[EE0 - The Caff Hound] War Stories

Commercial region of New Adasta of shops, boutiques, and fine dining

[EE0 - The Caff Hound] War Stories

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:28 am

It was only a small coffee shop. But it had a patio. The Mandalorian Armor was off, switched for a uniform. Even still, his blaster was comfortably holstered, even with the bulky grapnel attachment making it look larger than it was.

A cup of caff steamed in front of him, as Tyber read through reports on a datapad.

He wondered inwardly how much off-duty time he would actually have for the duration.

Take it when you can get it.
Imperial Military
Skip Tracer | Gadgeteer | Expert Tracker | Street Smart | Intimidating | Good Cop | Tough
Carries: Specialized Mandalorian Armor
Heavy Combat: Jetpack
Languages: Basic, Mando'a
Lt. Tyber Rook

Re: [EE0 - The Caff Hound] War Stories

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 am

A lanky figure in nondescript white civilian clothes is making their way past the patio, on one side she's flanked by a stocky Chiss woman hurriedly typing at a datapad and on the other a severe looking businesswoman with a dragon tattoo running down her arm.

There's a quiet tinkling as the figure's row of service medals occasionally bumps against a small gold pin with the Czerka logo.

"And of course N'Zzi you are not to talk to anyone unless......" She arches an eyebrow with a smirk at her intern

The Chiss quickly consults her datapad"Unless uh...they speak to me?"
"Mmmmhm, buuuuuut."
The intern flushes slightly and glances back at her pad
"Unless they're a Sith or something, then I should just look meek and not make eye contact."
Her boss beams while the severe woman rolls her eyes and starts make a call on her comms. It's hard to make out but she's apparently talking about explosives.
The Czerka Corp Rep | Human | Strictly Neutral | Decorated Veteran
| Always looking for a sale | Sharpshooter | Has an intern!|
Jan Melmoar

Postby Rowan Camwen on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 am

The young man that approached the coffee shop was clearly a tourist, taking a moment to gawk at every available shop as he approached. A cursory glance looked over the crowd already present and pondered if this was an appropriate place for a break from his own exploration.

He went through the routine of placing an order while trying to secure a table to look over his own data pad.

His first sip of the Caff was met with a wrinkle of disgust, and he set his cup down.
Human ◈ Imperial ◈ Noble ◈ Seeking Career ◈ Tourist

Carries: A small courier bag with various daily needed items
Rowan Camwen

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:13 am

There as a moment, as Tyber looked up from his pad, to get the feeling for the ebb and flow of the crowd in the caff shop. Something that always came to him naturally.

Then, he saw someone. Or thought he saw someone. A face he could recognize from an early assignment. Fresh out of the academy.

"Cap... Major!" He stood from his chair, tucking the pad beneath his arm, and walking over to the woman and her entoruage.

"All kinds of faces showing up on Ziost. Didn't expect to ever see yours." He offered a small smile, and a raised eyebrow. "Civilian life seems to have treated you well."
Imperial Military
Skip Tracer | Gadgeteer | Expert Tracker | Street Smart | Intimidating | Good Cop | Tough
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:There as a moment, as Tyber looked up from his pad, to get the feeling for the ebb and flow of the crowd in the caff shop. Something that always came to him naturally.

Then, he saw someone. Or thought he saw someone. A face he could recognize from an early assignment. Fresh out of the academy.

"Cap... Major!" He stood from his chair, tucking the pad beneath his arm, and walking over to the woman and her entoruage.

"All kinds of faces showing up on Ziost. Didn't expect to ever see yours." He offered a small smile, and a raised eyebrow. "Civilian life seems to have treated you well."

Jan turns, mirroring his eyebrow raise with one of her own

"...Lieutenant....."Ah! "Rook?"
Her face transforms into a genuine smile....it still looks vaguely predatory.
"Not expecting me dear? Just because it's been what....six years? I thought they taught us to expect anything?"
She waves the other two women away, the one on comms doesn't appear to have even looked up at the display.
"And civilian life is.....well it has its small perks. Real food, real beds, nobody has tried to shoot me in a few months...little perks."
Waving a long hand at Rook's abandoned table
"You wouldn't mind me joining? I'm sure you have a few tales for me." Left unspoken was the question of his Mandolorian slowed career

She observes Rowan drinking caff out of the corner of her eye and smirks slightly at the tourist's reaction.
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:41 am

"Not at all, Major." He nodded, pulling a chair out at his table for her, before sitting down himself. "They taught us to be prepared. Never said anything about expectations." A slight laugh, as he set the pad back down, and off to the side.

"That is correct, ma'am. Six years since I was brought in on that bug hunt to reacquire your lost assets. Took some time to clean the gunk from my jetpack after, but just another day in service." He allowed his hands to rest on the table.

"Except when it's being kept busy pushing pencils for req orders, or keeping the armory in tip top shape. Not a lot can change for me." A hint of something, not quite malaise or defeat, but... something.

"Your combat report is what got me up to Lieutenant. After that... you know the game."
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:49 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:Snip

She settles herself opposite before purloining another seat to rest her feet on.

"...Well shit, Rook." her fingers drum for a few moments on the table.

