[Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Re: [Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Postby Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:08 am

Jaheem Abasi wrote:Jaheem chuckled a bit dryly "well obviously." he says his eyes travelling on her for a bit before heading back out to the party "what is youre take on the new arrivals?" he asks casually

"I am familiar with most of them, so they don't feel too new. For Korriban graduates of that exceptional year, it's a small world. Any familiar faces for you, Lord Abasi?"
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:43 am

Col. Hala Moraal wrote:"I would be glad to, should nothing prevent me from attending," she said, nodding again.

"If you don't mind, what is the impediment to your efforts? Reliance on an older method of slaving, or some other economic matter?"

He shook his head, "Unfortunately nothing that straight forward. It is the plague that has been striking the Outer Rim as of late. Zygerria was one of the first hit... I've been brought in to fix the situation."
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:44 am

Lord Jo'ren Rath wrote:"Heh, young love." He drained the glass. "If you're set on converting this Jedi it's going to take more than a bit of fooling around. What's your plan?"

The room was filling up now, it was getting interesting.

Lucinia flashed Jo'ren a quick smile before turning back to Drascovina. "Indeed, I should also like to hear your plan, sister."

A glance back to Jo'ren. "Although, don't think I haven't forgotten our earlier discussion. I do still wish to discuss tombs."
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:19 am

Xal Kimlya wrote:Xal was on his third glass of whatever was being served. He had found a dark corner to watch everything from. Most of it was uninteresting and tedious, but the flow of the gathering had his attention. The way certain individuals and groups influenced those around them. It was like watching ripples on water. He took note of who was making the biggest waves.

Remmington makes a beyond fashionably late appearance at the party. He is wearing a suit and a fedora instead of his usual attire. After looking around most people are already engaged in conversation. He spots a doctor/mad scientist looking time and approaches the man. "Good evening. I am happy to see another goggles enthusiast at this party."
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:11 am

Lord Bellious wrote:"I am familiar with most of them, so they don't feel too new. For Korriban graduates of that exceptional year, it's a small world. Any familiar faces for you, Lord Abasi?"

Jaheem nodded "yes, there must have been something in the water during your tenure there. So many noteworthy graduates, certainly an outlier even for the prestigious Korriban Academy." He says before taking a drink.

"I am not overly familiar with most beyond faces and names in files."
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Lord Bellious on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:22 am

"Then ask questions if you want to know more." She sipped casually. "And there was nothing in the water. I got my crystal from the guts of a fallen apprentice by means of a crude knife in the desert and stole Zash's database just on the first day."
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:36 pm

Shelzais Sek wrote:Shel couldn't help but wonder just how useful Marr would in fact find his hulking apprentice's service in a place like this, if Tyr eschewed small talk and pleasantries. At least he'd come in handy if the ceiling started to cave?

"What about dancing? That's physical enough," she suggested, availing herself of her glass of bubbly once more. "Oh, not here, I suppose--wrong sort of party for that, more's the pity. But in general."

Tyr looked at the pureblood as if she'd just asked him to solve quadratic formulas while balancing on his head, "can't say I've ever tried it," he admitted, narrowing his eyes. The shisavanen was glad it wasn't that sort of party. As more drinks came by, Tyr ignored them, there was nothing on the waiter's trays that he wanted.

With a sudden burst of movement, a knife appeared in the wolf-man's over-sized mitt. He flashed the blade, a glint of steel, and it was gone again, "fighting and fucking are more my speed."
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:His own glass was almost empty so he nodded his acceptance, before offering the young lady his arm. "That sounds like a excellent idea, Lady Beniko."

"You said you don't come to these gatherings too often, does that mean you don't spend much time on Ziost?"

Lana looked at his arm and then finally grasped the meaning and accepted and said, “I have been here before, but usually on business for Darth Xevious, little time for parties. An apprentice is kept busy to keep them from making foolish mistakes, as he would say.”

“Now I serve as a liaison for the Republic delegation, I even have my own office,” she said not with pride but a little shock and amusement.

Once at the refreshments she grabbed something sweet and added, “I enjoy the work a great deal of analyzing data, interpreting it and revealing things that others do not wish to know.”

Meanwhile with Jo'ren and Lucinia
Lucinia Malveaux wrote:
Lord Jo'ren Rath wrote:"Heh, young love." He drained the glass. "If you're set on converting this Jedi it's going to take more than a bit of fooling around. What's your plan?"

The room was filling up now, it was getting interesting.

Lucinia flashed Jo'ren a quick smile before turning back to Drascovina. "Indeed, I should also like to hear your plan, sister."

A glance back to Jo'ren. "Although, don't think I haven't forgotten our earlier discussion. I do still wish to discuss tombs."

She raised a delicate hand to lips and laughed lightly, “Ohohohohoho… my plan is devious, but I shan’t reveal it here, I can say it does not require me lighting him up.”

Seranya commented, “Love is nice, I enjoy a good romance and I wish them both the best of luck.”

Drascovina narrowed her eyes, “I know only Hate and Power and impeccable fashion sense, do not confuse me for some weak willed slave. Minions, my throat is parched… come.”

