Night Court [Day 8, Late Evening]

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Re: Night Court [Day 8, Late Evening]

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:50 am

Jo'ren nodded to his old classmate. "We did the impossible together. You have my support, and where I lead, the Rath's will follow."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am

“House Torsin was present at the beginning of the last Emperor’s reign. It is only fitting that we should be here to support the new one.”
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Remmington is naturally there as well. He gives everyone a smile and nod. "House Farro has always had and will continue to have my support."
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:38 pm

"You are all honored az firzt to anzwer zhe call of Houze Farro, und I zhank you greatly. Time, tradition, zheze zhingz ztabilize an Empire, a zociety ewen. Ve do not hawe zheze zhingz under zhiz new order, zo, vor now, ve borrow vrom zhe old until ve can correct zhe courze of zhe Empire'z zpirit. I hawe abnegated mozt of zhe ruling pover to zhe new Emprezz-regent, Darzh Arya, zo I may vocuz on zhiz blight of zhe zpirit vhich may perwade zhe Empire."

"I vill, in time, mowe mein baze of pover to Korriban vhere I can revorm zhe academy, change zhe teachingz of vuture Zith, zhat zhey may be better ztudentz of zhe Dark Zide. May our armiez v'one day be led by great Zith zorcererz, cabalz of myzticz to make Naga Zhadow proud, to return zhe Empire to itz zpiritual glory. I hope I can hawe your zupport in zhiz endeawor."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:16 pm

"I have pledged my loyalty to four emperors and empresses. Three of them had my loyalty unto death. The fourth stood in the way of a genuine Sith empire. The fifth is the first installed through my hands, and it has cost me more than you can know. I don't intend to let my decision be a waste by rejecting it now."

She trusted that should prove a sufficient declaration of support.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Jo'ren shrugged. "Long as they can fight. Sorcery's great, but sometimes you just gotta be able to take a lot of punishment."
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:42 pm

"It vaz zhrough zorzery und alkhemy zhat zhe ancient Zith nearly claimed zhe galaxy long ago. Let zoldierz vight und die vor zhe Empire, zhe Zith are more zhan vodder, zhey are generalz. Zhe vay of zhe lazer-zword iz ewer engrained into our being. You need not vorry it vill parizh, Lord Razh, you hawe zhown itz pover time und time again. But newer again zhall it be taught to zhe detriment of v'one'z zudiez in zhe Forze. It iz vhat makez uz Zith, und zhrough zhe Forze ve vere, und zhall be, zet free."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:18 pm

"It is our heritage, this knowledge, and it has fallen to the wayside. It was Sith Alchemy that allowed for the Jen'jidai's union with the original Sith. Exar Kun used it on Yavin IV to create terrifying beasts of war," Shaisha tilted her head proudly. Jun-Tsu after all knew her intentions regarding bringing back such teachings.

"It will be a restoration of knowledge lost to most. Knowledge will go hand in hand with saber-skills, as it was before."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:53 pm

"The ways of Sith Sorcery extend well beyond alchemical creations," she said, "my old master could command illusions on vast scales you can not even comprehend. The ability to conjure an entire fleet of warships to frighten one's enemies is much more useful in matters of war than a lightsabers or two. But I must also agree with Lord Rath's sentiment. It would be foolish to focus the education of all on matters of sorcery. Let those who have talent for the lightsaber focus on that, and those that have talent for sorcery focus their efforts there. Anything else weakens us."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Remmington Thalalas on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:12 pm

"If there is power to be had. It will be a waste not to grab at all forms of it that we can. Also to better align with the unique talents and natural prowess of individuals." Remmington thinks for a moment.

"Perhaps we can start a generic training program for those young of age. I believe that having a basic knowledge about everything at the beginning will broaden the minds and abilities of the students. Then as they get older they can branch out and personalize their training to what suits them best?" He offers as a suggestion. "With more students we can probably cover various topics and areas of research to improve in. Both old and new." He continues pondering.

"Then maybe for the graduation have a tournament for the students to display the fruits of their years of study. Keeping maybe the top 8 or something like that?"
Sith | Human | Fallen Sith Line | Mechanic | Duelist | Charming | Honourary Fett | Monolith Slayer | Exp 2
"The nail that sticks out shall be hammered down."

Carries: Backpack, Comlink (Handheld), Datapad, Glow Rod, Laminate Armour [Mandalorian], Lightsaber - Gram, Load-Bearing Gear, Respirator, Scanner Goggles, Spacesuit, Utility Belt

Ship: Skidbladnir. Ally
Remmington Thalalas

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:25 pm

"I leawe ztructure und implementation to zhe academy counzil, vhich vill be changed. Hovewer, it iz true zhat training muzt begin young. Immediate teztz for zkill in zhe Forze muzt be miniztered to each child, zhe moment aptitude iz vound, zhey muzt begin inztruction by zhe Zith."

With a scan of the assembly she allowed her next words to have an understanding but heavy weight, "Zuch a zhift in zhe admittance to zhe Zith academy vill be conzerning to zome vithin zhe Empire. But I know many of you hawe zionz of your own houzez who hawe zkill in zhe Forze. Iv you were to be zhe virzt to zupport zhiz change, und allow your children to be inztructed in zheze new lezzonz, to learn zhe artz Houze Farro haz kept aliwe vor millennia, it vould greatly eaze many mindz on zhe zubject."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:33 pm

Shaisha scowled at Remmington. "You suggest turning the Sith training into some form of entertainment? This is just mockery of our heritage and history."

