Lord Math, I presume? Rath! I meant Rath. [D1, ME]

Primary space port for New Adasta

Lord Math, I presume? Rath! I meant Rath. [D1, ME]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Returning down the surface from the cruiser, Xyll had realized that one of the people she had seen there, now also returning to the surface, met the description of someone she had some interest in speaking with. Thus, after they had landed, she went to seek him out.

Ah, there he was. She hoped it was, at least. Approaching from the back, she called out.

"Lord Rath, I believe?"
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Re: Lord Math, I presume? Rath! I meant Rath. [D1, ME]

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:39 pm

The big Sith slowed to a stop and turned to face the questioner. His adjutant, a smaller human woman pulled out a datapad and started typing.

"Yeah. I don't know you."

In his armour he towered over Xyll. The faceplate made it impossible to read his expression, but the body language suggested: surly.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:51 pm

She smiled at that response.

"Xyll Vanth. Known as Lord Nyx to some. Apprentice of Darth Arya, and as of today, Witness of the Emperor. And you are Lord Rath. I've heard of you. I hear we share similar interests."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Lord Rath looked her up and down. Or, more accurately, down and down.

"And also interested in what Darth Malgus had to say." He nodded. "I guess it's good to meet you then Lord Nyx, unless you prefer Xyll. What is it that you think we share?"
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:05 pm

"Most I've met seem to prefer to play it safe," she said dismissively, "but it is no matter to me by which you refer to me."

She gestured toward the concourse. "Perhaps we could walk as we talk."

And indeed, she would do exactly that, taking a leisurely pace. Her eyes moved over to the other human woman for a moment, before ignoring her.

"They say you've spent a lot of time on Yavin IV. Many of your class did, I believe. Though most not as much as yourself, yes?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:33 pm

Jo'ren chuckled and then began to walk. Lt. Hin swung in to walk behind the pair of Sith.

"Yeah, that's right. I helped to bring the Massassi into the Empire. Spent a lot of time among the ruins."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:51 pm

"It would be a waste not to," she said, looking ahead of her, with a smirk. "There is much history there. Did you get a chance to visit any of the structures left behind from the days of Exar Kun? I believe I heard Lord Savas remark on your interest on him once. I believe he mentioned something about you being, an... enthusiast. Although he gave the word an odd emphasis."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:05 am

"Heh, I bet he did. How is the old bastard?" Jo'ren chuckled at the thought of Savas using to call him a Lord.

"Yeah, I explored most of 'em. Met him too."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:08 am

She narrowed his eyes at him.

"You met the spirit of Exar Kun? That is hard to believe."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:20 am

Rath waved a hand as if to brush off a fly. "Pfft. Like I care what you think Nyx." It seemed as if their conversation might be done, but after a few moments he continued. "Once. We had a conversation. He called me The Seeker. I searched high and low but never saw him again."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 am

Insolence!

For a moment she considered dropping the roof down on him. But that would not do. Not at all.

"You ought well to care," she answered cooly. "I dare say you will find few as knowledgeable on the subject of Exar Kun and his brotherhood as myself."

She considered him closer, eyes studying the man before her. Perhaps he had simply gotten *lucky*. He was no scholar, clearly, nor a prodigy of the force. His whole form and demeanor suggested a more physical focus. Yet, his interests did not fully align with that assessment.

Her own demeanor changed. It was clear she had gotten to be quite fascinated with the conversation and topic.

"You encountered his spirit on Yavin IV? If you would, could you recount the conversation itself?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:55 am

Jo'ren's expression was indecipherable thanks to the mask, which was probably for the best.

"Well that's good for you I guess. Yeah, I met his spirit on Yavin IV. In an ancient temple. Lord Savas gave me the text that led me there. Turned out it was a trap."

He said the last bit matter of factly.

"Tell me about why you're interested and I'll consider telling you what he told me."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:12 pm

There was a twinkle in her eyes, a glint of obsession.

"Why would I not be interested in one of the subjects of my expertise? Exar Kun, who bound the Massassi to his will. Who made the Mandalorians submit before him. To whom were pledged the Krath, and with all this might at his call brought the Republic to its knees. He is a fascinating figure, is he not? The greatest duelist of his age, and yet also one of the most powerful Sith sorcerers in history. Wherever he walked, the galaxy trembled. Because of him, the Sith shall never die."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:53 pm

Rath nodded seriously. "I grew up on tales of Exar Kun. That's what drove me to walk the paths he had taken."

He touched the hilt of his trusty double-bladed lightsaber. "He's why I learned how to use this. And you? Is your interest purely academic or do you seek what he sought?"
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:07 am

She looked down at the lightsaber indicated for a moment. "Ah yes, his famous double-bladed style. Though he often fought with a single blade even after he came up with it."

And then she regarded the man instead, once more.

"I seek to... put all the puzzle pieces in their right place. Not just on Exar Kun, though he was the greatest of them, but all of his brotherhood. That part of my interest may be, academic in a sense. But I can not deny that I seek to recover some measure of the things, the power, he left behind. Too much of it remains hidden. And I have a right to my share of it."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:21 am

"It was another potential advantage in his arsenal." Rath looked over at her as they continued their walk.

"True power is usually well hidden. Finding and keeping it, thats the trick." He sighed inwardly at the entitlement in Xyll's voice. "You have a right to it huh? It's personal for you."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:28 am

"Do you not feel the same? You say you grew up on tales of him. That they drove you. That you even met him. And that he even gave you a title. Do you not feel such things entitle you beyond your lessers, who lack such a connection?"

She paused, considering his words again. His tone.

"I am sure you have noticed my accent. I am not from this empire. Neither was he. We have walked many of the same worlds. You have your connection to him. I have my own."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 am

"No. Exar Kun showed me that I can be greater than those who came before. Entitlement is for the weak. I choose my own path."

He shrugged. "I understand that feeling though. Sounds like you've seen interesting things Lord Nyx."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:01 am

She chuckled. "Entitled. Greatness. Choice. Semantics. In the end, history will judge each of us according to its own whim. Perhaps you might become greater than those that came before. Perhaps not. But even so, you follow in the footsteps of the past, as you walk toward your uncertain future. In this we are alike."

She stopped for a moment, looking at him with her smile. "I believe you were to consider telling me what he told you."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:21 am

"Heh. You're growing on me." Jo'ren stopped too, looking down at her, but started walking again as he continued.

“He told me I was no slave. That a Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny. He told me that he learned that lesson eventually, but had wasted more time than I did finding the truth.

This was a voice, clear, but disembodied.

He said he did not know my destiny, and called me the Seeker. Then he said he was impressed by my resolve.

This was when he revealed himself. I saw him. Exar Kun. His spirit, standing before me.

He told me to go having learned a valuable lesson. One few Sith truly understand.”
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Next

Return to New Adasta Space Port