Lord Math, I presume? Rath! I meant Rath. [D1, ME]

Primary space port for New Adasta

Re: Lord Math, I presume? Rath! I meant Rath. [D1, ME]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:45 am

"Indeed?" She went back to walking, following along as she listened to his words. She mulled them over carefully. The meaning contained within.

"There's a certain irony there," she said after a few moments, "but if it was truly him, then I can see how it'd make sense for him to say such a thing. And since then? Have you not sought to study him further? To follow in his footsteps?"
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:02 am

He laughed.

"I've spent a long time chasing his literal footsteps on Yavin IV, believe me. Yes, I've studied him though probably not in the detail a scholar like you has."

A serious look crossed his face. "I'm following his example, but taking my own road. For all his power, Exar Kun was defeated."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 am

"Hmm, yes, indeed he was. Though why do you think that was?"

From her tone, it was clear she wasn't asking because she didn't know, but because she wanted to know what *he* thought.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 am

"Betrayal. Hubris. Missing a crucial detail." He spread his hands. "I mean, from a certain point of view he succeeded. If you believe that his spirit walks Yavin IV."

Another shrug.

"Having seen his spirit I think he cheated death. It just didn't turn out how he expected."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm

She leaned in, curiosity rising.

"In what way?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 pm

"By all accounts Exar Kun died performing a powerful ritual. But I've seen his spirit. He's still out there. Part of him at least." Rath glanced at her as they walked.

"I think maybe he had planned for that ritual to go a little differently. Or maybe he's biding his time."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 pm

"Either way, sounds like I might need to pay Yavin IV a little visit some time. Have a little chat. That'd be quite the thrill. Where exactly did you say you saw him?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 pm

There was a hint of amusement in his voice. "I didn't. Might be we can come to some sort of arrangement though. Yavin IV is like a second home to me."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:52 pm

"Ah, yes."

An arrangement. Of course, she could never just get the things she deserved without difficulty finding a way to block the path.

"What did you have in mind?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 pm

"I don't know you. So make it worth my while. A joint venture? Knowledge or an item that brings me power? What are you willing to exchange for the knowledge you desire?" It wasn't unreasonable. Quite Sith really.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:46 pm

"A joint venture sounds like it'd bring value to us both, and would allow you to gauge my worth," she said, "and any knowledge that I may possess on the era of Exar Kun, or any other knowledge I may hold, well, these are easily given in exchange for knowledge of similar worth."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 am

"Alright then. I'm sure something will come up. Probably soon." They reached the walkway to the speeder bays. "We're headed this way. Good to meet you Lord Nyx."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:26 am

"Yes, of course." She smiled.

It was never easy.

"It was good to meet you as well, I shall look forward to working with you."

She gave him a nod of the head.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 am

Lord Rath paused. "Here's my comm channel if you want to contact me. Until next time." He nodded and then walked off to a speeder with his aide.

/exit, thanks for the thread :)
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Previous

Return to New Adasta Space Port