[Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

[Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:22 am

Darth Tayana had the estate done up in red and black with a very sedate mood surrounding the garden where the party takes place under temperature controlled repuslor fields making it pleasant outside. The first couple of hours have refreshments and ample entertainment with slave dancers and singers putting on a play honoring the creation of the Empire and the great heroes of the Early period of the exodus after the Jedi betrayal.

OOC: This is purely a social gathering, but counts for Influence if a player wishes to earn 5 Influence for attending the party.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 1 - Late Evening] Salon of Hidden Delights

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:45 am

Quiet, and unobtrusive, Jun-Tsu stared off one of the garden varandas at the city beyond. Below water cascaded in a droning rush into the pond below. The Farro woman rested her glass on the stone balustrade, running a hand over the smooth masonry. Letting her arms drape, the robes enveloped her silhouette, obscuring her form into a single shroud of black. Amid the tea lights, she appeared a shade, seeking a corner where she might be seen, but without facing idle conversation.
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:51 am

Sylvain too found himself at the occasion. He patrolled around the perimeter at first looking for persons of interest that he might need to talk to. He kept his mind focused on his own work, not allowing it to drift too far to the topic of the Aspirants and their pledges.
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 am

Parties were... a necessary evil. Though not one unfamiliar to her. Xyll lacked the sort of truly exquisite attire that some might expect at this affairs; but she wasn't so gauche as to come wearing her armor. Instead she just had on her dark red robes. Nothing special, but at least they looked good on her, and were of rather fine make. They complimented her red eyes.

She carried a bright smile; quite innocent-like for a welcome-change; as she sauntered around, taking everything in.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:05 am

The sounds of footfalls drawing closer to her sequestered corner of the world, drew the Sith witch's attention. Taking up her glass in a pale hand, she turned listlessly to survey the party. Catching sight of new faces, she offered a polite nod to each in turn, her occluded eyes resting for a moment upon Xyll with an indiscernible stoicism.
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:11 am

Jun-Tsu Farro wrote:The sounds of footfalls drawing closer to her sequestered corner of the world, drew the Sith witch's attention. Taking up her glass in a pale hand, she turned listlessly to survey the party. Catching sight of new faces, she offered a polite nod to each in turn, her occluded eyes resting for a moment upon Xyll with an indiscernible stoicism.

Glances here and there were to be expected. Getting staring at was instead a challenge. Or invitation. Or both. Xyll's etiquette had been slipping as of late, she'd been forced to admit. Or perhaps that had been a lie. A game. A feint. Or indeed, a truth after all. Regardless of what it had been, that was then and this is now. And good manners demanded a response. As did idle curiosity.

So she approached, and looked out from across that balustrade.

"I too prefer to clad myself in a single color," she said, idly. "Perhaps you had noticed."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Darth Tayana on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:16 am

Clad in what looked like a sleek black gown with every shift or movement the portions that were black would shift to red and so on matching he décor with graceful ease as she met with guests and peers alike.

She commanded the room with her eyes and made sure to great every guest with her warm nature and open smile.
Sith | Socialite | Mother | Judging Gaze | Dark Side | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Tayana

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:19 am

Xyll Vanth wrote:Glances here and there were to be expected. Getting staring at was instead a challenge. Or invitation. Or both. Xyll's etiquette had been slipping as of late, she'd been forced to admit. Or perhaps that had been a lie. A game. A feint. Or indeed, a truth after all. Regardless of what it had been, that was then and this is now. And good manners demanded a response. As did idle curiosity.

So she approached, and looked out from across that balustrade.

"I too prefer to clad myself in a single color," she said, idly. "Perhaps you had noticed."

Jun-Tsu was briefly silent, as thought fully appraising the woman that stood before her. Though not a sociable sort, she masked the silence with a tacit sip of her drink.

"Vrom your veet to your eyez," the words were spoken dryly, but not derisively so. "Zuch unique eyez."

Behind her headdress her eyes narrowed, to better assess.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:21 am

"Yes, it has been said," she said, a giggle escaping her throat. She did enjoy playing this part, sometimes even genuinely so. "Some refer to me as Lord Nyx, but I do not mind being called Xyll, instead. And you are?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:28 am

"Lady Jun-Tsu, of Houze Farro, your lordship," she rested a hand at her waist and bowed, the talismans and ornaments of her headdress draping, chiming as they moved against one another. In spite of her company's casual nature, the young Farro appeared more formal in her manners.

"I hawe juzt arriwed vrom mein homeplanet of Korriz to owerzee petitionz to mein Houze from zhose in zhe core vorlds of zhe Stygian Abyzz. Und, of courze, to zee zhe zeating of a new counzilor."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:49 am

The problem with a Sith's wardrobe being mostly black is that when one went to a Sith party, one tended to blend in with the furniture. Lucinia was having that problem now, While from one angle, the finely tailored black dress she wore made her look very clearly like a woman, if she stood the wrong way, she'd either be a floating head against the wall, or perhaps a strangely shaped coat rack. At least the red of her lipstick helped her to stand out.

That, and the glass of red wine she held. Lucinia took a careful sip of it as her gaze darted here and there. She wasn't quite leaning against the wall (nor was she quite invisible against its black backdrop), but she was close, preferring to be at the fringes of the party rather than at its center.

