Swap Meet [D10LM]

The Galactic Republic Embassy within the Empire

Swap Meet [D10LM]

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:26 pm

After calling ahead, as always, Lucinia made her way to the Republic Embassy. Such as it was. The damage to this particular area was extensive. She assumed that it wasn't this way normally.

Even if it was meeting with the enemy, so to speak, there was no reason for Lucinia not to look her best. And so she did, in her best black dress, and exquisite makeup, of course. Sometimes she did lament the lack of fashion options, but she certainly could pull off this look...

Lucinia waited to meet the Jedi, a small package under her arm in addition to her usual travel bag.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: Swap Meet [D10LM]

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 pm

They directed her to a meeting room that had seen some repairs but it was obvious that they had a long a way to go. Inside the Jedi was applying a patch to one of the walls herself and she paused and said, “Oh my, I apologize I must have lost track of time, I saw something that needed work and then before I knew it. So how can I help you this day, my Lord?”

“Oh my, forgive my rude manners I am Yuon Par, Jedi Master of the Jedi Order of the Republic.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Lucinia smiled faintly. Coldly. For her, normally. "But of course you are. It's polite of you to introduce yourself, but everyone knows who you are. After all, there is only one Jedi on the planet. So far as I am aware, anyway." Lucinia let one eyebrow arch suspiciously; in truth, she was just teasing.

"However, since there's plenty of Sith..." Lucinia's chin tilted up. "I am Lady Lucinia Malveaux, of House Malveaux naturally. And a member of the Sith Order. I do appreciate you meeting with me, and I do hope you didn't suffer too much unpleasantness these last few days."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:53 pm

“I assure you there are no other Jedi besides myself on the planet as per our agreement with your government,” she said seriously with concern.

“We value our relationship with your state, my lord. It is a pleasure to meet you Lucinia Malveaux, and your words of concern are touching, we had many losses on that day and I feel them sharply even now. As a Jedi I am dedicated to preserving life, and every life lost to senseless violence is felt deeply.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 pm

The very serious response to Lucinia's tease got a response from Lucinia in turn.

"Oooohohohoho!" Lucinia laughed, skillfully handling the package she carried to bring one hand to the corner of her lips. "No, of course not. I wouldn't imagine otherwise."

She inclined her head. "Thank you for your kind words." Whatever. Smiling slightly, she held out the package. "As is appropriate for such a meeting, I brought you a gift. A few trifles, really. A bottle of red wine, from Malveaux family orchards. And, if you miss some of the comforts of home, a bit of Correlian tea."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:04 pm

“Oh my, this is far too luxurious for a gift,” she responded kindly.

“Hopefully we are worthy of such a beautiful gift.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:37 am

"Oh, nonsense." Lucinia said, waving a hand dismissively.

She tilted her head, regarding the Jedi with narrowed green eyes. "As it happens, I didn't request this meeting just to exchange pleasantries." From her travel pack, she drew forth the silver and blue holocron, holding it so Yuon could easily see.

"What do you make of this?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:45 am

“Why that is a holocron dearie,” she said warmly.

“Are you familiar with them?” she asked earnestly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 am

Lucinia decided not to restrain herself from rolling her eyes. "Yes, of course I am. The Sith are privy to many secrets."

She took a deep breath. "However, as one might tell from a glance, this is a Jedi holocron. With a Jedi Master inside. So to speak." One eyebrow went up. "Does such a thing catch your interest?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 am

“Well that is interesting, where did you find such an object of knowledge? This seems like an unlikely place for a Jedi holocron to be found,” she said thoughtfully.

“Have you spoken with the Guardian?” Yuon asked.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 pm

"I have." Lucinia said. "Interesting fellow. Limited imagination." She left aside the rest of the questions for the moment.

Lucinia went on. "His name was Rithuda. He was one of those little green fellows that so many of your Jedi masters seem to be." She gave a vague wave with one hand.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Yuon considered the name and said, “Not familiar with that name off the top of my head but it could be very old, Jedi Master Rithuda. Well that is wonderful I am sure he will be a wonderful teacher, never met a Master that did not have anything to share.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 pm

"Aren't you just precious." Lucinia muttered. Shaking her head, she went on.

"I wondered if perhaps you'd be interested in making an exchange of some sort. This holocron for something a Sith would value." She smiled tightly. "That would be the proper Sith way of doing things."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 am

Yuon responded, “I am not sure if we have anything that you would want, wat would you consider of interest?”

“I know the Jedi Order would be interesting in such knowledge, but I am not sure what could be traded for such.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:46 am

Lucinia frowned. "Sith are also interested in knowledge. Perhaps you have something similar? A Sith holocron, or datafiles, tomes..."

She waved a hand. "If not you, perhaps your order? Surely the ambassador to the Sith must have some ability to make deals, no?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 pm

"I can probably think of something, let me look at our archives and speak to the Council to see what would be appropriate," she said honestly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 am

"Very well." Lucinia said agreeably. "You may call upon me at your convenience. Perhaps." She frowned. "Although, I do intend to be doing a bit of travel. Well, a holomessage shall do just as well as anything." She waved a hand in casual unconcern.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:22 pm

"I will definitely will be in touch, just have to speak with the Council on matters of state and diplomacy," she responded.
Dapper Dog

Return to Galactic Republic Embassy