Linvar Support (D1, EM Torsin Estate)

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Linvar Support (D1, EM Torsin Estate)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Sylvain walked into the comm-room quietly and tapped in the communication line he desired. He stood dressed in his armor with a black mantle over his shoulders. He waited while the machine rang through to Moff Linvar's line...
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Linvar Support (D1, EM Torsin Estate)

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:34 pm

A portly man with short graying hair and handlebar mustache answered and grinned. He said, “Governor Torsin, how can this humble Moff be of assistance today?”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:39 pm

"Moff Linvar a pleasure to see you looking so well. I called to discuss a matter of some importance with you this morning. The condition of the Corporate Sector is of great concern to the Empire. We are losing far too many resources due to this plague. I was wondering what kind of effects you are seeing on your shipping lanes. As well as what procedures you are taking to prevent the spread of the disease." He replied in a formal fashion.
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:48 pm

“Oh, very little impact… very little, my Lord. It is a shame you are dealing with such troubles, I would be pleased if there was anything I could to help you,” he responded with the same cock sure grin.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:56 pm

He asked simply in reply, "So you are taking no precautions for the ships you are screening that pass through your checkpoints?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:02 pm

“Of course, I am taking precautions, those that pay the proper duty fees are redirected to less deserving ports,” he said with a wider smile.

“It seems your sector is in arears on these fees.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:46 pm

He nodded, “I assume you’ve heard that Dromund Kaas has experienced the arrival of the plague last month. One wonders how such a thing could be possible given your diligence in redirecting undesirable cargo to the places it belongs.”

He then added, “And I wonder how interested parties would feel about such predatory practices when it threatens the core systems of the Empire.”

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:59 pm

“I only do the will of Darth Hoshi, perhaps if those sectors were willing to pay their fair share then such things would not be happening. A shame, Darth Hoshi cares about the plight of the afflicted,” he said with his grin.

“But perhaps we can come to an arrangement, to benefit the Empire of course.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 pm

"Darth Hoshi is renown for her advocacy of those born of less than a privileged existence. It is my understanding, however, that the Council is finally being moved to action because of the spread to Dromund Kaas. I'd assume Darth Hoshi would mind very little offering a 'negligent' subordinate up as a token form of penance were the full weight of the council to frown on her activities. A Moff who pays more attention to his lining his pockets than he should will quickly find the well that he draws from to dry up. Your best move in my estimation is to produce results and diversify your support base. Dig other wells, so to speak. My system lies along the only hyperspace lane going to and coming from the Corporate Sector. With your help we could contain the stream of contamination... or at least direct it to areas where we can contain it." He replied.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 pm

He narrowed his eyes at the words and then said, “Perhaps we could be convinced of better uses of our forces but still resources are slim… and I do need domestics to free up my soldiers for more important tasks like securing the lanes… and Zygeria has a plentiful conscripted workforce.”

“Five thousand domestic slaves, and I am sure we can both benefit from the better patrolled supply lanes?” he offered.

OOC: It was not an insignificant number but it could be weathered by the slave guilds if it meant better access to supplies... they would be displeased but might see the bigger picture.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Sylvain pondered the offer for a moment before replying, "I am in the midst of a multi-faceted program to eradicate the plague from Zygerria. Offering a way forward for the region to get past this dilemma. I can get you the slaves... but in addition to exemptions from your fees, I will need something simple in return. To ensure that the slave guilds do not resist and waste precious time I will need some form of a gift to lessen their angst. I am assuming you are not willing to part with any of your monetary gains but tell me... do you have access to rare game that could be put to use in a fighting colosseum?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 pm

"I think we have a shipment that was lost in transit we could spare for such a purpose, strange how that happens," he said warmly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:07 pm

"Excellent. I'm sure the guilds will be quite pleased with this sudden swing of good fortune. Let me know what it was carrying when it was lost." He smiled in return.

"I look forward to working with you Moff Linvar. I do hope things go as they should. I hate it when good assets go to waste... or need to be repurposed."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 pm

"For the Empire, Governor, all for the Empire. I will have my people send along the requisite forms," he said.

He licked his lips with hunger and said, "And make sure there are ample twi'leks... I need replacements."
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 pm

"I will see to it." He said with a nod.

"For the Empire." He stated finally as he turned off the communicator.

As soon as the connection was cut a noise of disgust came from Sylvain's throat.

"Parasite!" He cursed aloud as he shook his head.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 pm

“Now you see the filth I have had to deal with for decades Sylvain… and still you betrayed me for wont of a smidge of power… I had such high hopes for you. I hope you don’t mind that I saw myself in,” Darth Baras replied as he entered the chamber.

“No need to bow.”

OOC: Flip a dark side for dramatic entrance.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Slyvain turned to watch Baras as he approached with a cool expression on his face, "I do not mind as long as this was the first room you came to. I thank you for exploiting a weakness in the defenses... Gives me something to fix."

He clasped his hands behind his back, "I came to the improper conclusion that you too were a parasite that I somehow could remove. An arrogant and foolish course of action to say the least. A difficult lesson learned... but one that you allowed me to learn by not extinguishing my life then and there."

He bowed his head in respect, "I thank you for that. What can I do for the Voice of the Emperor this morning?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:51 pm

“Security grid is glitching, a common malady with these systems. I was a spy long before I was feared as a dark lord, getting into places I should not was my specialty, Sylvain. I have no desire to explore your home than you wish for me to be in it but I saw an opportunity to make peace if such a thing can be possible between two Sith,” he said chuckling darkly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 pm

Sylvain chuckled through his nostrils once and nodded, "To what end? I can certainly see the advantages it poses to me. I am a man with few resources, tackling a problem far larger than myself. You are a man of considerable power and influence; there is much I could draw from to accomplish my aims... But it begs the question... What is it that you seek to draw from me?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:02 pm

“Darth Malgus on the one hand and the ambitions of your better half for another,” he offered cooly.
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Noble Estates