(come talk to me!)
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Tyr on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:56 am

Tyr wasn't dressed for this sort of occasion, nor did the hulking shistavanen seem like the high-class salon type, but if the important people would be hob-nobbing about here, then it was his duty to attend and to observe. He ignored the endless streams of waiters trying to push drinks and food on him, scowling at the other attendees.

---
(( Email notifications are not working for me, please @ me on Discord if approached. ))
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 am

Lord Rath swept into the room wearing a finely tailored black cape with red trim, his clothing dark and formal. The cut was sufficient to show off the impressive musculature he was famous for. He had considered wearing his customised battle armour but decided to dress up, or down, for the occasion. After all, this was one of Darth Tayana's parties, and she was both infamous for her political reach and extremely hot...

Jo'ren took a minute to thank her for the invitation, it was only polite. He also avoided taking up too much of her time, scanning the room before collecting a glass of bloodwine. Keeping a portion of his attention on the potential aspirants he found himself next to a stranger and raised his glass. In his deep voice he intoned:

"I love a party with an atmosphere."

(OOC: Lucinia, I choose you!)
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:13 am

Shaisha had found that one of the better ways to not blend into the furniture and wallpaper was to *gasp* wear something that wasn't black. And besides, her red skin looked great in a number of other colors too - black was hardly the only color a Sith was allowed to wear.

A Sith could wear whatever they damned well please.

So Lord Tenebrous arrived in an ensemble that ranged from soft creme color to a red deeper in color than her skin, accented with gold trimming. It kept to her favored style in that it still allowed for ease of movement and showing off her athletic figure.

---

OOC: Soon heading to bed, so please PM if approached.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:16 am

Lucinia was a touch on the tall side, and her modest heels did help a little. Still, she found her chin tilting upward when approached by the tall drink of Sith, the better to meet his gaze.

"Indeed?" Lucinia said, her red lips curling up just a little at the corners. "I rather suspect that you bring a certain amount of atmosphere with you." It was probably a compliment.

She raised her wineglass in a sort of greeting. "Lucinia Malveaux." She said. One eyebrow went up expectantly.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:31 am

He chuckled. "Yeah, you could say that. I'm Lord Jo'ren Rath. Pleasure." Taking a sip of the wine he considered whether it was as good as a fresh batch. Probably as good as anything that wasn't made on Yavin IV.

Seeing Shaisha appear brought a smile to his face. "So Lucinia Malveaux. Did you watch the Emperor's arrival today?"
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Shelzais Sek on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:45 am

Black, black, red, black... oh, gray, how very daring...

On the one hand, one didn't actually want to be too eye-catching when entering that most deadly awful of sentient inventions, the political soiree (even if it was a Tayana soiree, which redeemed it somewhat). On the other hand, if one wanted to look actively boring, what was the point in even leaving the house? Shelzais split the difference this evening in a gold-colored gown (gold is a neutral, you know!), not too sparkly.

She definitely needed a drink to get through this, and predictably, Tayana's cellar didn't disappoint. Knocking back a healthy gulp of something pale and bubbly, Shelzais took a good long look at the local wildlife.

--
please poke if you'd like to talk! Will snag someone later otherwise, when I have a minute.
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Postby Tyr on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:54 am

Speaking of wildlife, apparently they were letting animals in, as Tyr drifted close to the pureblood, glancing curiously at the dress. It stood out against all the black, and was rather wispy and impractical, to Tyr's mind. He grunted to Shelzais, which was about the extent of his training in being polite.
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:00 am

Lord Jo'ren Rath wrote:He chuckled. "Yeah, you could say that. I'm Lord Jo'ren Rath. Pleasure." Taking a sip of the wine he considered whether it was as good as a fresh batch. Probably as good as anything that wasn't made on Yavin IV.

Seeing Shaisha appear brought a smile to his face. "So Lucinia Malveaux. Did you watch the Emperor's arrival today?"

The eyebrow went higher up. "Lord Rath. A name that has crossed my ears more than once. How fascinating. The pleasure is mine, I'm sure."

Her pale green eyes glinted at the question. "I did, in fact. I could hardly miss the arrival of the most powerful Dark Side devotee in known history."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dayana Valthren on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:04 am

Lord Tenebrous wrote:Shaisha had found that one of the better ways to not blend into the furniture and wallpaper was to *gasp* wear something that wasn't black. And besides, her red skin looked great in a number of other colors too - black was hardly the only color a Sith was allowed to wear.

A Sith could wear whatever they damned well please.

So Lord Tenebrous arrived in an ensemble that ranged from soft creme color to a red deeper in color than her skin, accented with gold trimming. It kept to her favored style in that it still allowed for ease of movement and showing off her athletic figure.

---

OOC: Soon heading to bed, so please PM if approached.

"Lucinia Malveaux and Lord Rath. I wonder what they're speaking about," Dayana remarked, just like any standard gossip would. She swished the wine in her glass a bit and then smiled. "I highly doubt it would be one of them but I do wonder: who do you think will embarrass themselves today?"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Next

Return to Noble Estates