[Day 1 - LA] Imperial Arrival

Primary space port for New Adasta

Re: [Day 1 - LA] Imperial Arrival

Postby Lord Bellious on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Lord Bellious was there for the Emperor's coming, observing from somewhere further than first rows. Knowing what she had learnt recently, she could keep her posture in the Force intact even as fear within her was being remoulded into resolve. But the force she had tapped into was not familiar, a vergence of unknown origin.

LA. Discipline. Force. 2 Setback.: 2eA+2eF+3eD+2eS 2 failures, 2 threat, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[Using one Night of Terrors, to generate additional Pip, using 3 Pips to turn it into a Success, with 2 Threat]
Last edited by Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 pm

One did not lie to such a being. Not unless one was supremely confident in one's ability to do so. And she was not.

"No," she said, providing the truth with as neutral a tone as she could.

"But there is respect, and awe. I have adopted this empire as my own for but a short time now. So I can not make claims of love, like I have loved others with titles and ambitions, or like those raised with stories of you. No, not that long ago, I might even have laid claim to hate, instead. But the reasons I had for that were misguided, and now entirely discarded; because you are the eternal emperor, and this empire has stood for a long time now. And I see now that you were wiser than those made themselves known to the galaxy before you. Others who once ascended to greatness, but fell forever before they could secure it. Betrayed by their own ambitions."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:10 pm

Of course, Rumun would not miss such an oportunity to watch the Emperor's arrival. He was a bit behind, observing how the entire entourage. He was rather small...

Yet his shadow and power was vivid and solid. Fear began to sap Rumun's strength, but he searched inside of him, for the darkside, channeling his fears into useful emotion to keep himself without running away.

[OOC-Rolls]

[D1 - LA] Observing the Emperor; Discipline/Willpower; FR 2; Hard dif: 2eP+1eA+2eF+3eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 threat, 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Using Darkside to gain successes and eliminate threat.
Sith| Duros | Darth Hoshi's Apprentice | Former Slave | Silver Tongued | Da Blue One

Equipment: Large crossguarded-lightsaber, Customized Clothes, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...

"Only the force can free us from the chains that bind us"
I'm blue da ba dee dabba da ♪...
Rumun Gol

Postby Raela Ausar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm

Raela appeared just in time for the arrival, having gotten slightly turned around at an odd corner, and just in time to get hit with the emotional wave that rolled over the crowd from the Emperor. It hit her like a blast of heat, but she powered through it, resisting, moving to better observe the interaction between the pale girl and the powerful being. Curiosity was always her weakness.

Discipline + Force to RESIST: 2eP+1eA+2eF+3eD+2eS 4 threat, 2 Dark Side

Using one Dark Side pip for Success, and one to cancel threat.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Sith Pureblood | Imperial Noble | Alchemist | Lore-collector | Apprentice of Zash | No Sense of Direction

On Person: Long-range comlink, datapad, lightsaber

"Wait, hold on... Let me check my map."
Raela Ausar

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 pm

The Dark Side made manifest before her. Dayana's sight was not one of blinking or shutting her eyes. She had to shut herself off entirely. Even while doing so, the being's aura before her was overwhelming.

Such corruption, perversion. It made her question the essence of life itself. What is the point of existence, my existence, before such a creature?

She felt her foot tremble and resolved to banish her fear. If I cannot withstand such power, then I will have to embrace it. She opened her palms, embracing the terrifying presence. Corruption, yes, but it makes me feel whole and in control.

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:The Emperor's power, the aura of fear he created, was a tangible thing. Lucinia could feel it swell up around her, threatening to choke her, drown her. Fear tugged at her mind, assaulting her senses, the shadows around her seeming to deepen.

Lucinia loved it.

Her red lips peeled back in a grin, her breath hissing through her teeth. Yes, this was real power. She watched carefully, still grinning, doing her best to drink in the dark sensations.

"Pleasure seeing you again so soon," Dayana said with a pleasant, yet level, tone of voice. A slight smile spread on her lips. "This auspicious event may grant us a continuation of our last discussion."

---

D1 LA Presence of the Emperor: 2eP+2eA+2eF+3eD+2eS 1 advantage, 2 Dark Side
Convert Dark Side pips to success.
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:15 am

The Force drew out in every direction, the dark powers reaching out in every direction, like a hungry animal. She watched, with a placid facade, as the throng clawed and wept and rent their garb in hysterical, even maniacal adoration of the Dark Emperor's presence. But far from the heady, flooding feeling that swept through the crowd, Jun-Tsu on her promontory, looked down in almost numb disinterest.

She clutched Vas-Tsu closer. The others might be overwhelmed by such emanations, being so close, for the first time with the power of the Dark Side, but Jun-Tsu had carried that power within her for nine months. She had tasted power beyond this paltry emission. So, she turned her gaze from the Emperor and to the Sith that her daughter stared at, "Vhat iz it mein dahrling?"

Force + Discipline = 3eP+3eF+2eD+2eS = 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side

(Hard to Average Difficulty from Confidence; 2 Successes from 2 Dark Side)
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby The Emperor on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:28 am

Xyll Vanth wrote:One did not lie to such a being. Not unless one was supremely confident in one's ability to do so. And she was not.

"No," she said, providing the truth with as neutral a tone as she could.

