Delve Too Deep [D2LM]

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Delve Too Deep [D2LM]

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 am

With a glass of wine in hand, Lucinia sat down at the enormous desk in the study. A press of a button activated the console. Taking one more sip, she set the glass aside, ready to get to work.

Or so she thought. Is this thing still loading? The console began to emit a strange series of beeps, growls, and hums. Lucinia groaned, pressing her palm to her forehead. Just how slow was this connection, anyway?

Finally, the noises from the antique machine settled to a quiet hum. Leaning forward with a thoughtful frown, she began to search for any information on the system in question, especially the gas giant or the station. She would look through research work first, but if she had to go with more amateur information, she would.
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Re: Delve Too Deep [D2LM]

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 pm

OOC: Knowledge Outer Rim at hard with two setback or Underworld with the same difficulty.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Drascovina yawned, wearing a large shirt with a rainbow on it and what looked like fuzzy floppy eared slippers. She tried to peak over her sister’s shoulder and said, “Why are you awake being a nerd this early in the morning?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Lucinia frowned. "Work. That side of the console, if you would." She pointed at the chair on the far side of the desk with a frown, waving dismissively at her sister.

As she typed away, Lucinia frowned again. "It's rather late, actually. When do you get in?" The frown softened just a little. "If you need a hangover cure, I can make one up for you once I'm done with this."

The computer spat a refusal at her. "Drat." She murmured.

Morning research, leave me alone Drascovina!: 4eA+3eD+2eS 2 failures, 3 advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Advantage to find another lead on the info, perhaps?
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:08 pm

While she didn't manage to find the information she was looking for, she did find the name of one Lord Savas, on Korriban. Frowning with concentration, she composed a message to him:

My dear Lord Savas,

Greetings from Lucinia Malveaux of House Malveaux. I hope this communication finds you in good health and good spirits.

I am writing regarding a mutual interest. I am seeking information on a certain station in the Galthor system; I believe you know to what I am referring? I should dearly love to discuss it with you. Perhaps other things could be discussed as well; as an expert in the field of Sith lore, and a Sith myself, there is much I would enjoy discussing.

You may reach me either via comms or messenger, both in my signature. Please note, time is of the essence; as you know, patience does not become a Sith.

Regards,
Lady Lucinia Malveaux
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:08 pm

She slowly made her way to the other side and then said, “Keeping secrets now? If you can’t trust family then who can you trust? Besides looks boring anyways. Unless this is some project for Darth Acina then I want in… I mean I don’t care about impressing a Dark Councilor but I mean if it could be possible.”

“I have experience getting musty old things for musty old Sith.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:17 pm

"It's good practice, my dear." Lucinia said, smiling just a little. "Even on family, yes."

She looked briefly up from her work. "Oh, yes indeed." Lucinia laughed softly. "Sometimes it seems as though most of the academy is spent doing that, doesn't it?" Well, except for the torture and all. She looked back to her work. "Are you seeking to apprentice yourself to Darth Acina?"
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 pm

“Gross…no, she looks like… well you have seen her. But if she thinks well of me, then I could use that in the future,” she said honestly.

“Like maybe she should just have the good decency to die, I know I would if I looked like her.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:35 pm

"Hmmm..." Lucinia smiled, even as her green eyes narrowed. "A fine idea."

"Do remember, though, not to judge by appearances. Or rather, not by positive appearance." Lucinia clicked her tongue. "The Dark Side can certainly have unfortunate side effects on a person's appearance, but that means that they are powerful. Be cautious."

Her red lips quirked. "But then, some people are just old and ugly."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:41 pm

“The veiny side… I’ll pass, I want the power but I already have a full routine to maintain this beautiful skin,” she replied.

“So what are you working on… you know when you leave I am just going to have someone slice your computer if you try to keep me out because of course I will. So just tell me…” she said nonchalatantly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:45 pm

"Of course you will." Lucinia said. "And then I will fling every object in this house at you. Even the death portraits."

Smiling, she shook her head, her blonde hair swirling about. "I am looking into something for Lord Rath. A station in the Galthor system."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:57 pm

“Well that almost sounds interesting… dark secrets? Ancient relics? Sith secrets?” she asked.

“Secret military lab? Xenotechnology? Ancient xenotechnology?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:07 am

"That," Lucinia said, frowning as she typed, "-is what I am trying to figure out. My hope is that it will have at least a few of these. We shall see."

Briefly, she glanced up, green eyes looking impassively at her sister. "Just remember, this sort of thing depends on secrecy." And if Drascovina did reveal information, perhaps to gain favor with some Darth, she would have to be taught never to do so again.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:26 am

“I would never betray the family… well if they were to offer me a seat on the Dark Council maybe… but I would be desolated to do so. Besides it all sounds boring anyways, but if it is exciting, do keep me in the loop, in case you need my many and varied skills,” she said with a flip of her hair.

“I am hitting the beach today,” she said with an imperious attitude.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 am

A message is received:

Lucinia,

I have no spouse, I am not your dear anything. Since you asked, no I am not in good spirits. I have a canker on the inside of my cheek that stings and my arthritis is flaring up and walking is unbearably painful. I believe I have a large sore on the right cheek of my buttox, it has swelled over the past three days and may need to be lanced.

My spirits are satisfactory, but after reading your letter I felt a brief moment of despair. It has passed. Just like the stones that are passing through my system and will be painfully ejected from my body through my urinary track. I am alive, so my health is subpar.

I do not think we have any mutual interests, and if we do then I will change my interests immediately out of spite.

Since time is of the essence I will be napping furiously at any time you try to reach me. That was a joke, I can’t nap due to the sore on my buttox. It is pus ridden now, so my health has become even worse while writing this missive.

I have the information you seek. If this canker is not too bothersome, I may share it with you due to our mutual and wonderful relationship. Let me look at our previous letters of mutual admiration… I am seeing none.

Feel free to contact me, if I have not died as that letter was painful to read and even more trying to comprehend… then we may discuss this matter, and only this matter.

I don’t much care to share any more words than needed.

- Lord Savas
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 am

Lucinia laughed softly. "Is that so? Well, if you do sell out the family to gain a seat, do remember your dear sister, hmmm? Assuming I didn't die in the fallout." She flashed her sister a quick amused grin.

The amusement faded as she read the letter that arrived. Some people grew darker with anger, or perhaps redder. Lucinia grew even more pale than usual.

"Damn him... I'm making a call." Lucinia said, her voice a tight growl. Her fingers stabbed out, inputting numbers into the console. She hoped he bloody was trying to sleep when the call came in.
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 am

A masked Sith appears on the holo and spoke dryly, “Lucinia Malveaux.”

“My dearest long time friend, how long has it been?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 am

Lucinia stood, leaning over the holoprojector with narrowed eyes. "Lord Savas." She said, her normally somewhat melodic alto voice tight. "Shall we be brief? If you do me the favor of giving me the information I desire, I shall do us both the favor of letting you get back to oozing through various holes in your wretched body and dying."
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:41 am

“Do be specific, I am sure there is a great deal that I know that you do not,” he replied with a cough.

“But please continue with your petulance, I am sure that will motivate me.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 am

Lucinia fluttered her eyelashes. "Why Lord Savas, I was merely trying to keep the conversation as brief as possible, as you requested."

She sighed. "I seek information on the station orbiting Halthor in the Galthor system. It is my understanding that you have information on it."
Lucinia Malveaux

Next

Return to Noble Estates