Open Your Eyes (Pregame EE, Malveaux Estate)

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Re: Open Your Eyes (Pregame EE, Malveaux Estate)

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:22 am

Lucinia's white teeth flashed in a rare grin. "Where, indeed? Look to my brother and sister. My brother especially; one can almost sense the familiar pride oozing from his pores." She gave a tiny shrug, one slender shoulder rising and falling. "But while they suit me for now, ultimately family is just another chain."

A soft chuckle, and Lucinia slowly shook her head. "Metaphorically, perhaps. The immortality we Sith seek is meant to be more literal."

She turned to Dayana, smiling again. "Which means that all of these forebears of mine failed. And these holoportraits are evidence of their failure. Perhaps there's a lesson here after all."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:29 am

"How sad they would be to hear you call them a chain." Dayana stepped closer to one of the effigies. She was unsure why this one drew her in particular, though her mind was certainly elsewhere. Santana... are you a chain for me?

The redhead then returned her attention to the deceased in front of her. "Have they failed? Or is there a part of them inside?" She 'looked' over to Lucinia and smiled. "I've wondered if literal immortality may be overrated."
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 am

"Would they?" Lucinia's eyes narrowed, regarding Dayana. "If they are true Sith, they would understand. If not..." She gave one of her half-shrugs. "Well, for the time being, I fulfill my obligations. That should be enough for them." Frowning, she crossed her arms over her chest, wine glass held carefully.

Her expression grew more curious as Dayana stepped closer to one of the grim portraits. "It is unlikely. But possible." She admitted. "One does sense something in this hallway..." Once again, a chill wind seemed to blow. Lucinia tightened her arms around herself, just a little.

Still, the comment made her chuckle. "I've wondered the same thing, in fact. I've encountered a few, somewhere between zombie and ghost. Very tenacious, especially in the places they considered their homes, but one could hardly call them living." She frowned. "Perhaps it looks different from the other side."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:10 am

"Seems like somebody has a very specific definition for Sith," Dayana teased before sipping some of her wine, "Course, that does not make that definition wrong in any sense."

The masked Sith turned to address the other deceased faces, a frown creased on her lips. "Now I wonder if the tombs of the Jedi would have this same effect on us. Do their minds linger in their effigies as well?"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:18 am

Once more, Lucinia shrugged. "I expect not. Jedi are calm. Placid. Not nearly so disruptive as Sith." She gave a throaty chuckle. "I expect a Jedi might take that as a compliment. It is not intended as such."

A moment more of consideration, and she shook her head. "Let us return to the parlour. I've spent enough time with these already." She waved a hand around.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:05 pm

"The Jedi deem us as ruthless. I am certain they do not intend that to be a compliment either."

Dayana took a slow sip of wine, delaying their escape from the halls of the dead. "You really aren't a fan of your own family, now are you? If anything, that attitude has not invoked the wrath of your forebears, whatever presence they still have here."

Or has it? How intriguing.

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:38 pm

"Oh, well..." Lucinia gave a vague wave of her hand. "I would not say I am unfond of them. Rather, I would say that I am a Sith first, and a Malveaux second." Of course, exactly what it meant to be a Sith... Lucinia tilted her head, giving Dayana a curious look. "Is it different with your family?"

She took a step back towards the stairwell. Pausing, she glanced over one elegant shoulder, raising an eyebrow. "Coming, Dayana?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:45 pm

"Different in many fashions, my dear," Dayana said before taking one final sip. Though her head did not turn, her vision was taking in all of the ancestors once more.

"Yes, of course. Wouldn't want to be joining them, after all."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:56 am

Lucinia gave a soft, musical giggle. It was a sound quite different from her haughty laughter. "Indeed not. Most of them look like dreadful company when they were alive, too." She sighed almost wistfully. "Although some were very powerful, and very learned. Perhaps..." She shook her head.

Back down the staircase they went, Lucinia schooling her long legs to take small steps. "Different in many fashions." She echoed Dayana's earlier statement. "That does rather beg the question, don't you think?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Dayana clenched her fists on their descent. Lucinia was right; there was so much power to be had. And while part of Dayana's heart loathed the corruption of the Dark Side, she still wanted its power. Connecting to it too much, though, had always wracked her senses.