"But there is respect, and awe. I have adopted this empire as my own for but a short time now. So I can not make claims of love, like I have loved others with titles and ambitions, or like those raised with stories of you. No, not that long ago, I might even have laid claim to hate, instead. But the reasons I had for that were misguided, and now entirely discarded; because you are the eternal emperor, and this empire has stood for a long time now. And I see now that you were wiser than those made themselves known to the galaxy before you. Others who once ascended to greatness, but fell forever before they could secure it. Betrayed by their own ambitions."

“Honesty, rare in my presence,” he said with a cryptic smile under the hood.

“This Empire will eclipse all that have come before it.”
Dark Lord of the Sith | Dark Side | Short | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
The Emperor

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:35 am

Her thoughts went to that conversation with her master. Of where this empire might be heading. But it was not Xyll's place to speak of it. Certainly not here, now.

"I wish dearly to witness such a thing," she said in reply, "I am sure that your return will prove quite the incentive for the Sith to make it so."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby The Emperor on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:42 am

“Then it shall be so, I name you the Emperor’s Witness, and it shall be your hand that records the events that transpire I my court,” he said to the woman.

Played by Dapper Dog
The Emperor

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:44 am

"Truly an honor," she said, inclining her head. "It will be done."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby The Emperor on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:46 am

"I hope your penmanship is immaculate, I expect detailed notes," he replied.

"Now leave me, Witness."

Played by Dapper Dog
The Emperor

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:49 am

She gave him a final light bow, smile on her features as she did, before stepping back; allowing her form to fall back into the crowd so that the procession might continue without pause.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:51 am

Jun-Tsu Farro wrote:So, she turned her gaze from the Emperor and to the Sith that her daughter stared at, "Vhat iz it mein dahrling?"

Her daughter said softly, “I zhe her and I zhe the one that guides her…. The other piece…”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:52 am

Ilar trailed his Master again, having arrived slightly late after being held up over mundane paperwork.

"He is...magnificent yes, Master?" Ilar asked as he observed the Emperor walking through the crowd,

[Day 1 - LA] Imperial Arrival, Emperor Effect (right pool): 1eA+3eP+2eF+3eD+2eS 4 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph, 3 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

((Triumph to maybe get a glimpse of 'the man behind the curtain'))
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:08 am

Ilar'Shala wrote:Ilar trailed his Master again, having arrived slightly late after being held up over mundane paperwork.

"He is...magnificent yes, Master?" Ilar asked as he observed the Emperor walking through the crowd,

[Day 1 - LA] Imperial Arrival, Emperor Effect (right pool): 1eA+3eP+2eF+3eD+2eS 4 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph, 3 Light Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

((Triumph to maybe get a glimpse of 'the man behind the curtain'))

For a moment he can see less of a man and a void that seems to draw in all light… but more importantly all life… the people so deeply affected look paler to him for a moment, diminished and they look to have strings reaching back to the Emperor, crimson strings like a puppet.

But for a moment he feels an overwhelming hunger, beyond anything he has known… and there was nothing that could it… a deep bottomless well of hunger.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:12 am

Shaisha watched the exchange with a curious interest, just as much as she was also looking at the various people gathered. At least there didn't seem to be any unseemly reactions to the Emperor's presence... though it would've been amusing if someone gave in to fear here, of all places.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Ilar'Shala on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:16 am

Dapper Dog wrote:For a moment he can see less of a man and a void that seems to draw in all light… but more importantly all life… the people so deeply affected look paler to him for a moment, diminished and they look to have strings reaching back to the Emperor, crimson strings like a puppet.

But for a moment he feels an overwhelming hunger, beyond anything he has known… and there was nothing that could it… a deep bottomless well of hunger.

In a conscious, but futile, effort, Ilar takes half a step to put himself directly between Raela and the Emperor, trying to block the path of her thread.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Raela Ausar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:54 am

Interesting... She touched the back of Ilar's arm subtly. They'd have to discuss it later.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Sith Pureblood | Imperial Noble | Alchemist | Lore-collector | Apprentice of Zash | No Sense of Direction

On Person: Long-range comlink, datapad, lightsaber

"Wait, hold on... Let me check my map."
Raela Ausar

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:20 am

Dayana Valthren wrote:"Pleasure seeing you again so soon," Dayana said with a pleasant, yet level, tone of voice. A slight smile spread on her lips. "This auspicious event may grant us a continuation of our last discussion."

---

It took a moment for Lucinia to realize that she was being addressed. She turned to Dayana, a blank look on her aristocratic features. She could scarcely hear, the sound of pumping blood filling her ears.

Finally, Lucinia spoke. "Dayana. So good to see you again." Her voice was faint, just audible over the crowd. Another brief pause, and she smiled. "Indeed. I can see how one leads into the other."

Moving with an easy grace she drew a dark red handkerchief from the small bag she carried. She dabbed briefly at her nose, a few spots of blood visible on the handkerchief as she tucked it away again.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Xal Kimlya on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:52 am

Xal continued to watch the masses, as he took out his comlink.

"What did you observe GR8-1? Was it felt in the promenade?"
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal

Carries: Lab Coat, Datapad, Hand Scanner, Commlink, Lightsaber, Data Goggles
Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

PreviousNext

Return to New Adasta Space Port