I too am your apprentice [D7, LM]

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

I too am your apprentice [D7, LM]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Xyll arrived at Arya's estate, not too keen on whatever surveillance might be present at the tower officer instead, and presented herself to whatever servant or lesser apprentice was there to keep out the rabble.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Re: I too am your apprentice [D7, LM]

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:00 am

They direct her to Arya who was meditating in a circular chamber, she was not disguised.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:10 am

She approached, but did not immediately interrupt the meditating; giving Arya a chance to finish before she'd finally speak.

"Master," Xyll said, "the time is fast approaching."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:12 am

“Time is always fastly approaching, if you look closely you might even see it wave as it passes you by,” she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:18 am

She grimaced at that. "One should be so lucky. In any case, I was hoping for some of your guidance before that wave is sent our way. And I've learned of something that I might... ask you to weigh in on."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:26 am

"Tell me what you have learned," she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:38 am

"Two things actually," she said, "Possibly related, possibly not. First... you recall I asked for your aid in securing my permission to visit Old Ziost? I had discovered an untouched site there of interest that I wished to explore. But when I got there, I was met by the Emperor's personal guard, informing me that the site was off-limits. Not Old Ziost in general, but that site *specifically*. I found that odd, but considered it best to withdraw for the time being."

She allowed Darth Arya a moment to consider those words before Xyll continued.

"Secondly, during my studies to discover a way to undo what was done to me, I was told of one known as the Exile, and Darth Traya who guided her. I also learned that there was surprisingly little information on the Exile in imperial archives. Less than there ought to be. Investigating more closely, I discovered that the information had been wiped by the Emperor himself. I went to confront him about it. He was not exactly forthcoming, as you might imagine. He suggested that we might revisit the matter once the matter of the council seats was resolved, but perhaps he was just delaying."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:53 am

"The Emperor does not delay, but what you seek is probably beyond your grasp," she replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:57 am

"Perhaps. But what importance might that site have? And why would he seek to surpress knowledge of the Exile?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 pm

Xyll Vanth wrote:"Perhaps. But what importance might that site have? And why would he seek to surpress knowledge of the Exile?"

“It could be anything but whatever it is will serve his goals and only his goals. As for the Exile, I wopuld not know, perhaps she knew something or was involved in something the Emperor felt was dangerous or a threat to him,” she responded.

“The Exile died centuries ago around the time of Revan.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:08 pm

"Do you feel it worthwhile to take a closer look, master? If it serves the Emperor, and the emperor aims to end everything, us included..."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:20 am

“I have larger concerns, there will be no time to look into it before the fulcrum twists,” she said honestly.

“Feel free to pursue it to your leisure if we fail and you stay true to the Emperor.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:24 pm

"So, you *do* have something planned," she said, smiling. "And with others nonetheless. Do you still not trust me, master?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:27 pm

"I trust you will do what is best for you, if you are able but with your new token, you are a liability," she responded.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:13 pm

She looked down at the pendant in question.

"Do you know something about this trinket that I do not?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:07 pm

“It came from the Emperor, he does not gifts lightly and those he gives are to those he he believes loyal or will keep them loyal,” she said honestly.

“No power given, is done without consequence.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:47 pm

"Oh, indeed. He did say a thing or two about loyalty. But what worth is that if he'll suck my soul out along with the rest of you?"

She touched the pendant as she spoke.

"Trinkets like this are hardly worth it. But then, there *is* the promise of more, isn't there? And how am I to choose when you keep me in the dark? All I have is a vague promise of power on one side, and on the other side the vague hint of some kind of plan to keep this empire along the proper path."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Darth Arya sighed and said, "The monster you know is often more palatable than the one you do not. I don't have the answers you need in this moment, we all will have to choose... or have that choice made for us."
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:58 pm

She let out an annoyed hiss. "Fine, keep your secrets then. This is all just going to end up exactly the same way it did before, then. But be that as it may, I still require your guidance as per our arrangement. The Force answers my call more easily now, and I would have you aid me in unlocking more."

((guidance for mentor bonus))
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Dapper Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:15 pm

Darth Arya smiled and said, “It will not end exactly the same way, apprentice.”

OOC: She gives the guidance.
Dapper Dog

Next

Return to Noble Estates