[D7 EE] Serious Business

Central arcology structure and capital building in New Adasta

Re: [D7 EE] Serious Business

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:00 am

Frowning, Tyr took the arkanian firmly by shoulders, fixing his glittering golden eyes on Xal. "Stay home tomorrow. Just... do your work, in your lab, just," his voice was serious and insistent, "just stay there tomorrow."
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 am

"Where will you be?" He asked with a more serious tone.
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal
Suspicion: Trusted

Carries: Lab Coat, Datapad, Hand Scanner, Commlink, Lightsaber, Data Goggles
Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 am

Tyr blinked slowly, debating how much to tell Xal, his grip tightened on the arkanian’s shoulders, “please, Xal.” Please wasn’t a word that crossed the shistavanen’s lips often, if ever. Maybe his master had played him for a fool, maybe Malgus had paid the Eagle from one hand, and tempered the chaos from the other. Maybe the Darth was playing both ends against the middle. Maybe none of that mattered, if the ends justified the means. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe his chains had been broken, but the yoke of credits would never be lifted.

He kissed Xal fiercely before continuing, “tomorrow will see the rotten heart cut from the Empire. That, or I was wrong.” He trusted Xal knew what the penalty for that was. “Peace is a lie.”
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:31 am

He studied Tyr carefully, then nodded. "I think I understand. This is not so different from the secret project I kept from you. Thank you, for trying to keep me safe."

"I have no interest in seeking conflict, in support of one thing or another." he added. "But, remember what building we are in, where I live. This is the heart."
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:57 am

“You and I are each surgeons in our own ways. No one’s going to be blowing up city blocks if I can help it.” Tyr grip on Xal’s arms was crushing, painful, it would leave bruises. He did not know how to say he might not be coming back, that he fully expected to give up his life for survival of the Empire.

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:07 am

"I understand. I do." he nodded. "But, no one in this tower may be safe. His power. It comes from the people, litterally."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:35 am

Tyr chewed on this for a long moment. "Take the Midnight Howl. Take whatever equipment you want, or need. When it's time, go into low orbit." The words came in an insistent rush.

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:52 am

He gave Tyr a tender smile. "I'll do what I need to to keep myself safe. Please, do the same."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:00 am

"I can't promise you that," he cradled Xal's face in a calloused paw, wrapping his other arm around the arkanian's shoulders. "My life is a small price to pay for the strength of the Empire." Tyr growled in frustration, "promise me, Xal, don't throw away your immortality, just get off Ziost."

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:15 am

"I can't promise you that, either." he shook his head. "But, I may not be in New Adasta. I still have the massassi project to work on."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:25 am

Tyr closed his eyes and exhaled, "close enough." He squeezed the arkanian and kissed him.

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:45 am

He returned the kiss, holding it for as long as possible. Xal's eyes were still showing concern when the kiss ended.

"I understand that you need to do this, but be careful. Whatever the plan is, it could spark something much bigger."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:48 am

"Everything is going to change," that thought seemed to excite him, "or nothing will. If we succeed, the shockwaves will be felt in every corner of the galaxy."

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:29 am

"That may happen, regardless." he said. "I'm not sure things are that stable now."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:34 am

“That’s why it needs to be now, before the whole corrupt thing collapses in on itself, and takes us all with it.” Tyr seemed convinced that Malgus would succeed, even if Tyr died.

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:20 am

"What makes you think it won't collapse regardless?"

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 am

Tyr frowned, releasing the arkanian and taking a half pace back. “Malgus will not allow that to happen.”

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:39 am

"I hope you're right." he sighed. "The problem with a crumbling tower, however, is that anything may bring it all down."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Tyr on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 am

Tyr backed off another pace and crossed his arms, "let it skrakking fall, better than doing nothing."

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:49 am

"I agree." he nodded. "I'm not trying to stop you. I hope you succeed. But, if things don't go as planned, protect yourself, please."

Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

PreviousNext

Return to People's Tower