If she could reach out to them, then she could learn so much.

"House Valthren desires loyalty, even camaraderie, between its members, simply put," Dayana admitted.

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:14 am

A few more twists and turns, and they were back at the parlour. "More wine, my dear?" She asked, walking leisurely back to the credenza.

As she poured herself a glance, she gave Dayana a curious glance. "Loyalty, I understand. That is what Sith ask of each other, at least until we can ask it no longer. But camaraderie... your family wishes for you to be..." One eyebrow went up, "-friends?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:44 pm

There was little left in her glass. Still, Dayana covered the cup and grinned. "I'm still nursing this one to its full potential, darling."

The adopted child of House Valthren smirked. "I suppose our notion of family is more traditional among the Galactic Republic. Certainly not among the Jedi, though." Her lips turned to a pensive expression and she then smiled and nodded. "Perhaps we are like those Alderaanians. House Cortess, House Organa, House Thul..."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:30 am

Smiling, Lucinia inclined her head. "Well, the bottle shall still be here if you change your mind."

She watched Dayana curiously, although she was still smiling. "What, like that silly captain from the recruitment posters?" She shook her head, blonde hair swirling about. "One can see some advantages. And we are not so frightened of attachment as the Jedi are. But do they not worry that such sentiment might create weakness?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:51 am

"What, you don't find the great Captain Alderaan to be dashing and charming in his own way?" Dayana shrugged. "Imperial military heroes can be so dour in comparison. Anyhow, as for my family, the same could be said about having nothing beyond oneself to care for.

"Take the Mandalorians at Bankor. Their path was one of vengeance, failure to protect. They made a great effort, but their victims still emerged victorious." Dayana took a breath. "The people of the Republic had 'a cause,' as it were, and the people of the Empire require a similar motivation."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:20 pm

Those red lips quirked. "I suppose he is, in a certain gormless sort of way. I wonder if there's ever an original thought in that pretty head of his?" A half-shrug, one slender shoulder rising and falling. "But I suppose he does show more spirit than so many here. Perhaps that's intriguing."

"Mmmm." She swirled her wine in her cup before taking another of her slow sips. "Perhaps. Do they not have a cause? I certainly see enough propaganda to suggest that the average citizen is willing to give their life to bring down the hated Republic." Lucinia's tone was neutral; she scarcely cared one way or the other.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:25 am

"Oh my, you really do despise him. It's almost like he stole your father's favor or something. His affection, even?" Dayana smirked. "People love a 'hero' wherever they go."

Dayana shrugged. "Destruction only goes so far as a motivator. Progress, though, that is inspiring."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:56 am

Lucinia made a vague gesture with her wineglass. "Frankly my dear, I don't often think of him. I find it exceedingly unlikely that our paths will ever cross."

One thin eyebrow rose. "Progress? Whatever do you mean?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:28 am

"Perhaps you need to leave your dwelling more," Dayana said with a teasing grin, "Perhaps I will have to seduce him on your behalf."

The masked Sith shrugged. "Before our Empire took control of their systems, the people of the colonies lived in such disarray, such disorder. We are leading them to their true potential."

Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 pm

That gave Lucinia a brief fit of the giggles, one hand coming up to cover her mouth. "Well, I would very much like to see that." She said, pausing for one more giggle. "Perhaps we shall seduce him together. I may not find him very interesting, but it would be quite a coup to be able to say that we seduced Captain Alderaan. That would be reason enough."

With that decided, so to speak, Lucinia gave a slow nod. "Indeed. It is the individual whose potential matters most, but I can see the value in leading others to find their potential as well."

She took a sip of her wine. It was getting late...
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:52 am

"Would it really be so difficult?" Dayana shrugged and finished her glass of wine. "I haven't put much thought to it, to be honest."

The masked Sith set down her glass and sighed. "Camilla wants me to go over an extensive list of policies and whatnot before the upcoming court days. If you were looking for an example in unlocked potential, look no further than her. Too bad she's also a bother at times."

Dayana Valthren

Previous

Return to Noble Estates