She crossed her arms as she listened to Jun-Tsu. "The life of the Academy would have to change drastically before we commit our daughter to such training - young children killing eachother is nowhere to start to build trust in a new Empire, for one." The life for a student on Korriban these days was rather deadly, after all.

"And I disagree with the idea that students personalize this training. If we want to bring back a stronger focus to the traditional arts - sorcery and saber - then it's not by letting students branch away as they feel like."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 pm

"I agree, zpecialization und aptitude vill come naturally und variouz ztudiez vill lead to ozher ztudiez, but ve muzt not let our ztudentz zhink zhat juzt becauze zhey do not hawe aptitude or zhat it iz challenging zhat zhey may ignore zuch training. Zhey vill be vorged into great Zith, vorthy of zhe name, by zheir graduation."

"Und I imagine, zhe ztructure of training vor zhe wery young vill be much divverent zhan zhat of zhe zenior ztudent. I can promize no comvort, I cannot promize kizzez und affection. Vhat I do promize iz zhat zhey vill be trained und tezted by meazurez to be determined, appropriate to zheir age, und vill grow in complexity und difficulty until ve hawe made zhem into true Zith, zhough, at timez, in zhe later yearz of zheir training, zhey may hawe to vaze zhe pozzibility of deazh vithin zheir training. Not mindlezz, pointlezz deazh for an uncaring Empire, but vor zhe zake of zheir own growzh. To vaze zhat vhich v'one vearz und learn to transcend. All Zith artz are inherently dangerouz. Lightzaberz, zorcery, alkhemy, any of zheze can, vhithout care, be deweztating, ve know zhiz."

"But ve learn zhrough experience, und knowledge zhat our betterz know how to inztruct in zuch matterz. I began inztruction vith mein vamily in alkhemy und zorcery only zlightly older zhan Vas-Tsu iz now. Ve vere taught chemiztry, und lore of zhe Forze. V'one learnz ozher lezzonz bevore v'one iz inztruted in higher truzh. Zo it vill be at zhe Academy, vith your zupport."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Xyll Vanth on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:21 pm

"The academy always seemed somewhat pointless to me. Greatness will rise with or without such a place. It is not for them that such places exist, even if they may benefit. They're there for the mediocre to be trained into competence. You expect too much. If you imagine you will forge greatness with some formalized curriculum or whatever philosophy of teaching, you will only be dissappointed."

She shrugged.

"But do what you will with them, it is no concern of mine."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:24 pm

"Und you vould zee Zith trained how zhen? Or not at all und juzt pray natural zkill vill out?" Jun-Tsu's tone was curious, open to consideration. Nothing was set in stone and the chance to mold the future of the Empire lay before them.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:47 pm

Jaheem listened to the various arguments and ideas about how to instruct new Sith "How will the weak be culled in this new academy? I do not think the current system is perfect but it does at least make sure that those who are weak do not continue to spread their weakness through the Empire. Only the best should be Sith."
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Lord Rath threw in his two credits. "Even Exar Kun started out with a training saber. Structure needn't mean stagnation." He nodded in agreement with Jaheem's point.
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Jun-Tsu nods, "Zhat iz true."

Then she gestured away the matter, "But I do not wizh to be bogged down in minutae tonight. It haz been lezz zhan tvelve hourz zince ve changed, vorewer, zhe ztructure of zhe Empire. I zpeak now of zhoughtz long held, hopevul zolutionz, und broad ztructurez vhich ve all know need revormation. I hope to zee zheze changez zlowly implemented ower yearz, vizh more zhan juzt zhe eight of uz here, creating in v'one ewening a whole curriculum, mertorious scale, exam ztructure, und zo forzh."

"I zhare vith you mein wizion, mein hope, zhe goal at vhich I take aim. If it be impractical or impozzible, outdated or outmoded, zhen it muzt be changed, but iv ve zhy avay because it vill be difficult to try, or too many conzernz arize, zhoze are not true impedimentz. I do it becauze it iz a vorzhy challenge."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Shaisha nodded her agreement with Jaheem and Jo'ren. Furthermore, in agreement to Jun-Tsu's vision.

"You know it was my intention to see a change to the way the Sith are trained, so you have my support, Dark Mother," she added softly.

"Teaching is not my future though. Reformations I am happy to support, but..." she looked to Jo'ren and back to Jun-Tsu, "at least I think I need some time to decide where I will land in this great upheaval. Vitiate might be gone, even if I still hear his echoes... but we might need to turn some eyes elsewhere, to tread his path and unravel whatever dangers he might have left behind that could be a threat to the new future."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:26 pm

"I plan to do much the same as I have done in the past. I will hunt down and root out Sith who practice Heresy or work against our new Empress and Empress regent. I imagine there will be many conservatives who will push back against this new reign. Not publically of course but secretly, I would hunt these dissidents for you, put my skills to good use."
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

PreviousNext

Return to Noble Estates