Bar-ely Living (D9 ME Torsin Estate)

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Bar-ely Living (D9 ME Torsin Estate)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 am

Sylvain waited quietly on the balcony looking over the city in the cold air. He looked over the destruction and the flitting about of transports and spacecraft as the city began to make its long journey back towards glory. A droid opened the door from behind him along with his guest. He bowed deeply to his former master before turning back towards the city.

"I hope you don't mind the cold for a few moments... Just looking out over the city for a moment."
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Bar-ely Living (D9 ME Torsin Estate)

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 am

"Cold does not deter me," he said in response.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:58 am

"There is very little that can deter you, is there?" He asked rhetorically as he looked out over the city some more.

"I leave for Dromund Kaas tomorrow evening. I wished to touch base with you one more time before departing since you now occupy a position close to the Empress-regent's ear... and I would enjoy your help in my aims... So I seek to align them with the new powers that be." He started.

"After my wife's funeral I will depart from Dromund Kaas and I will be returning back to Zygerria for the time being. It is my intent to convince Moff Linvar to stay where I have him placed... and realize the foolish inclination to follow Hoshi into exile would be most unwise for him. I also intend to rally a portion of the followers of Malgus to my cause to help reconstitute a reliable production line from the Outer Rim systems..."

"I have, in conjunction with Raela Ausar, discovered a cure for the plague that currently besets the Outer Rim. I will be producing it in whatever factories I am able to acquire from the remnants of Malgus' base and strategically dispersing it to those whose allegiance is to the Empress-regent and her new Empire... Recent events have thrown a wrench into the logistical machine which empowers our military... I intend to utilize the fleets of Moff Linvar and Moff Nuwazi to open back up the circulatory flow of the outer extremities and bring vitality back to the center."

"Lord Grathan poses a potential threat to this reconstitution... He is known to have a rather strong independent streak... His systems suffer from the plague and their allegiance could be bought with the cure I possess... His presence, however, could deter some of them from properly integrating into the new institutions set up by the Empress-Regent."
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:19 pm

“Grathan is a thorn but a wealthy one and his factories supply Darth Marr’s forces… well the Empress’ forces now. It is one of her reforms to separate the military from individual Sith, we shall see how well that works but that is the plan going forward,” he stated.

“You want him dealt with, I would not mind seeing him humbled but at the same time he is also useful to long term strategic plans.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:54 pm

"I merely see a potential threat to the flow of production towards the Empire's military... If he is vital then I have no qualms with the man." Sylvain replied.

"I will adjust my aims accordingly. Senseless infighting does us no good at this juncture."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:59 pm

"All are expendable under the right conditions, but he has important friends and connections," Baras replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:19 pm

"A fortunate man he is then... reliable friends are a rare commodity." He replied as the air propelled from his mouth formed a frosty cloud in front of him.

"I have very few of those left. One is in your... employ... I wonder what you have planned for her? Assuming she survives Korriban."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Baras said nothing in reply to that point. He allowed a moment of thought and said, “You will have plenty to deal with as I suspect the outer regions will prove to be an early challenge for this new regime. Hoshi will not simply bow to good sense.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:30 pm

He let out a breath through his nostrils before nodding, "I know not my place in this new regime... but if I am needed in the Outer Rim, then that is where I shall serve. Those who do not bow shall be made to kneel."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:32 pm

“We are past kneeling; the Empress does not give mercy a second time. Hoshi will have to die,” Baras said stroking his chin.

“Worlds are going to burn.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:36 pm

"Then her kneeling shall be before the executioner." Sylvain replied.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Baras nodded in agreement at those words as it was obviously on his mind. He said, “She will get what she has earned, but it will be costly.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm

"Never was anything great achieved without danger. But there will need to be better coordination in the military. Divided, the various forces of the Empire will be unwilling to commit to such a difficult task."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 pm

Baras replied, "We shall see, I have no doubt of victory, only the cost of achieving it."

"Maturity suits you, or perhaps resignation of age and experience, I have yet to determine which. All the same for the near future I will be conducting business from Kaas City, though I doubt the Empress-Regent will have me be idle."
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:46 pm

He tilted his head, "I'm not quite sure either... It's merely a greater understanding of my place in the Empire. Both the precarious aspects of my methodologies... and the areas where I can offer support. Pain is a powerful teacher. If I had not shown any progress by now... I'm afraid I'd not be worth this cold air I'm breathing."

He straightened up a bit and added, "After I complete my objectives in the Outer Rim I too plan on returning to Kaas City. My daughters are better served by greater access to the options for growth and development in the core worlds. Working beneath you did not bring the most fruitful results... but perhaps one day there will be opportunity to work alongside you were you to have need."

He paused for a moment, "There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things... Despite your new position I hope your skepticism of those in power never changes... and that we can find opportunities to correct issues that may arise in the days ahead for this new regime."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:56 pm

“Then you have learned something over the years, more so than me. Survival is a dangerous game among the Sith, and allegiances shift like water, your enemy yesterday may be your only means of survival for another. The only trick I have found is to make oneself more valuable alive than dead,” he said in response.

He glanced to Sylvaian and said, “There are a great many friends who smile in face and wish me dead in the same breath, but they either lack the power to do so or the courage to face the world without me keeping the broken wheels greased and moving.”

He let a cold breath and said, “I will be going, perhaps in the future our children can be peers. Then a whole new game will be upon us.”

“I will see what I can do to make Grathan cooperative, but I offer no promises as I focus my efforts on Hoshi.”

He turned to go.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:08 am

"Our children? You have a child?" He turned his head to look at Baras as he asked.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:09 am

Sylvain Torsin wrote:"Our children? You have a child?" He turned his head to look at Baras as he asked.

On the way out he said, "I will."

/scene
Dapper Dog

Return to Noble Estates