[Day 8 - MA] Duel of the Fates

Central arcology structure and capital building in New Adasta

[Day 8 - MA] Duel of the Fates

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:02 pm

The Emperor and his retinue approached a prepped shuttle, his thralls bowing their head as he and his retinue of Lord Scourge, six Imperial Guards, and Servant Nine walked calmly. The Witness was probably there too, but who knew if she was with them or not with them…

The walkway was perhaps 5 meters wide and extended nearly a hundred meters to a round platform that housed the waiting shuttle transport.

The Emperor did not seem concerned by the chaos.

OOC: Deadly combat scene open to six players, sidekicks are not cool enough for this party but they can be in the background doing stuff. This is a time for heroes.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 8 - MA] Duel of the Fates

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:09 pm

The Witness was indeed there; mask drawn down over her face and obscuring her eyes. She had her lightsaber out, though it was still unlit. She was walking with the Emperor's retinue, looking calm and unconcerned. At least that was her outward appearance.

In truth, she was wondering whether this was the right place to be.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Of course Jo'ren was there. It was a time for heroes! His trusty double-bladed saber cast flickering red light as he approached. The Armour of the first Wrath and stubborn determination had carried him this far. It was time for death or glory.

(OOC: Sense for Defense)
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Jun-Tsu followed the passage from the court out to the transport platform. The winds around the high tower rippled the witch's robes as she set down Vas-Tsu. The black blade still rested concealed within her sleeve, but she truly didn't believe it mattered or not. She gazed at the emperor and his litany of minions too mindless or spineless to know the kind of monster the man was.

"Zhiz iz zhe end vor uz. May zhe Dark Zide zhow uz zhe vay."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Lord Tenebrous made her way up the stairs her lightsaber out and said, “And here we are… I had such high expectations for you, Jun-Tsu.”
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby The Emperor on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:59 pm

The Emperor continued, “As always, my children continue to disappoint me.”

“It pains me so.”
Dark Lord of the Sith | Dark Side | Short | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
The Emperor

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Remmington manages to make his way around and meets up with the rest of the crew. He offers a nod to Jo'ren and Jun-Tsu. "Well who wants to live forever anyways. Time for the biggest party of all now huh Jo'ren?" He offers a grin at the other two.

"Guess this is no time to be holding back either." He takes out a saber in each of his hands and ignites them. The right one holding his white-red saber and the left holding a pure white one.

He looks over at Lord Tenebrous when she shows up.

/ Will have to roll later in court to see if Rem takes any dmg or strain before this. Can't roll at work.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:22 pm

Jaheem walked calmly down the stairs to the others he was likely outclassed in this fight, he would more than likely die. However he would take someone with him.

The sith Lord stood shoulder to shoulder with the others there to oppose the Emporer. He pulled out two sabers and ignighted them both one beam of dark crimson and another taking on a purplish hue in his offhand.

The time for words was over, he nodded his greeting to his allies and focused his attention on the enemies before them. His eyes glowing ominously as he let the rage, anger, and hatred fuel him.
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Dayana marched forward, through the torrent of filth and decay in the living Force. She sought to use this power, yes. It made her so, so strong.

But this was too much. And to allow such a being to rule over her, however distant he was before, was unacceptable. She steeled herself all the same, reminding herself that she could be hailed as a hero, given more leverage, and so on.

Mostly, though, she just wanted to survive. "Shaisha! Listen to my voice, I know you still remain in there!"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:32 pm

Dayana Valthren wrote:Mostly, though, she just wanted to survive. "Shaisha! Listen to my voice, I know you still remain in there!"

"Of course, and I am here to end these traitors to the throne. Stand with me, protect our true Emperor," she offered.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 pm

"This is not the Empire your friend, Kristal, wanted." Dayana readied herself. "I will do what I must."
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Dayana Valthren wrote:"This is not the Empire your friend, Kristal, wanted." Dayana readied herself. "I will do what I must."

Lord Tenebrous replied, “And she is dead now, for challenging her betters. The same as you will be if you raise a hand against the Emperor.”

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:45 pm

OOC: Feel free to roll Cool for initiative and RP before we get the showdown underway.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:55 pm

As he had thought earlier the time for words was done, talking won't help. Shaisha wasn't herself he knew that much, he would try not to kill her if he could help it. His face set in grim determination, he would do what had to be done.

