Cradle and Tomb [Day 0, Orethion Estate, Early Evening]

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Cradle and Tomb [Day 0, Orethion Estate, Early Evening]

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 am

The light dimmed as the dark figures emerged from their transport. The faint hum of the vehicle seemed the only real sound to emanate from the otherwise restful quiet of the vast manse of Lord Orethion. Trees loomed like sparse sentinels over the grounds, keeping watch on the small keep. They rustled lightly in a faint breeze, but even that was short lived, giving way back to the silence that seemed to seep out of the soil.

Two-by-two, the shrouded figures filed out, silhouettes against the moonlight, made all the more inscrutable by their veils and robes. Finally, one reached out a hand and another shadow emerged into the night. Jun-Tsu gazed at the tip of the old temple-turned-mansion letting her hand fall from her sister's grasp. A faint smirk played on her lips beneath her shroud.

The softness of fabric brushing against metal drew her attention from her temporary home, to a small shade that joined by her side, "Vhat do you zhink, mein dahrling?"

A pale hand slipped from her robes, to offer to the veiled child. "It iz not Korriz, but it vill be home....for now."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Re: Cradle and Tomb [Day 0, Orethion Estate, Early Evening]

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:05 am

Vas-Tsu Farro-small.jpg
Vas-Tsu Farro-small.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 6366 times

She was playing with a ball, well crushing it and then inflating it with the Force and then looked up and said, “It iz exactly what I expected of zis place, mama.”

The little one added, “Ze monsters are here, I like it.”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 am

Behind her sheer veil, Jun-Tsu smiled softly and gave a nod, then turned to the looming facade.

"Let uz go find zhem," she said half to Vas-Tsu, half to herself, before begining the walk up the set of stairs to the door. The retinue followed suit, and as they approached the doors opened with a low groan. Ahead of them a small gathering of servants and slaves waited.

Among the throng, Jun-Tsu waded, and each vassal lowered their gaze as the witches passed.

"Milady," a quiet voice spoke from a woman who Jun-Tsu could only assume was head of household. She rested, with hands folded before her crisp, utilitarian clothes, so very much the style of the inner worlds. "Your chambers have been prepared, and your things will be brought up with all do haste."

Jun-Tsu barely bothered to look at the servant, only nodded as she surveyed the tall antechamber.

"Right this way," the attendant and seven slaves lead the gathering, through the main door. Opening into the main hall.
Attachments
Residence5.jpg
Residence5.jpg (156.68 KiB) Viewed 6359 times
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 am

“Mama, why is ze Emperor in two pieces?” she asked cheerily.

“One piece is here, and another is far away?” she said and the stopped and looked at something on the floor unseen and said, “No, it’s mine.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Jun-Tsu dipped her head slowly, accustomed as she was to her daughters insights and eccentricities. The servants and slaves, however, shifted subtly within their clothes. Any talk of the emperor was sure to arouse discomfort in the lower classes, by sheer reputation alone.

"'Ee iz a poverful man, cloze vith ze dark light. He can do many great zhings vith zhe Umbră-Ușoară."

Gently she drew the two of them further into the main hall, dismissing the attendants with a wave of her hand. They appeared all the more eager to leave, though the head servant hesitated only a moment, "Mi-Milady...." she contemplated her words carefully, "We can show you the rest of the manse at your convenience"

As the noise of the house dimmed, and Jun-Tsu was alone with her sisters and daughter she peered out the dark windows at the far end of the hall. She stood like a wraith for a moment contemplating the seeming void that lay beyond the panes. With a deep breath she turned and took a seat on the cathedra, resting in audiance to none but her family.

The witch beckoned her daughter to her lap, "Do you zee zhe emperor often, in your zight?"

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:10 pm

She plays with her ball and then said, “No… he zees me, zometimes he pretends not to zee me.”

“Arya Auntie zays there vill be blood.”

Her child giggled and said, “Vill we get to zee the little Emperor?”

Fa-Lei for her part was already trying to organize where people would sleep and see to getting a meal prepared.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm

"It iz up to auntie Arvya. Ve are her gueztz, und ve muzt be certain zhat ve are on our bezt behawior," Jun-Tsu reclined in the throne.

She allowed her words to fall over the room. Though speaking to her daughter, it felt prescient reminder to all present.

The witch turned her attention more fully to Vas-Tsu, "Do you vant to zee zhe emperor, mein dahrling?"

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:22 pm

She walked over and reached up for her mother, “I do, I vant to zhee his darkness.”

“Mama I am hung-ry.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Jun-Tsu took the child into her arms, lifting the parcel of a being onto her lap, "Zhen ve must feed you."

"Vhat vould you like?" Mother and daughter rose together, as Jun-Tsu cradled Vas-Tsu, in her arms.

