From the Dust (Pre-game, Torsin Estate)

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

From the Dust (Pre-game, Torsin Estate)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:05 pm

Steps softly echoed through the quiet and dark halls. As the footsteps carved their way deeper into the estate more and more lights flickered on, detecting life in the abode for the first time in years.

They passed along rooms on either side of the doorway... passed a dining area with empty chairs around an empty table... through a room with a tall ceiling and aging imperial banners hanging on the wall. The home seemed to slowly be awakening to this new force within it. The lights grew gradually brighter... the droids' systems began booting up. The time for slumber was passing as swiftly as it had arrived.

The footsteps arrived at a well-fortified door, beyond it a room filled with security equipment which had never missed a moment despite the rest of the estate's sabbatical. A hand reached up to a panel for a scan and a brief moment later the doors opened.

Sylvain looked down at the control panel and began entering commands. Cameras came online that were deemed unnecessary before, defense grids began running protocols and most would need to be updated... Sylvain kept his mind on the task in front of him... resisting the feelings of nostalgia and estrangement that lingered together on this place. After several minutes a small hologram of a Zygerrian teenager came out of the communicator in the room.

"The sweep's complete Governor. You can call for them now."

Sylvain nodded in response and tapped on his communicator briefly before letting a soft sigh escape his nostrils. He moved from behind the control panel and back out into the hallway. His feet carried him outside the estate again and towards the secure landing pad. His mantle flapped in the cold Ziost air as he stood with his hands clasped behind his back, staring up into the sky.

----

(Expecting)
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: From the Dust (Pre-game, Torsin Estate)

Postby Kristal Serasai on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:50 am

Arriving on the pad the Imperial shuttle came to a full stop and allowed the surrounding area to settle once more before the hatch opened. Revealing, inside, with the opening of the main door those that would arrive.

Dressed casually in the uniform grey of the Empire, the two young children of the Torsin and Serasai union were instructed to stand proud. Something Addison took to well. Standing at the center was the woman herself, the last of the Serasai, and she stood with the imposing nature that service of the Empire had given her.

Stepping clear of the shuttle, followed closely by her children, Kristal approached Sylvain and allowed, for the briefest of moments a lessening of the cold hardness of her expression.

"Sylvain, it has been a long time."
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Human | Imperial Noble |Sith Lord | The Steel Valkyrie | Champion of Marr | Disciplined| Jedi Killer|Head of House Serasai | Last Serasai | Captain of the Vindicator
On Person: Armored Robes, Comlink, Combat Knife, Lightsaber
Accompanied By: Weaver

"Cowardice is beneath me."
Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:25 am

He smirked slightly and looked with purpose into her eyes. He put his hand on her shoulder and in a voice which relayed his pent-up grief and joy he replied, "Far too long my dear..."

After a moment his face brightened as only a father's can. He crouched down to the girls' level and asked, "And where are my little runts of girls? They couldn't possibly these beautiful girls in front of me!"

He extended his arms and said to the pair, "Welcome home... my joys."

Young Ary came running into her father's arms as Addison came forward slowly and with more caution. He hugged her as well once she was close enough. He stood and turned to Kris while placing his hands on the girls' shoulders.

"Come, lets get them inside and situated. Then we can talk."
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:32 am

Addison held herself like a little soldier, glancing back over toward the shuttle behind her when they departed, but when they reached her father she was all attention forward. Until the moment she was close enough she kept to that status but once in the hug she leaned into her father and hugged deeply.

"Yes, we should see them inside. Would be a waste of a home not to use its comfort."
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Human | Imperial Noble |Sith Lord | The Steel Valkyrie | Champion of Marr | Disciplined| Jedi Killer|Head of House Serasai | Last Serasai | Captain of the Vindicator

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 am

Sylvain smiled as the girls moved to the sides of their parents, Arymis to Sylvain and Addison to Kristal. He moved close to Kristal as they walked towards the entrance near the landing pad.

He smiled and replied, "As much comfort as a place like this can offer. Father was never one for excessive 'comfort'. Your father and mother spent a great deal of time here as children, girls. I hope you will come to think of it as a place of safety and strength."

