Halp! (D10, EA)

Residential areas of the wealthy, powerful, and well connected

Halp! (D10, EA)

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:34 am

Taking a break from overseeing the preparations for the celebrations later that day, Shaisha headed over to Vowrawn's estates. To see how her master was doing after his #nearlydied and well... for advice.

Kriff... I'm so not ready to have an apprentice.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Re: Halp! (D10, EA)

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 am

Vowrawn was seated in his parlor looking at a Datapad a serious if relaxed look on his face as he read what looked like reports. He does not look up as he says, “Apprentice, what brings you to my lair?”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 am

"First, to see how you're recovering, master," she began honestly, "you seem to have recovered well from your brush with death, and I assume you are pleased with the fallout of things?"

"Secondly," a sharp intake of breath, "your advice."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 pm

“I am alive and well and still capable of being a thorn in the side of my friends and allies, all in all I think I survived this particular momentous change with my usual flair and acumen. Now advice is dangerous my dear, but if there is one thing have an infinite abundance of it would be opinions and advice, usually bad, but advice all the same,” he said with mild amusement.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:56 pm

As always, he managed to bring at least a smirk to her features.

"The trouble that I need advising on is that I find myself in a bit of a pickle; someone has approached me with the intention that I take them on as my apprentice. And well, they were rather insistent on the selling points of their worth as my apprentice... it almost gave me a flashback to when I approached you years ago for the same reason."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm

“You’re. Lord now, it seems only right that you attract lesser Sith who wish to attach themselves to your ambition and vision,” he responded.

“Why the fear?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:23 pm

"It's not fear as such... more that I've never been a mentor or a teacher to anyone before," she admitted. "What was it like for you, with your first apprentice? What mistakes did you learn from there?"

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:36 pm

“An apprentice is trouble but useful trouble, they will come to rely on you for guidance and power and will also rightly plot your demise and even work against you when they get bold enough. Seems like too much trouble but they are a symbol of power, skilled apprentice can greatly extend you reach,” he said in a rambling manner.

“Mistakes… expect that they will not always do things as you wish them to be done and that in the end they will do what is best for them more so than what you believe is best for them. Like children.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:43 pm

She sighed deeply. "As if being a parent for a toddler wasn't enough."

"Guess I will just have to take that chance on the unknown then. Much like having a kid." Shaisha smile was dry for a few moments before she chuckled. "Was I really that insufferable as an apprentice?"

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 pm

“Every apprentice on some level is insufferable, but the good ones tend to make those rough edges worth it in the long run… until the eventual betrayal or the moment they decide they have learned all they need from you,” he responded thoughtfully.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:02 pm

"Doesn't seem like anyone's managed to get the best of you there yet," she mused light-heartedly. "Though I shall have to assume I made it worth it in the long run then."

The smile she flashed showed a little bit more than usual of her white sharp teeth. "And besides, you are still of great use to me master. There is still much I have to learn, and a Sith that has lived through as much as you have picked up enough useful tricks."

"And well, who else would throw the best parties where we viciously un-invite those we don't like."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:10 pm

“Oh my dear, flattery will always entertain me,” he said.

“Just think, this is only the beginning. Your successes will only garner more scrutiny and coveting eyes that will want to attach themselves to you. The more you win, the more you will have more would be apprentices seeking your attentions.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:16 pm

The mere idea of it made her slump down in her seat more.

"Oh joys," she said with obvious sarcasms dripping from her words. "There's no guarantee that I can always be around to keep an eye on my apprentice, or apprentices. Could I trust you to do so in my place, if needed? After all, I see no reason to not continue an amiable working relationship as my star rises and you enjoy your luxurious retirement."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 pm

"Oh I always have tasks that need doing," he replied.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm

"Something young and aspiring apprentices can gladly help out with," she grinned. Like visiting Hoth. Ooohohohohoho.

"You continue to be the best, my master."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:24 pm

"My dear, I never stopped," he said in reply.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 pm

"Truly, you are the best," she chuckled, visibly relaxing with that out of the way.

"Now, what's the latest gossip these days?"

/fade to gossip-scene?

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56 pm

/all the gossip
Dapper Dog

Return to Noble Estates