Through her mind, thoughts of the emperor swirled. The myth and legend surrounding him and his connection to the Dark Side. Silently, she pondered such power, as the pair were directed out of the room to rejoin the retinue of servants and slaves.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:47 pm

"Cake! Cake!"

She cuddled close and added softly, "And ze darkness that lingers from ze awakening but Auntie zays it iz not for me."
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:12 pm

"Auntie iz vise," she shifted Vas-Tsu's weight slightly to a more comfortable position.

"Perhapz zhis darknezz iz not for you...yet," Jun-Tsu raised a hand and gently stroked the girl's hair. "Like cake."

"You vill hawe your cake," she reassured. "But ve must hawe our meat first. Zhen cake. Zometimez ve must vait for vhat ve truly vant."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:28 pm

She frowned briefly at being denied cake but relented with a playful pout.

Fa-Lei chimed in and said in their native tongue, “Honored sister, the meal will be laid out shortly we are to have company. Darth Arya is to join us.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:41 pm

At that Jun-Tsu smiled. She knew that the old sorceress would not stay away for long after their arrival. "Did you hear zhat, mein dahrling? Auntie vill be here zoon. You zhould prepare for dinner."

She continued to stroke Vas-Tsu's hair. The closeness was no substitute for when the great darkness rested within her, but the power of the Dark Light as it moved off of her daughter, eased her mind, and made her reluctant to hand over her daughter to her doting (true) aunts.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:49 pm

They showed respect for the child as Fa-Lei took the child gently and prepared her for dinner. There was a meal prepared and lad out and she felt the presence of the Crone arrive before she was announced to the household.

Darth Arya - True.jpg
Darth Arya - True.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 6325 times

Her blind honor guard entered the dining room and then the room visibly darkened for a moment her hunched over form appearing and then in her place was a statuesque woman of youth and vibrance and she spoke in a strong voice, “Sisters of the Dark, House Farro… I am pleased to receive you.”

Vas-Tsu hugged her auntie and the woman lifted her up and said, “My dearest little apprentice… you grow so large so quickly.”

Vas-Tsu whispered in her ear and she smiled and set the little one down. She said calmly, “Please be at ease and sit, I instructed the slaves to prepare specialties of your home world.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:56 pm

"Your generozity knows no bounds, mein Darth," Jun-Tsu offered a formal bow of her head. "You have looked after mein House, mein daughter, und myself, und now you hawe giwen zo much more for our ztay. Ve cannot possibly return zuch eminent favorz, but I come vith all the tidings of Qveen Ka-Tai. Ve, mein sisters und I, are at your serwice for zo long az you vish uz."

She rose from the bow and drew forward, closer to the councilor, without a hint of hesitation. Taking the seat to her left, Jun-Tsu, gestured for the rest of her siblings to join.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm

“The friendship of House Farro has been a dark blessing,” she said warmly and took her seat. The Farro sisters sat quietly turning their gazes towards the head of the table and Jun-Tsu.

“I am pleased by your company,” she said speaking the words I the language of Jun-Tsu’s world. It was practiced not completely flawless but well-practiced as she continued, “The days to come will be a time of testing or the Empire… I have foreseen many things. Enough to know that any warning would simply steer one to another equally deleterious path.”

Wine and water were poured by servants and she slowly ate. She added, “The Games of the Dark Council will be a dangerous distraction.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:09 pm

"Ve hawe zeen zhe zigns az vell," Jun-Tsu agreed, her decorated headdress chiming as she nodded her head ever so slightly.

"It zeemz, a curious time to inwite us to Ziozt. Ve are ewer eager to ansver your call, but zhis iz, az you zay a dangerouz time. Und, more und more mein dahrling zpeaks of zhe Emperor und blut (blood)." She gave a vague gesture to Vas-Tsu.

"I do not vorry ower zuch zhings, but to serwe, to rize ve must know more of vhat iz coming."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:13 pm

“The Emperor is the Dark One, he eclipses us all and yet that has not stopped others from trying to supplant him. I fear that time is coming upon us again, there is so much in motion, so much uncertainty… as much as it may be a dangerous place this may be the safest place to be to weather the coming storm,” she said offering allegory.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 pm

"Az you zay," she replied simply with a reverent tone as the first course was brought to the table.

A simple soup meant to cleanse the pallet, it was normally a rather bland affair, meant to build one's appetite. Largely root or vegetable based, the cook had clearly taken a few liberties, seasoning it clearly using more than just the standard medley of plants, a take on the simple broth. It was delicious, that was certain, just not particularly traditional. Jun-Tsu brushed aside the difference as she tasted it before continuing.

"Zhe emperor iz in two pieces," Jun-Tsu echoed her daughter's earlier words. "V'one here, und zhe other far avay."

She let the phrase speak for itself.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Darth Arya lowered her spoon and said, “Two pieces? A fracture?”

She was genuinely not prepared for that revelation.
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Noble Estates