“I hope we meet again Lord Rath,” Viyuti said sweetly.

Tiss added, “Now who’s choked, V?”

Drascovina hissed, “Minions!”

The gaggle of young women made their way to the refreshments.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:46 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:Image
Lana looked at his arm and then finally grasped the meaning and accepted and said, “I have been here before, but usually on business for Darth Xevious, little time for parties. An apprentice is kept busy to keep them from making foolish mistakes, as he would say.”

“Now I serve as a liaison for the Republic delegation, I even have my own office,” she said not with pride but a little shock and amusement.

Once at the refreshments she grabbed something sweet and added, “I enjoy the work a great deal of analyzing data, interpreting it and revealing things that others do not wish to know.”

A small amused smile touched him lips as he noticed the glance at his arm, she certainly wasn't used to these kind of things, that was no lie. "Wise words there, without proper direction people can get into all kinds of trouble." Most of which would effect whoever was in charge of them.

"A lady of importance now then?" They didn't give offices to just anyone. "It must be interesting to work so closely with the Republic."

Setting aside his empty glass of wine, he picked up another, it was a fine blend, likely wasted on more then a few of those here. "A fan of of the intellectual pursuits then? It seems we may have some common ground there, though it's likely we analyze completely different types of data."
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Lord Bellious wrote:"Then ask questions if you want to know more." She sipped casually. "And there was nothing in the water. I got my crystal from the guts of a fallen apprentice by means of a crude knife in the desert and stole Zash's database just on the first day."

Jaheem quirked his eyebrow a bit on that one "certainly one way to begin your school career I suppose." He said before pausing for another drink "alright so tell me who you personally think are the most noteworthy of those here, surely many have impressive accolades and look good on paper but by your personal knowledge who are the ones to look out for?"
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Kristal Serasai on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Sinea Okatesh wrote:"Certainly." She played with the grey locke of heir." What do I get in return though? We have changed, but our desires may have not."

"We all can gain from a more stable Empire, but if it is a concession you desire, something that I would grant you, I fear I can make no such promises. Until I sit upon that seat any words I might offer you, promises I might make, are meaningless."

"Know simply that my allies benefit greatly from my friendship, and serving the Empire is duly rewarded."
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Human | Imperial Noble |Sith Lord | The Steel Valkyrie | Champion of Marr | Disciplined| Jedi Killer|Head of House Serasai | Last Serasai | Captain of the Vindicator
On Person: Armored Robes, Comlink, Combat Knife, Lightsaber
Accompanied By: Weaver

"Cowardice is beneath me."
Kristal Serasai

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Alister Dravvad wrote:A small amused smile touched him lips as he noticed the glance at his arm, she certainly wasn't used to these kind of things, that was no lie. "Wise words there, without proper direction people can get into all kinds of trouble." Most of which would effect whoever was in charge of them.

"A lady of importance now then?" They didn't give offices to just anyone. "It must be interesting to work so closely with the Republic."

Setting aside his empty glass of wine, he picked up another, it was a fine blend, likely wasted on more then a few of those here. "A fan of of the intellectual pursuits then? It seems we may have some common ground there, though it's likely we analyze completely different types of data."

“Importance, hardly, but it does allow me to get a better understanding of the Republic and what motivates them,” she said honestly.

“I enjoy puzzles and finding patterns and then putting the puzzles and patterns together to discern greater truths. Layering these multitudes of puzzles, patterns, and matrixes can create interesting designs especially when people think of it is random noise or isolated incidents. The same can be said in the Force, as many of Sith approach it more as a religious or philosophical pursuit I see it as an arithmetic or computational mystery.”

She continued, “An object acted on will stay in motion, and every action has an equal and opposite action, basic theorems, the same can be said of the Force which cause ripples and form their own patterns in the cloud of data…” she said trailing off realizing she was chatting endlessly.

“I suppose you get the point,” she said taking a drink.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Jun-Tsu Farro wrote:Jun-Tsu canted her head in a quizzical expression. "I am not zure I take your meaning. Mein Houze vaz v'once zhe zole repozitory for zhe lore of zhe jen'jedai, vhen zhe betrayed zhe order und came to Korriban. Zince zhat day, mein vamily haz zought to maintain zhe traditionz of zhe jen'jedai, though millennia of time haz bozh alloved uz to ztudy new lore, und to forget ozher. But, at iz heart ve hawe alvayz zought to collect all knoveledge conzerning zhe ztudy of zhe Force."

"Ajunta Pall and his contemporaries," she said, "Not my era of expertise or interest, but noteworthy nonetheless. What of other luminaries of the Sith and their respective eras? Marka Ragnos. Naga Sadow. Freedon Nadd. Exar Kun. And of course our own Immortal Emperor. Regardless, perhaps I would like to peruse your family's libraries one day, if such a thing were possible."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Dapper Dog wrote:Image
“Importance, hardly, but it does allow me to get a better understanding of the Republic and what motivates them,” she said honestly.

“I enjoy puzzles and finding patterns and then putting the puzzles and patterns together to discern greater truths. Layering these multitudes of puzzles, patterns, and matrixes can create interesting designs especially when people think of it is random noise or isolated incidents. The same can be said in the Force, as many of Sith approach it more as a religious or philosophical pursuit I see it as an arithmetic or computational mystery.”

