Poor Unfortunate Souls (D2, LM, Farro estates)

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Poor Unfortunate Souls (D2, LM, Farro estates)

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 pm

After her interview, Shaisha sent a message ahead to the Farro to let her prepare for her arrival.

It wasn't hard to find the Farro estate, especially with the assistance of Hyuna, and soon the Sith Lord was announcing her presence at the door.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Re: Poor Unfortunate Souls (D2, LM, Farro estates)

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:40 pm

Announcement was unnecessary. The moment, Shaisha's transport had arrived on the grounds, the servants and slaves had set about their final preparations, while Jun-Tsu was notified of the arrival. In her traditional obsidian robes and ceremonial headdress, she lead the way to the front door. Behind her five of her sisters followed, all those that had made the trek with her.

They stood at the top of the steps leading to the entrance, and fanned out in a show of solidarity. When Lord Tenebrous had stepped from her vehicle, all six did a curtsy bow, while all the servants kept their eyes facing downward. The defference seemed natural, and the arrival of a Sith lord did not seem to rattle them. Their usual master was, after all, one as well, even if his guests, and current residents were not.

"Velcome, Lord Tenebrous," Jun-Tsu projected from her perch as she rose. "Ve are humbled to hawe you here. Pleaze, do come in."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 am

That was quite the reception. More people should take a note from this, she thought.

"Lady Farro, thank you for the hospitality. Do lead the way." She gave a nod of approval and let the host show her inside.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:51 am

In all ways there was an aura of decorum, of practiced social ritual. The Farro did not know of the sort of treatment the Sith Lord had received in the past, but there were proper ways one hosted one of Shaisha's standing. House Farro was known for their primitive rites and primal rituals, however, when amidst people, and forced to put on the mask of civility, it was best to lean on custom. It made the best disguise.

Jun-Tsu lead the way past the sizeable foyer, and to a meditation chamber. What had once been one of the temples pillared halls, called a mandapa, now served a new purpose. The heavy colonnade held the high ornate ceiling, etched with thousands of arcane and mystical symbols dating back to when the Sith were little more than primitives, themselves. Though it was obviously an affectation, given the restored nature of the temple estate.

Amids the massive columns, was a small sitting area, a circle of meditative mats set around a single lightly glowing orb. One by one Jun-Tsu and her sisters took a place in the circle, and once their guest had joined them, they sat in practiced unison.

"It was an unforeseeable tragedy that we were not able to meet more during out time at the Academy, those years ago."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 am

There was a sixth sister, well the littlest sister, but she performed the rights as prescribed in a little ensemble that replicated the older women the little Farro took her place in the circle with the reverence and respect that was called for.

Vas-Tsu loved the pageantry of the old ways in the same way she loved blades.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:22 am

There was something special to the feel of this place compared to the other Sith strongholds, Shaisha felt... it felt... old, like from a time long ago... the time when life had been differentfor her.

She didn't hide that she was silently appraising the architecture and feel of the place with a sense of contentment and awe. That in itself was a compliment to her.

"It is a unique place, this manse," she commented as she took a seat at the circle, glancing around at the Farro sisters. Once upon a time, she too had had a House of a reputable size like this. Perhaps with Lyria, it would be like that again in the future... maybe unite the Rath and Vreysk? No, that was a complicated issue.

"Mm, it's a shame, but we can't do anything to change that past. And our time at the Academy set us both on our current paths, Jun-Tsu." Shaisha gave a nod and brief smile to the littlest of the Farros too.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:47 am

"Zhat iz wery true. Und I vould not trade mein course for any ozher, for it haz brought me many revards. Much like yourzelf." Jun-Tsu folded her hands in her lap as she knelt on the mat.

"Zuch az zhiz eztate. Not mine or mein vamily'z, but of a greatful ztudent who haz begun to ztudy zhe old vayz. I vaz mozt delighted vhen I zaw it meinself juzt a few dayz ago. Lord Orethion iz clearly a more clever man zhan he vould hawe ozherz beliewe. Vhat you zee here iz but a few of zhe old temple'z upper chamberz. Zhere are many timez many levelz und chambers that stretch deep below ground. Zhe expanzive groundz are but a barrier to keep ozherz from constructing above zhe vide baze of zhe temple."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 am

"Fascinating... I didn't think much of such constructions were left here in this part of Ziost. In Old Ziost, yes, but no here in the noble quarters," she mused with interest.

