[Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Re: [Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:37 am

“Well I will do my level best to dissuade you of any such nonsense,” she said calmly.

“My lord, this night was much more bearable than expected. I should attend Darth Xevious, until next time.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 am

Tyr wrote:“Bah,” he declared dismissively, “I require proteins, fats, vitamins. Carbohydrates,” he pronounced the word with significant disdain, “are a waste of time and resources.” Indicating to his large self, “this is no accident. This is the product of careful breeding, hard work, and dedication.”

"If I remember my childhood chemistry tutor right, ethanol isn't a carbohydrate," Shelzais chuckled. "I can't say I paid awfully much attention to the poor droid, of course. That Massassi blood wine stuff has got to have lots of protein and vitamins..." She wrinkled her nose doubtfully. "Not something I'd choose to start a night with, though. End it, yes."

She eyed Tyr's furry musculature. "All that self-denial sounds rather Jedi-like."
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Tyr on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 am

"And if ethanol was the only thing in your glass, you'd probably be dead by now." Tyr gave the Sith a baleful look, his lip curling to show a long, gleaming fang, "what denial? I take care of myself."
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:54 am

"Ethanol, water... a girl can get by on the basics if she's got to, but why sacrifice unnecessarily?" Shelzais grinned. "Well, if you enjoy it, that's something else entirely. You made the whole business sound like some sort of tiresome duty."
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

Shelzais Sek

Postby Tyr on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 am

Tyr seemed set in his idea that alcohol = bad, nor could he get his head around the idea that not drinking was giving something up. "Sacrifice?" his expression a mixture of confusion and scepticism, "can't give up what you don't have."
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Tyr

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:15 am

"That's where you're wrong, my dear Tyr!" Shezais flourished her glass. "You're Sith, aren't you? What's the point of all that 'peace is a lie, my chains are broken' business if you limit your desires to what you've already got? If I could be scoring some truly amazing spice from a certain beau, but I don't because I went to some dull meeting or got into a twist about his wife or some nonsense like that, aren't I giving something up? Anything you want and don't grab hold of is a sacrifice, in my book."

Shelzais Sek

Postby Tyr on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 am

Tyr's expression was one entirely of confusion now. The shistavanen wasn't dumb by any stretch, but he was definitely struggling to make sense of Shelzais' impassioned reasoning. "But, I don't want," he frowned, "that's the point. What's alcohol ever done for me?"

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 am

Dapper Dog wrote:Image
“Well I will do my level best to dissuade you of any such nonsense,” she said calmly.

“My lord, this night was much more bearable than expected. I should attend Darth Xevious, until next time.”

"I'll certainly appreciate your effort in that." He replied just as calmly.

"And I amglad I was able to aide you in that. Until next time, Lady Beniko." He dipped his head in a polite farewell.
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:50 am

Col. Hala Moraal wrote:
"I'm not sure who is actively involved in the Council politicking, but if I hear something I will say something," she replied affirmatively, "Is there anything else I may help you with my lord?"

"To notify me of anything that you would need help in were such an obstacle to arrive." He replied with a nod and smirk.
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 am

Tyr wrote:Tyr's expression was one entirely of confusion now. The shistavanen wasn't dumb by any stretch, but he was definitely struggling to make sense of Shelzais' impassioned reasoning. "But, I don't want," he frowned, "that's the point. What's alcohol ever done for me?"

"Clearly nothing, more's the pity," Shelzais drawled, her voice a shade drier than before

"Forget alcohol for a tick. What do you want, Tyr darling? What do you deny yourself?"

Shelzais Sek

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:16 am

Xal Kimlya wrote:"You are welcome to observe." he nodded. "I am working on a new formula intended to temporarily increase one's vigor. It is something I've made before, but I am continuing to refine it and improve it. My only other current project would be with the military, though I've yet to begin that."

Remmington's interest is piqued. "That sounds interesting. Is that also a military application? I will be more than happy to see it up close. Do you have a laboratory around here?" He asks.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Tyr on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Shelzais Sek wrote:"Clearly nothing, more's the pity," Shelzais drawled, her voice a shade drier than before

"Forget alcohol for a tick. What do you want, Tyr darling? What do you deny yourself?"

