[LE10] I Would Do Anything For Cake

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

[LE10] I Would Do Anything For Cake

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Remmington decides to stop by the estate of Lord Orethion. He knows that everything is going to be incredibly busy but also that this may be the only time to visit before everyone starts heading back home or to wherever else that they are going. He informs the servants that he is there is visit Fa-Lei.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Re: [LE10] I Would Do Anything For Cake

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Fa-Lei arrived dressed as she usually has, though this time with her own retinue of guards and aides which she waved away. She said, “Velcome, the last few days have been very busy for us but it is good to receive a loyal ally of zhe family.”

She gestured to some plush chairs and said, “Shall ve sit?”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:36 am

Remmington smiles and offers a polite bow to Fa-Lei. "Pleased to. I know that you and your family has been very busy of late but I thought I should come talk before we all get really busy again. I trust that you have been well Fa-Lei?"

He actually goes to pulls out a chair for her before he sits himself.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:17 pm

She nodded and said, “Ve are fine.”

“How can I be of service to zhe, today? Vith all the zhe changes I vill be on to Korriz and zhen return here, as an envoy for mein honored sister.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Remmington nods in return. "Ah, so you will be coming back to here. I thought to ask if you still want to visit Korriban. Though I suppose there will be time for that since Jun-Tsu plans to set up base there. It seems like everything is pretty hectic and will need people redeployed."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 pm

“it is not a pressing need, I can vait to see Korriban for now. Ve have more important things to focus on for now. Surely zhere is a great deal of zhings on your agenda for zhe near future?” she replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:21 am

Remmington nods. "Yeah. Looks like we'll all be pretty busy. I am the head of House Balmung now. So the first order of business will be to rebuild its strength. Also try to acquire/groom some talented individuals in order to better fill our role as seneschal to House Farro.

I hope that I can count on your support and aid in the future as well."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:42 pm

“I am sure ve vill do vhat ve can to aid your cause, Remmington. Though I suggest get your House in order tend to your vife and sort out these mistresses, all these children will not be a boon but a hindrance as they will all want inheritance and that will not bode well for your future family,” she offered.

“It is a foolish distraction of vanity.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:06 pm

"Well you got a point there. Though I wanted to have some standard to work by. In any case better get that stuff in order. I was not expecting such an elevation in status for our Houses this quickly. There will probably be many individuals that will undoubtably want to be a part of the action. Though filtering out the opportunists will be a something to work on.

Course I like to think that instead of arguing about who gets what portion of a cake. It may be worthwhile to just make a bigger cake for everyone." Remmington bounces some ideas off her.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 pm

“You under-estimate zhe power of greed and ambition, is zhere truly ever enough for everyone? Of course, but ve can’t all agree on how much is enough, someone vil always feel slighted,” she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:37 pm

"You have a point there but will there not always be someone who feels slighted and want more no matter what route we take?" Remmington ponders the possibilities.

"All the infighting among the Dark Council led to the problems that we just recently faced."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 pm

“You vill have to decide on how to best handle all zhese children and zheir now claims on your house. It is a mess of your making but now it needs to be dealt with, vill it be zhe eldest, vill you determine an heir vhen zhe time is right or shall you leave that to a council of your elders of your house to decide? Perhaps trial by combat?” she mused.

“It is no simple zhing managing the future.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Remmington shakes his head. "No, it never is. There is still some time to think about it. While I do wish to have a clear rules on who the heir will be. I do wish for the most suitable to be the heir. I still like the idea of a council system. Maybe if the heir is unrelated to the council. Or as you suggested, selected by the council that may work. Trial by combat is an option I suppose though I think it will be non-lethal. It will be a shame to lose talented individuals."
Last edited by Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:26 pm

She nodded in agreement and said, "You vill find your path."
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:30 pm

"Have you found a new role in all this yet? Or is that still in the works?" Remmington asks.

"Also, if you ever need some help. Feel free to ask."

Remmington Thalalas

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:43 pm

She chuckled lightly and said, "Ve are House Farro, we are vehere vere meant to be. My place is serving the Empress, and zhe Umbral Dark."
Dapper Dog

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:50 pm

Remmington nods. "Sounds like you have it already figured out. That's good. When are you leaving by the way?"

Remmington Thalalas

Return to Noble Estates