She continued, “An object acted on will stay in motion, and every action has an equal and opposite action, basic theorems, the same can be said of the Force which cause ripples and form their own patterns in the cloud of data…” she said trailing off realizing she was chatting endlessly.

“I suppose you get the point,” she said taking a drink.

"Some could say that itself is of importance, though I'll concede the point regardless." Her Master didn't seem the type to give her suc a post to waste her talents after all. At least if he was much like she described.

"I do, though honestly it was just starting to get interesting. I've not spent much effort in studying the force after all, or the similarities it might have to other scientific principles. Most of my work deals with chemical compositions or mechanical designs."

He paused thoughtfully. "Still hearing your thoughts on it has piqued my interest a bit. Perhaps I'll have to look into these things a bit more in the future."
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:33 pm

“A noble man with an interest engineering?” she said curiously.

“It would seem like such things would be beneath you, too busy doing whatever it is that nobles do, I suppose ruling and managing their wealth. Now that I say it out loud, that does sound a little short sighted and rude, my apologies.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Xyll Vanth wrote:"Ajunta Pall and his contemporaries," she said, "Not my era of expertise or interest, but noteworthy nonetheless. What of other luminaries of the Sith and their respective eras? Marka Ragnos. Naga Sadow. Freedon Nadd. Exar Kun. And of course our own Immortal Emperor. Regardless, perhaps I would like to peruse your family's libraries one day, if such a thing were possible."

"Zhrough vill und cunning all zhings are pozzible. But it need not be zo challenging. I am here exactly to meet vith petitioners who vould reqvest access zhe rezourcez of mein Houze. Be varned, zho, mein vamily does not zuffer dilettantes of zhe Dark Zide. Only zhoze who hawe forzaken zhe light, turned themzelves vholly to zhe dark light of zhe Umbră-Ușoară, are allowed admittance."

"I zay zhat vithout judgement of your dewotion to zhe Dark Zide. I am zertain Darth Arya, und a prodigious student of zhe Korriban Academy, haz taken fully to heart zhe pover of zhe Dark Zide. Ztill, mein vamily's ztandardz are exacting, und many a scholar haz been zent avay. Zhe lucky, are inwited to ztay in zhe templez of mein homevorld, und purify zhemzelvez zhrough our ritualz. Zhey ztrip avay zhe putrifying light of the Force, und leawe you open to zhe embraze of zhe Umbră-Ușoară."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:07 pm

Jun-Tsu Farro wrote:"Zhrough vill und cunning all zhings are pozzible. But it need not be zo challenging. I am here exactly to meet vith petitioners who vould reqvest access zhe rezourcez of mein Houze. Be varned, zho, mein vamily does not zuffer dilettantes of zhe Dark Zide. Only zhoze who hawe forzaken zhe light, turned themzelves vholly to zhe dark light of zhe Umbră-Ușoară, are allowed admittance."

"I zay zhat vithout judgement of your dewotion to zhe Dark Zide. I am zertain Darth Arya, und a prodigious student of zhe Korriban Academy, haz taken fully to heart zhe pover of zhe Dark Zide. Ztill, mein vamily's ztandardz are exacting, und many a scholar haz been zent avay. Zhe lucky, are inwited to ztay in zhe templez of mein homevorld, und purify zhemzelvez zhrough our ritualz. Zhey ztrip avay zhe putrifying light of the Force, und leawe you open to zhe embraze of zhe Umbră-Ușoară."

"I'm sure it's all very... necessary," she said.

For their pride, at least.

"Though without knowing the full extent of lore your libraries contain, I am uncertain if I could justify what sounds like it'd require an extended stay. All the more so when the most desireable of knowledge is rarely to be found neatly categorized, and the Empire's future seems to be vying for more attention that I could otherwise spend on the dark side's past glories. Things are moving in a different flow now, I'm sure you can tell. Now that the Emperor has returned."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:17 pm

There was a noted pause, as though Jun-Tsu had been momentarily distracted by the though. Not inordinately so, just for a beat. "Yez, hiz return iz...portending."

She chose her words carefully. "A hungry woid mowez clozer. Who can zay who vill be conzumed in itz vake."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:47 pm

"Void," she repeated that word, mulling on it. "...It is so. I was surprised to see how many were affected by his mere arrival. It would seem his force of presence is quite something."

Though she herself, had of course been entirely unaffected.

"These days ahead shall be... filled with choices, for all of us. I expect."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:53 pm

"Zhat iz zertain. I juzt pray ve enact zhe vill of zhe Dark Zide az ve fulfil our deztiny. To tip zhe zcales too far, und I azzure you, zhe Force vill take due retribution. Alvays a zingle candle muzt burn, alvayz a zingle zhadow muzt hide." Jun-Tsu lifted her glass and was about to take a sip when she lowered it with a contemplative look.

"Vhat vere zhey like? Zhe emperor. I heard none of vhat tranzpired."

Jun-Tsu Farro

PreviousNext

Return to Noble Estates