Tyr growled, his eyes narrowing. There was only one thing he truly wanted, but he was not about to spill his guts to a stranger at some dull party. “I could turn the question back on you? What do you deny yourself?” Not much, by the sound of it.

Tyr

Postby Xal Kimlya on Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:Remmington's interest is piqued. "That sounds interesting. Is that also a military application? I will be more than happy to see it up close. Do you have a laboratory around here?" He asks.

"My personal lab is in People's Tower." he answered. "The formula may have many applications, if I can simplify its production."
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal
Suspicion: Trusted

Carries: Lab Coat, Datapad, Hand Scanner, Commlink, Lightsaber, Data Goggles
Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Lord Bellious wrote:"I'll look into how I can aid your investigations then. I have access to some good big data whizzing." She sipped from the refill, smirking. "Call it Bellious Analytica."

He nodded with a smirk of his own "Your offer is appreciated, I will likely take you up on that when I have more information to go on." He sipped his own drink nursing it slowly since he had no intention of getting drunk with the pledges coming up later.
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Shelzais Sek on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 am

Tyr wrote:
Shelzais Sek wrote:"Clearly nothing, more's the pity," Shelzais drawled, her voice a shade drier than before

Tyr growled, his eyes narrowing. There was only one thing he truly wanted, but he was not about to spill his guts to a stranger at some dull party. “I could turn the question back on you? What do you deny yourself?” Not much, by the sound of it.

"Not a lot," she laughed, echoing his thoughts. "Why should I? Oh, I wouldn't mind getting off this chilly rock again sooner rather than later, of course, but I do have a few things to manage here first. Gratification delayed is quite different from gratification denied."

Shelzais Sek

Postby Tyr on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:49 am

Shelzais Sek wrote:"Not a lot," she laughed, echoing his thoughts. "Why should I? Oh, I wouldn't mind getting off this chilly rock again sooner rather than later, of course, but I do have a few things to manage here first. Gratification delayed is quite different from gratification denied."

"You lot are way too complicated," he shook his head. "My needs are simple, and they are fulfilled."

Tyr

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:24 am

"People's Tower huh? That sounds good. I'll drop by sometime. Is there a time that is good for you?" Remmington asks.
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Lord Bellious on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 am

Jaheem Abasi wrote:He nodded with a smirk of his own "Your offer is appreciated, I will likely take you up on that when I have more information to go on." He sipped his own drink nursing it slowly since he had no intention of getting drunk with the pledges coming up later.

It looked like her instincts about alcohol were similar. She put away an unfinished glass.

"Until such time, Lord Abasi. You have already discovered where to find me most of the time." She glanced toward the spot where the Emperor was expected and raised her tattooed-on brow. "For now, let's do what we've come here for."
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Sinea Okatesh on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Kristal Serasai wrote:
"A early question to ask, given that I have yet to deliver my pledge," she said crossing her arms over her dress. "However, I am supported to the seat by Darth Marr himself, and Sylvain Torsin is a sure bet to support me for my position."

Sinea nodded. "Certainly a strong start, an auspicious one." She moved closer, and touched her fingers to Kristal's arm...probably the metal one. "I shall keep an eye on your progress dear, I look forward to see what you can produce."
Confident Sith * Mystic Seer * Korriban Alumni* Mentor of Magi
Carries: Communicator, lightsaber, noble regalia
Suspicion: Untested
Sinea Okatesh

Postby Xal Kimlya on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Remmington Thalalas wrote:"People's Tower huh? That sounds good. I'll drop by sometime. Is there a time that is good for you?" Remmington asks.

"My days tend to vary" He shook his head. "But, I spend most of my time in my lab, so you could come at anytime."
Sith Order ◈ Arkanian ◈ Mystic ◈ Alchemist ◈ Academic ◈ Scientist ◈ Not Mad, Just Disappointed ◈ Work in Progress ◈ Immortal
Suspicion: Trusted

Carries: Lab Coat, Datapad, Hand Scanner, Commlink, Lightsaber, Data Goggles
Accompanied by GR8-1
Xal Kimlya

PreviousNext

Return to Noble Estates