"You handled yourself just fine back then, newbie enthusiasm and all. I meant that reccomendation, these days I get paid to say all sorts of things, but I meant that."
drum drum drum

"And now they've got you on admin."
Drum drum drum. A 'Bullshit' went unsaid

"Still too damn stubborn to go private? More than a few with your background at Czerka, you know you'd have one hell of a career in corporate."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:01 am

He shook his head. "No ma'am. I am Mando'ade. A warrior, a soldier. Just like my kin, and my forebears. Was never in this for glory. Save the kind that you find in battle. This new detail I'm on, it's a good assignment. A lot of discretionary leeway." He smiled, before taking a sip from his caff.

"Not that there is anything wrong with the private sector. It's just not what I'm meant for."
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:05 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:He shook his head. "No ma'am. I am Mando'ade. A warrior, a soldier. Just like my kin, and my forebears. Was never in this for glory. Save the kind that you find in battle. This new detail I'm on, it's a good assignment. A lot of discretionary leeway." He smiled, before taking a sip from his caff.

"Not that there is anything wrong with the private sector. It's just not what I'm meant for."

She shrugs broadly, her long arms flying out to her sides.
"I offered, truly I did." And then she chuckles "Worth a shot, I offer a lot of things now."

She flags down a waiter and orders the most expensive drink on the menu....the private sector was definitely meant for her.

"Well I hope you find that glory somewhere...preferably the kind you get to enjoy afterwards too."
Eyebrows wiggling
"But whatever is this new detail? Discretionary leeway? My my, has the Empire changed so much?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 am

He smiled, shrugging. "As long as I lived to the ideals od my people and the order and stability of the Empire? That's good enough for me. But I appreciate your well wishes for glory all the same, Major."

The cup was set down, arms folded across his uniform. "Lot of VIPs coming through. Means extra security and someone who knows how to get things done discretely is needed. Sometimes, you get called to the right place at the right time."
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:28 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:He smiled, shrugging. "As long as I lived to the ideals od my people and the order and stability of the Empire? That's good enough for me. But I appreciate your well wishes for glory all the same, Major."

The cup was set down, arms folded across his uniform. "Lot of VIPs coming through. Means extra security and someone who knows how to get things done discretely is needed. Sometimes, you get called to the right place at the right time."

"Oh yeah....something about the Dark Council."
Eyes twinkling
"I hadn't heard. Although it strikes me that this could be an....important opportunity to build up public-private partnerships. I mean, if Czerka can be of course to the Empire, then shouldn't it be?"

Raising her hands to forestal any protestations
"All completely above board of course, but I'm just saying, if the good guys need some support, it's something I might be able to swing."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:11 pm

There was a wry smile that crept along his face. Brushinf back a loose curl of hair, the Mandalorian leaned forwards. "Actually, I have a coincidence for you. It might not be as glamorous as the higher ups, but..." he raised an eyebrow.

"There's a unit stationed here, they're about to be shipped out, but they don't get a lot of support, and their new assignment had a good shot at thinning them out." He sipped from his coffee.

"Bex Company. Their equipment requisitions get lost in the ahuffle, and I've heard all of their gear is being held together with hopes and dreams and the ingenuity of one of their own."
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:55 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:Snip

That makes her eyes light up.

"Those poor....poor soldiers. So they'll be needing military grade equipment on short notice?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 am

"Yes, ma'am. Arms, field armor. Equipment. If there's anything you can do, I would consider it a favor." He sat up straighter, catching her eyes. "And if we can get them to be an elite force with out help, I am sure the Empire would.find favor with Czerka's involvement."
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:46 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:"Yes, ma'am. Arms, field armor. Equipment. If there's anything you can do, I would consider it a favor." He sat up straighter, catching her eyes. "And if we can get them to be an elite force with out help, I am sure the Empire would.find favor with Czerka's involvement."

Jan strokes her chin for a few moments, humming loudly.

"I suppose I could always reroute some transports...hypothetically speaking."
She raises an eyebrow back at him.

"I can't promise anything Rook but....well some favour would be nice, and it is for a good cause so...."
Very wide shrug
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 am

"I completely understand. Any help at all would be appreciated." He nodded in response. "Who knows, this qorks out, and you'll have helped me climb up another rank." He had to laugh at that.

He knew how the Brass felr about Mandalorians.
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:"I completely understand. Any help at all would be appreciated." He nodded in response. "Who knows, this qorks out, and you'll have helped me climb up another rank." He had to laugh at that.

He knew how the Brass felr about Mandalorians.

"I'll make a captain of you yet. Providing for some misbegotten soldiers is only the first step.......they do have credits, right?"
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:52 pm

"I have a feeling that the unit coffers are low, given the reputation of Bex Company. But my direct superior has a lot of pull. I could speak with her, see what can be scrounged up." He pursed his lips, looking away for a moment.
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Postby Jan Melmoar on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:53 am

Lt. Tyber Rook wrote:"I have a feeling that the unit coffers are low, given the reputation of Bex Company. But my direct superior has a lot of pull. I could speak with her, see what can be scrounged up." He pursed his lips, looking away for a moment.

"I don't mean to be crude but....no funds means more fuss. Big difference between a company getting some guns at a discount and a company finding a bunch of rifles fell of a speeder."

Clicking her tongue

"Still, if there were other forms of repayment....."
Jan Melmoar

Postby Lt. Tyber Rook on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 pm

"I understand completely." Dejected, he leaned back against his seat, raising his mug. Drinking deeply from the caff, raised an eyebrow at her statement.

"What do you mean, Major?"
Imperial Military
Lt. Tyber Rook

Return to Golden Promenade