When Will Then Be Now? (Pregame LM)

Primary space port for New Adasta

When Will Then Be Now? (Pregame LM)

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Travel was always a bit of a hassle, but less so when one could arrange passage on a luxury liner. Lucinia had spent most of the trip in her private cabin, with its own private refresher, and so was able to step into the space port looking rather more refreshed than many commercial travelers. Her fine black dress was free of wrinkles, and although she was pale, that was entirely normal. Putting the two together also gave her an impressive personal bubble; Lucinia smiled as a young couple veered away from her.

Lucinia glanced at her chrono. He ship had made good time; her drive would be here shortly, but not yet. Green eyes narrowing, she glanced around, looking for a pleasant place to sit and wait.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: When Will Then Be Now? (Pregame LM)

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Another sith, by happenstance, arrived on a ship at roughly the same time. She wore red robes, laid atop of battle armor, and wore a simple mask over her face. Despite that, her long white hair; and the armor itself; might be identified by those even somewhat familiar with the sight of Darth Arya's young apprentice.

She spoke a few words to another red-robed and young individual, face obscured by a hood, who promptly vanished into the crowd.

Xyll then, moved across the hallway.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Lucinia's gaze swept across the young Sith woman, and then snapped back to her an instant later. Her green eyes narrowed. There was something undoubtedly familiar about the young woman, something she couldn't quite place. Someone familiar arriving at the same time as her could be a coincidence, something to be noted and then ignored... but of course, Lucinia didn't believe in coincidence.

With determined stride, her long legs carrying her quickly across to the young Sith, and her frown keeping other travelers from her path, Lucinia approached. "Excuse me." She addressed her. "I don't mean to intrude, but you look terribly familiar. Have we met before? Lucinia Malveaux." She inclined her head in polite greeting.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:07 pm

The mask stared back... one assumed, since it did not appear to have any eyeholes. Xyll considered where she knew the woman from. Perhaps one of the other apprentices. That seemed likely enough.

She undid the straps of her mask, revealing a predatory smile underneath.

"Xyll Vanth. Lord Nyx to those who care about titles."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:23 pm

One elegant eyebrow went up. "And do you care about titles, Lord Nyx?" Lucinia asked. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the sight of that smile.

Her lips quirked. "But no matter. My question is answered. As it happens, we have both apprenticed to Lord Arya. I suppose, in a way, that makes us sisters." Her tone was a bit doubtful; Lucinia frowned.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:26 pm

"Titles are of no importance to me," she said, smile softening into one more... commonly arrogant rather than deranged.

"Yes, sisters. Though she is more a grandmother than a mother, surely."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 am

Lucinia smiled at that, although it was a cold smile. "Perhaps. Although you are younger than I. Perhaps to you I am more of a young aunt."

A moment passed, Lucinia regarding Xyll with narrowed eyes. "Come." She said suddenly. "Let us sit and have some refreshment. It has been a long journey, but I am in no particular rush to reach its end." Raising one arm, she gestured towards a nearby high-class lounge.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:01 am

Xyll had thought to move on, straight past the spaceport and onto another destination. But as Lucinia, there was no rush for Xyll. And she thought it rather indicative of the days to come, that she should meet another of Arya's apprentices so soon. Acclimatizing would not be inappropriate.

"Very well," she said, following along. "If you insist."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 am

Lucinia's chin tilted upwards, her green eyes glinting with something like amusement. "In that case, I do insist." She said. Tucking her light travel bag under one arm, she led the way.

The pair was seated instantly in a booth; the waitstaff knew better than to let Sith grow impatient. Electronics on the table lit, displaying drink menus. Lucinia studied hers without interest.

"Where is it you were travelling from? I've just arrived from Dromund Kaas, myself. It's not quite my first time on Ziost, but..." She gave a half-shrug, "-quite nearly."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:28 am

"Somewhere of no great importance," she said as she took her seat. "And it is not... quite my first time on Ziost either, I suppose."

She too studied the menu in the manner one might inspect one's obviously pristine fingernail.

"Has our master summoned you? Or are you here for the same games I imagine so many others will be?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am

Lucinia studied Xyll a moment, considering those answers before she gave her own. "Neither." She said, nostrils flaring just the tiniest bit. "My interest in the council seat is entirely academic. The games surrounding it are of some interest, but hardly worth the trip. And Darth Arya..." Her lips thinned a moment, "-did not summon me, no."

Idly, she scrolled through the list of drinks. "In fact, I came here to continue my studies. Each world in our Empire has its grand mysteries, and while one might spend many years in a single place, I feel the occasional change of venue is a boon."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:40 pm

"I suppose we share commonalities then," she answered. "These empty council seats are a distraction. And what of your studies? What mysteries do you seek to solve here?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:43 pm

"Hmmm." That brought a hint of a smile to Lucinia's red lips. "A distraction indeed."

She frowned thoughtfully, considering her words. "Mysteries of the Force." She said. "There is wisdom that has been lost to the ages. Ancient Sith who had their secrets buried with them, no doubt thinking that they would someday rise and make use of them." She smiled coldly. "Most of them are wrong, of course."

Another lazy shrug, one shoulder rising and falling. "Such is the work I have done on Korriban. I hope to continue it here."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 am

"Are some not?" She said, amused at her words. "You did work on Korriban then? Dreadful place. The sand gets everywhere. Fortunately my presence at the academy was short."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:29 am

With a hint of a smile, Lucinia shook her head, her blonde hair swirling about her shoulders. "A few manage to maintain some level of consciousness after death. Some even maintain a corporeal form. But they're most certainly the exception, not the rule."

A grimace. "Indeed, it does get everywhere. It certainly complicates archaeological expeditions. I expect snow will be easier to deal with." She frowned, considering the young woman's words. "Short? How do you mean, short?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:15 pm

"There are a few I would like to meet, if they'd maintained such a presence," she said.

She looked around for a moment, while the rest of the words came, followed by a question.

"I meant I was quick to graduate from the academy. The less time spent a mere student, the better. Far more agreeable to have a proper use for one's time, would you not agree? Such as archeology. I can not say that I am especially skilled there, though I have my moments. You know, I've been here before, on similar business. But I did not find much then. Would you perhaps have a specific lead you are pursuing?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:56 pm

"Would you?" Lucinia's lips curled up into a curious smile. "I must warn you, such spirits are often somewhat... imbalanced. More than I suspect they were in life." She half-shrugged. "Not that this means they aren't worth conversing with. Just that it is an extra challenge to overcome."

Lucinia's red lips twisted strangely. "Ah. Arya does love her prodigies." A moment of silence before she went on. "And no, I am not following any leads. Yet. My first task shall be to get the lay of the land, as the saying goes. From there..." She made a vague gesture with one hand, "-we shall see."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 pm

She smiled, brightly.

"Oh, I am aware," she said, with the talk of imbalanced spirits. "You wouldn't happen to know of any of note, would you? Ah but perhaps not. Certainly not if you do not have any leads. Still, do think of me if you find any. Spirits *or* leads, that is."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:15 pm

"Here? No, certainly not. And back on Korriban, they are either well-known and sealed off, or have entirely decoporealized by now."

Lucinia frowned delicately. "Why such interest? Is it your area of study?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:17 pm

"I study dark side lore, yes. That of the past especially, for much power of the past remains hidden, ready to be taken into the present. What better way to uncover such lore than to ask those who wielded it for themselves?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Next

Return to New Adasta Space Port