." he shook his head. "But, I can certainly appreciate any method of stimulating solutions to difficult problems."

"I will provide whatever assistance I can." he added. "Is this regarding the items you've acquired?"

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:01 pm

“In a way,” she responded.

She placed a damp hand on his chest and said sweetly, “I know that you are the only person I can rely on for this matter Xal, and I am thankful for it. I have something that I believe will aid my research but it will require your keen mind to decipher.”

“If we work together,” she said sweetly, “We could achieve a feat that only the Sith Emperor has been able to achieve. True Immortality.”

Her hand lingered for a moment and then she moved past him as a droid brought out glasses of wine. She took one and added, “Immortality, my dearest Xal.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:10 pm

He took the other glass. "You definitely have my interest. When do we start?"

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:42 pm

“I will collect my notes and materials and organize them for you, once you have them we can meet in your lab and begin the work at your schedule,” she said taking a seat at a table near the pool on the balcony.

“My facilities on Korriban are extensive but here, not so much. Thankfully I believe your lab should be more than sufficient for our needs.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:49 pm

He nodded. "My research is fairly diverse, so the lab is equipped for most needs. I have a few other projects lined up, but they can easily be set aside. I do not have a pool, I'm afraid."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 pm

“What are you working on currently, dear Xal?” she asked.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 pm

"Just my usual alchemical tinkering, at the moment. Attempting to improve the vigor formula or the protection charm." he sighed. "But, I was contacted about some Massassi experiments. Nothing that compares to your proposal. You always bring me the most interesting work."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Zash listened with interest and then said, “Do keep me informed of your work with the Massassi, I have a soft spot for the creatures and their Queen.”

“Dear Xal I bring you interesting work because you do good work, my research is demanding but with your skill and valued intellect I find it freeing and easy to accomplish what many Sith would consider impossible. You are a vital member of my inner circle,” she said emphasizing her words with a comforting hand to his cheek.

“I was barely holding it all together before you came along, I am forever grateful for your support.”

She lowered her hand and added, “Together we will succeed.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 pm

"Your influence and guidance has allowed me to expand my studies without being mired deeply in political and social machinations." he offered a smile. "For that, you will always have my support."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:44 pm

Zash was visibly relieved by his words, “It occurs to me that I have not illuminated you on the vagaries of my last expedition… or at least my findings.”

“I have to warn you, what I have learned could be dangerous, dear Xal.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:58 pm

"I am still curious." he said after a quiet moment. "I have heard a few things about your travels, but mostly trivial gossip. I would like to learn more. Anything that you are willing to tell me."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 am

“I was deep within Republic space, undercover mind you, and I found a site that was once used by the Emperor for his own experiments. It was strong in the dark side but more importantly not all of his notes and results had been purged and I was able to piece together what he had accomplished and more importantly… how,” she said before finishing her wine and gesturing for more from the droid.

“It had glimmers of the secret of immortality and power but the sacrifices to get there and the future implications haunt me. He sacrificed a whole world… every living thing to gain such power… a sacrifice I might even make but he wants more… he wants to sacrifice the entire galaxy.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xal Kimlya on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:50 am

"For more power?" He set his empty glass down, shaking his head in disbelief. "I understand that such things should have a cost, but that is extremely expensive. I do not believe I could go that far."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:17 am

“I would like to think I would not pay it either,” she agreed.

“I believe we can achieve immortality without such a cost, but it will not be easy.”
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to People's Tower