Nothing Like Korriz (D1, MA)

Commercial region of New Adasta of shops, boutiques, and fine dining

Nothing Like Korriz (D1, MA)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:42 am

Sylvain waited at the set location for his guest to arrive. His ship was parked a short distance away allowing for his tour of the capital to go wherever it needed to go, but for him the Golden Promenade served as an excellent place to begin the tour of New Adasta. He was especially interested to hear the opinion of his guest on this kind of opulence...

He waited in his specialized Jal Shey Armor with his eyes set looking for the darkest woman in the crowd...
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Nothing Like Korriz (D1, MA)

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:00 am

That would be extremely difficult as Jun-Tsu sped over the gathering in her luxury transport, generously donated by Lord Orethion for her stay. With her valet driving, she let out a small sigh as she looked over the crowd. She had not realized how much she would miss the quiet of Korriz when not attending one of the gatherings at a noble demense. She looked over at Vas-Tsu then back out the transport window.

There was a gradual shift as their driver began to land.

Before Sylvain a stately black vehicle descended with obvious skill. With a ginger landing, an attendant exited and opened the transport aperture. From the interior stepped the shrouded figure that, while more fully in the bloom of her adulthood was still the young woman, Sylvain had met those four years ago.

"Ser Torsin," she offered a bow, the hint of a smile toying with the corner of her lips. "But no....not ser, Lord," she corrected. "Lord Mordax, now. How vonderful to zee your ztar rize."
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:08 am

Vas-Tsu followed and stood at her mother’s side and said, “Mama, Lord Mordrax iz zo bright… it hurts my eyes… he waz darker when ze Red Queen held him close to her chest.”

“Now too bright. Bright like ze one that seeded me... ”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:58 am

"My star is still rather dark I'm afraid my dear friend. I am known much better by the small position I occupy as a governor of a beleaguered planet in the Outer Rim. My given name will work perfectly fine Lady Farro."

He looked down at the child accompanying Jun-tsu and nodded, "This must be your daughter. I heard of her from an old acquaintance of ours. Zash's apprentice... before he ascended to greater heights.... Zeno Deathwright."
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:06 pm

Jun-Tsu rose, her face falling back to a stoic mask, though it was obvious that the name Sylvain spoke still carried some weight, even after all these years. She merely nodded, "Zhis iz Vas-Tsu Farro."

She crouched down, her robes further spilling out around her, "Mein dahrling, vill you be all right amid zhe bright light? Vould you prever to go back to zhe temple? Mama can zend for you vhen ve go to zee zhe emperor."

There was an odd tenderness between the two, distinctly at odds with the more primal moments Sylvain had seen of the backwater witch. Then again, even nature could be kind to its brood, as well as cruel.
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:06 pm

Sylvain watched the exchange with a soft smile on his lips and waited for the child to give her answer.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:12 pm

She just frowned and then clutched her mother leg as if trying to hide herself.

"Fear..." she hissed softly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Jun-Tsu turned from Sylvain, posing herself between her child and the Sith Lord. Then crouching down, she looked into the child's eyes. For a moment, there was silence, the witch gently petting the girl's hair. Then there was a look back at Sylvain, as though appraising him. It was a look that Jun-Tsu had worn often back when they first met.

Then back to her daughter she nodded softly and gave a kiss to her forehead. "One must be strong against the light, like waking up in a bright room. You must peer into the light, allow your eyes to adjust....better to see what things lurk there."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:59 pm

Sylvain smiled and nodded at Jun-tsu's comments, "Your mother is right young one. I assure you... that even in the brightest of places there is always darkness. Overcoming the light will help you understand the dark and find it even when it appears banished for good."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:02 am

She frowned and then and nodded and approached Sylvain slowly and said, “Your mother is beautiful… she reminds me of mein… vhen you see her can you give her dis?”

She reaches into her little robe and pulls out a punch dagger sharp and gleaming the handle made of ebon wood streaked with crimson.

“Ze Raven needs it, more zhan I do. I vill miss it, it cuts cake very well.”

She added, “Don’t worry I have another…”
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:23 am

Sylvain nodded and crouched down to the little girl's height. He examined it in her hand for a moment before reaching out and taking it gently. "I will. Will she know what she needs it for?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:25 am

"Not yet, but she will," she said sweetly.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:27 am

"Time rewealz how zheze zhingz are needed, by her....or by you." Jun-Tsu approached behind her child. "Vas-Tsu can see many zhingz."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:31 am

"I can see that." He smiled and stood up straight.

"I was under the impression that she is a special child from what was told to me... It is something special to see it in person. My children do not possess this same ability, that is for sure."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dapper Dog on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:35 am

She rushed back to her mother, once again just bravely peeking out from behind her legs.
Dapper Dog

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:38 am

"I zpoke, az you vill recall, many timez about zhe vays of mein family. Zhe rituals, zhe artz of conzeption, the protectionz und vorkz done upon zhe expectant muter. I ewen told you about zhe need for the vater to be cleansed, purified in our vayz before conzeption. Zhat zhe two may unite in zhe Umbră-Ușoară."

Jun-Tsu gazed down at her daughter, "Vas-Tsu iz wery zpecial, but I zaid before....zhe Dark Zide iz ztrong vith mein line, und ve are avakened to zhe Umbră-Ușoară wery young. Vas-Tsu....ewen before zhat."

Looking to Sylvain, she canted her head, "But perhapz it iz time for zhat tour."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:45 am

Sylvain nodded and smiled, "I will have to watch her career with great interest."

He then nodded and began to gesture to the promenade, "Come then. Let us look at the world that the nobles of Ziost have created."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 am

Jun-Tsu led the way, allowing her daughter the cover of her draping robes. So long as Vas-Tsu held close, the Sith witch did not worry. So, splitting her attention between her guide and her ward, she prepared herself to see the splendor of Ziost, or what 'Lord Mordax' had seemed to imply was the grandeur of the empire.

Jun-Tsu Farro

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:51 am

"Here we have the Golden Promenade. An area which defines its glory on the kinds of exotic food goods and clothing it is able to gather from across the galaxy. A veritable home for the weak-willed and powerful alike. You'll find very little in terms of meaningful contributions to the Empire or the force. This is where the noble and elite come to equip themselves with the markings of status that they are truly as important as they think they are..." He described as he walked down the streets slowly.

"Is there anything you or your girl would like to try? Perhaps some food? I cannot say it will provide anything of meaning... but at the very least it will provide a taste of the decadence extant in the capital."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:14 pm

"I'we no interezt, zhough, zhis v'one understandz zhe needs ov vrivolity. Vhile zhe populouz vould newer vin in a convlict between zhem und zhe myztics of mein vamily, to placate zhe mazzes, ve hawe inztituted veasts und sport. To keep zhe herd dozile, zhey muzt be placated from time to time."

Jun-Tsu looked over the shops. She had only toed into the promenade briefly this morning for a quick purchase, but had not taken any interest in the rest of what it had to offer. Seeing the sights, however, she nodded in approval.

"Yez, wery vize of zhe council und zhe emperor to keep zhe mob contented vith petty entertainmentz und distractions."

Jun-Tsu Farro

Next

Return to Golden Promenade