Sylvain's left hand sought Kristal's right as his other hand became occupied with Ary's tight little grasp.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:21 am

Kristal allowed Sylvain the gesture, it was not one she oft had care for herself but she understood the gestures place. Like other things, there was a significance to it.

"I think they will find it as large and wondrous, given their size," Kristal replied. Moving the steel arm of her left hand behind Addison, keeping the girl safe and guided in the right direction.

Addison herself was just looking around in wonder, waiting to get inside so she could play freely like her mother promised. So long as she was good from the ship to the door. They were two wonderful young girls, but hardly ready to begin their studies proper just yet.

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Sylvain led them inside and through the corridors towards the residence. Once they arrived at the girls' door Sylvain tapped on the locking mechanism and the door slid open. Inside was a room big enough for the two girls, adorned with goodies and trinkets from the Outer Rim that Sylvain had slowly picked up on his travels.

Standing near one of the beds, straightening the covers stood a slender young Zygerrian. Sylvain gestured to the azure-furred xeno and said, "Everyone this is Nasari. Nasari... 'everyone'."

Nasari placed her hand over her heart and bowed politely to the young family before moving toward the door. Sylvain clasped her shoulder and stopped her momentarily to thank her before she departed.

After she left, Sylvain smiled and crouched down to the girls height, "This is your room now girls. Whenever one or both of you are here to enjoy it. Anywhere between here and the giant room at the end of the hallway with the Huuuuuge banners you are free to explore. Anywhere else and you'll need your mother or father's permission. Understood?"

Arymis nodded excitedly as her eyes began wandering around the room looking at each of the toys and goodies placed here and there. He grabbed one of each of their shoulders and looked into their eyes in turn, "One more thing...." He paused for a moment with a serious look on his face. "One more hug for your father." The grim look quickly changed to a smile as he drew both of them in close.

He then stood and took a couple of steps back towards Kristal and stood beside her as Ary ran to the toys on her bed.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Addison tried to be most understanding of the rule, mimicking the demeanor of her mother up until the last. Once she'd gotten the chance to hug her father once more that barely maintained stiffness was utterly lost.

A well taught little girl, but still a little girl. Once she was free to do as she pleased she too looked about curiously with some attention of her sister.

Meanwhile, Kristal was sizing up the Zygerrian and the room itself.

"Nasari," she inclined her head in his direction. Then looked to Sylvain, expectantly.

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:47 pm

"She was raised as a slave in the home of a Zygerrian who runs the fighting colosseums there. She killed a Jedi who infiltrated the fighting ring and had killed her childhood lover. She is impressively skilled in the Force for her age. Her innate ability to suppress the connection of the Force in others is unparalleled for a teenager." He smiled at the girls as he saw them starting to interact with one another.

"I have brought her under my wing to train her before sending her to the academy. She's rough around the edges as far as Sith go. But she's trustworthy." He replied.

He continued to watch the girls as he asked, "So... is it as I think... that the Dark Council seat calls to you? It doesn't seem marriage alone would be enough to call you from your duties."
Last edited by Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:22 am

"The Empire, the security of our Empire is what calls to me. Should another claim the seat in my stead, I fear to see how they would misuse it's power for personal gain," she admitted, in a lowered tone. Satisfying herself with one last look of the room she looked down a separate hallway that they might continue the conversation apart from the girls.

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 am

Sylvain silently followed her out into the hallway with hands clasped behind his back, "Indeed... I can think of no more deserving candidate than yourself... Unfortunately the most deserving rarely is successful in foolish games such as these."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:28 am

"I do not believe I am any more deserving of it than any other, at current, but I know I can ensure that I will use it in a way that many others would not. Worry, worry does haunt me though. For this is a bid for power unlike any other and claimants may come from anywhere and are like to try anything to destabilize me."

"I worry for our children," she admitted. "When I have time, I shall be speaking with my mother on this. With her aid, and yours, I know in my heart that at least they may weather this storm unharmed by what it is that I must do."