"Sometime later I would ask for a tour, but I believe we have something else to speak of, yes?" Shaisha cast a glance to Vas-Tsu, wondering what, if anything, the child might've said to her mother about what happened yesterday.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:02 am

"Choizez to be made. Choizes vith great meaning, und ewen greater conseqvence, yez?" Jun-Tsu smiled pleasantly as a slave came in with a tray of cups, distributing one to each attendant. Merely a mild tea known to clear the mind and improve circulation.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:54 am

"Something like that," she nodded cautiously. "Your daughter seem to see things in... quite a clear, yet different way."

The offered tea was recieved with a polite smile and nod.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:07 am

"If you hawe qveztions, ve are here to azzizt. My zizterz und daughter are ewer counzilors to all Lords of zhe Zith. Ve offer our knowledge of zhe Forze to you, for your glory." Jun-Tsu raised the cup in both hands sipping slowly with closed eyes, taking in the whole experience.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:18 am

They were offering help, assistance, and advice, but... nothing came for free. Not even trust. However, Shaisha was willing to take that small leap of faith now, simply because of Vas-Tsu's words.

"Vas-Tsu said something to me yesterday, something that I would not have expected to hear from someone not aware of the Emperor's nature. And she also said she could help me... but I wonder how exactly that would be done."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am

"Yez, zhe Emperor," while still polite, a chill crept into Jun-Tsu's voice. "Hiz iz a peculiar und utterly unique existence in all zhe uniwerze. An exiztance whoze nature haz cauzed no zmall amount of revlection und contemplation by meinzelf on mein vamily'z millennia of ztriving vor v'onenezz vith zhe Dark Zide."

The witch turned to her daughter, "Mein dahrling, hawe you any thoughtz for Lord Tenebrouz?"

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:30 am

Vas-Tsu spoke with her child voice and said, “Zhe is torn between two Emperors, it vill not end well.”

Lord Tenebrous could hear Valkorian say scornfully, “Are we taking advice from abominations now?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:15 am

Quiet you.

"Such is the path of power," she said with a resigned but weary tone. While she always had a strong fire of ambition burning within her, the Shaisha of the past couple of years had matured and tempered herself quite a lot - some of it from watching Vowrawn and his lessons, and a lot of it from her own role as a mother. Somehow she had calmed down more, and now she was looking back at some of the things she did as a youngster with cringe and a little regret.

Jun-Tsu's words made her consider the exchange here. "If you wish to learn more about the Emperor, I would be willing to share what I know in return for the help that Vas-Tsu spoke of."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:24 am

"Vas-Tsu iz a villfull child, zomezhing I hawe attempted to bozh nurture, but temper," it was a mother's plight, indeed. "Vhat zay you, mein dahrling? Do you vizh to help if zhe time comez?"

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:33 am

“I want to mama,” she said quietly and then added, “He vill not want me to.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 am

She looked between the mother and child. Her own maternal instincts wouldn't allow herself to push Jun-Tsu's decision, even if she wanted it so much.

"We can do it together, child?" she eventually offered in a motherly tone, awaiting the Farro-decision.

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Silence hung in the air as Jun-Tsu weighed to options. It was obvious, not in any outward sign, but in some deeper sense that true deliberation occurred in the Farro witch.

"I," she began before stopping to collect herself more fully. "Zhe zignz are bevore uz. Ve know zhe conzuming darknezz avaitz uz. Und, no matter mein choize, it endangerz mein vamily. But better to vace it und do zomezhing zhan to cowver und mew az you avait zhe end."

"Ve vill aid you in vhat vayz we can, but, und I hope you vill giwe me zhiz v'one dizpenzation. Zhe zafety of Vas-Tsu vill, in all vayz, owercome vhatewer obligationz I hawe made to you, or any ozher. Give me zhiz und let zhis be zhe ztart of a povervul allianze betveen uz."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:01 pm

The Lord gave a nod of understanding and approval to Jun-Tsu's terms. "As a mother myself, I must say I admire your decision, Jun-Tsu, and your terms are acceptable."

Her back straightened a smidge. "Let this be the beginning of our alliance."

Lord Tenebrous

Next

Return to Noble Estates