D8 Duel of the fates initiative: 1eP+1eA 1 success, 1 advantage
ImageImage

-------------------------------
Soak: 6
Wounds 0/18
Strain 0/16
Defense 4/4

Enemies engaging must make a hard fear check
(Will flip destiny for incoming attack)
Last edited by Jaheem Abasi on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:00 pm

This was fast turning into... something all too familiar. Xyll watched a kinetic round from the orbital bombardment absolutely destroy a skyscraper. Fortunately, her own home should be relatively safe on the edges of the city. But that didn't matter right now.

A fury rages across the sky, void lit up as stars die as one. This is our will. This is our moment. The great gambit. Our opportunity. Our destruction... denied. Is it past? Present? A future unwritten? It is my burden to witness it all.

Her lips, not covered by her mask, curled into a smile, as she counted the micro-seconds.

Cool: Initiative: 1eP+1eA 2 successes
ImageImage

Defense: 1
Soak: 4
Wounds: 12/12
Strain: 16/16 (reduced from 17 by obligation)
will spend destiny if anyone with hostile intent against Xyll moves into engaged to activate Pre-emptive Avoidance
Last edited by Xyll Vanth on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:04 pm

Dayana extended her arms to the chaos enveloping the planet, both physical and beyond. "This is what ruling only via fear reaps!" she declared, "Let this be a lesson that you must cultivate your people's respect, admiration, if you wish to truly control them."

---

D8 MA Cool for Initiative: 4eA 2 successes, 4 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

Defense (M/R): 2/2
Soak: 4
Wounds Remaining: 11/12
Strain Remaining: 14/14 (Reduced by 1 for Obligation)

All enemy Force Powers targeting Dayana reduce Force Die generated by 1.

Dayana Valthren

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:19 pm

There was a beauty to the destruction all around them. As further blasts came in to demolish other structures nearby, Jun-Tsu merely took Vas-Tsu's hand and let the discordant harmony of the Dark Side enact its will through her.

Cool (Presence) = 3 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImage
(Rapid Reactions to take 1 strain and add additional success; Total: 4 sucesses)

Defense (M/R): 1/0
Soak: 3
Strain: 9/10
Wounds: 16/16

Anyone attempting to move to engaged with Jun-Tsu must make a Formidable [♦♦♦♦♦] Fear check.
Last edited by Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby The Emperor on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:19 pm

The Emperor chuckled and said, “You dare to lecture me?”

“Witness, bring me her head.”
Dark Lord of the Sith | Dark Side | Short | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
The Emperor

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:48 pm

It was unfortunate that Shaisha had managed to get out of the rubble. Now they were really going to have the odds stacked against them.

As the bombardment began to turn the city to dust it was clearly time for the end game. He looked at Xyll and raised an eyebrow.

-----
Day 8. MA. Showdown. Initiative: 1eA 1 success, 1 advantage

Melee 3 / Ranged 2
Soak 9 (Cortosis)
WT 0/16
ST 0/12
Two upgrades to first two incoming attacks.
(OOC: Flip destiny if attacked)
Last edited by Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:06 am

Xyll turned to them, to the one who'se head ought to be separated from her body by Imperial decree, and all the others on that side of the walkway.

"Do you know who I am?" She took a step forward. "Once, I watched as my master came to rule hundreds of billions in the blink of an eye. I looked on as ten thousand Jedi gathered on Deneba in fear."

Her lightsaber ignited.

"I was there when the spirit of Marka Ragnos declared Exar Kun the new Dark Lord. I walked on this world when all you see now was covered beneath a mile of ice."

She lifted her other hand.

"I feasted upon the great library of Ossus as stars died and light fled from light."

Another step forward, and she started to call upon the force.

"I walked on Korriban when no living soul had seen its sands in centuries. I burned away more worlds than you can even name as our Holy Crusade raged, while *you* just watched and stayed your hand. I was everything, and yes, then I was nothing at all."

"I've witnessed more than one emperor rise and fall."

She turned toward the Emperor, who had presumably seen this sudden but inevitable betrayal coming.

"And I will be there when others do the same. The Jedi took my power, I won't let *you* take what's left."

Free Upgrade Deception to fool the emperor into letting his guard down: 1eP+1eA+5eC+1eD 3 failures, 1 threat, 1 Despair
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Next

Return to People's Tower