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 am

He nodded, “I too worry for the children. For every Marr on the council there are four or five snakes. History shows that the odds are not in your favor. The game is tilted and has provided poor candidates as of late. Your mother is a valuable asset to be sure... but I believe last I met her she was intent on killing me the next time we meet. I suspect things have changed but I wonder how far she could possibly have come. She is an unwavering woman just like her daughter.”

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:04 am

"I would not put it past my mother to hold onto that belief," she said, a light smile. "However, with a joined purpose even bitter enemies may reconcile. With the benefit that you do not see her as an enemy, then it is all the better that you may work together to protect my children."

"We Serasai are stubborn, and you will likely need to remember that someday," she said.

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:56 pm

"It is precisely because I do remember that fact that I bring it up at all. You know how I respect your mother. And so, I also trust her in her word. Serasai's do not speak or threaten lightly." He let out a long breath through his nose.

"I also worry about having to raise a 'Serasai'. The girls will naturally carry some of those traits in them, that is not what I am concerned about... It is the non-genetic determinates that I do not know how to duplicate. Addison needs you if she is to become the future of your family line. Perhaps stories of you would suffice... but there is only so much a story can relay. You've always lived by example... and without being able to see that, it will be difficult for her to copy it." He replied.

He waited for a moment, "And..."

He sighed, "I don't want you dead either..."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:01 am

"I have no intention of dying, Sylvain," she said, turning them from the corridor into a separate room. Uncertain of the rooms purpose but she cared not, for it was not the point. Without even glancing within she turned to face him as soon as they entered. "I would never make the choice to leave my children. They are mine, no others. I would not leave you, either, in such a way."

"However, I am Serasai. I cannot simply allow myself to shy away from what I know to be right, it would not be teaching our children anything of what it means to be a Serasai. For them they must see who it is we are, the strength of our character, so for them I must do this as much as I do this for myself."

"This is something I must do, but it would be foolish to entertain the idea that it is not without considerable risk. I have no intention of dying; many have tried before and many have failed. I will not allow it to be one of these other claimants for the seat on the council."

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:23 am

Sylvain locked eyes with Kristal as she spoke and he nodded his agreement, "I do not mean to dissuade you. I know what this means... to you, to the empire, to our children. If this is something you feel you need to do, then this is something you must do. I merely express my concerns because I must... just as I know you must press on, despite these obstacles."

He continued, "My help for your cause will be limited. I have other matters I need to attend to in order to secure the survival of a large number of systems in the Empire. Your ascension to the Dark Council would undoubtedly aid me in my efforts, but the concerns I deal with are far too critical to depend wholly on the whims of the Council. You will have my support where I can offer it, but by in large you and your men will need to bare the burden of this bid. I do not doubt your ability to succeed... I merely offer apology that I cannot do more to ensure that you do indeed return home to us once this... 'competition' is over."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:30 am

"There is naught that should be left unsaid, less we find ourselves no longer able to say it," she replied. "I trust wholly that you will do what you must, as I will do what I must. I will win this seat upon the merits of my conviction, and you will aid in assurance that my children will not come to harm. There is naught of greater concern to me."

"They have tried to kill me before, and they have failed, and so they will come for me in a way that is vulnerable. I must not allow that to be vulnerable. I will not be caught unaware."

Kristal Serasai

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 am

He nodded again in agreement and reached out to take her hand, "I will do everything I can to ensure the girls' safety. We will prepare the wedding in such a manner as to draw attention to the legitimacy of your bid. We will draw upon the best of the Empire to your cause. And you..." He paused, "will survive. No matter what."

He looked into her eyes seeking the conviction he knew Kristal possessed... if only to help fill the lack of such within himself.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:14 am

Meeting Sylvains gaze, with that same conviction of purpose, "For our wedding I desire naught more than it to be an occasion to celebrate what we have, our family," she replied. Shifting further into the room Kristal found herself a place to sit as they continued the conversation. Absentmindedly reviewing her cybernetic arm.

"Many have tried before, far greater opponents than the ones I now face. Perhaps less direct, or honorable, these ones are however."

Kristal Serasai

Next

Return to Noble Estates