Last Night Out (D2, LE Open)

Commercial region of New Adasta of shops, boutiques, and fine dining

Last Night Out (D2, LE Open)

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:44 am

Sylvain sat by himself on a stool in the high-end cocktail bar, Crow and Crown. He quietly swirled a drink in his hand as his eyes looked back to the wall of drinks that lay in front of him. He knew of the party invites sent out to many influential people and had even received one himself. But on this night... the last night... he didn't want to jump into the fanfare attached to jumping into a stranger's party on a pleasure boat.

His mind wandered, as he rarely allowed it to do... to times and places not long gone... but not relevant to him now either. His wanderings only bothered by the motor skills required to move the drink to and from his lips every minute or two...
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Re: Last Night Out (D2, LE Open)

Postby Rax Nam on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:12 pm

It was late enough that someone like him wasn't getting too many strange looks. Besides, he knew how to avoid curfews and authorities that would harass him heavily. He had been in the city for a while today, and though he'd really been looking for any place to drink, the higher-end sort of bar like the Crow and Crown. The bartender gave him a glare, but there were few people in the bar at that point, so credits were as good as any. The Cathar let out a long breath... Two days here and two for two in headaches. Alcohol was probably the best remedy at this point.
Cathar | Neutral | Smuggler | Scoundrel | Thrill Seeker

"When your people has been through the ringer like mine has, then you can tell me how to live my life, mm?"

Ship:The Vast Veldt
Rax Nam

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm

The man at the end of the bar noticed the Cathar come in. Certain tables of the few remaining guests went silent in the understandable way. The man at the end, however, merely smirked in an amenable fashion as the xeno came closer to his seat.

"You look taxed by the events of the day stranger. Let me cover your first one."
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Rax Nam on Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:22 am

Having been used to the looks and silence of the other table, he nearly ignored the one talking to him- until he noticed it was actually in a positive manner. He turned his head and nodded to the man, taking a little bit to process what he'd said. "Mmm, life is taxing, yes?" he said with a chuckle. "It is appreciated, your generosity."

"When your people has been through the ringer like mine has, then you can tell me how to live my life, mm?"

Rax Nam

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 am

"It is not a problem. It may not look it... but this is my bachelor party of sorts. Nice to have someone to share a drink with." He said with a smile.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Rax Nam on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 am

He slid over a little bit, just to avoid yelling across the whole bar. "Bachelor party, hmm?" he asked, thinking a little bit about what that meant. A human tradition, he remembered. "It seems a bit... quiet for that. Or is your part of the wedding just yourself?"

Rax Nam

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:50 am

"I've been a lot more quiet in the past few years. Night before the wedding it felt right to get away from the people I know."

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Rax Nam on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:48 pm

He thought about that and nodded. "That seems to be understandable, you'll be in a crush of people both known and on the side, best to have a bit of calm." He nursed his drink, not sure if the bartender was going to suddenly make a last call. "Are you from around here, or is it just the occasion?"

Rax Nam

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 pm

"Originally, yes. I am from here... and Dromund Kaas. My name is Sylvain Torsin. If you haven't been around the Empire too much the name probably means very little. I'm currently the governor of a system in the nearest sectors of the Outer Rim." He took a long drink and asked for another.

"What about you, friend?"

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Rax Nam on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:21 am

Rex tilted his head a little bit. The name was a bit familiar from the Other Rim, and when he explained his status the Cathar let out a grunt of surprise. "No security, just by yourself, hmm? You must have more than enough status to feel comfortable drinking by yourself."

He took a drink. "Me? Rax Nam, I'm just a Cathar from here and there in space... Not really anyone important. I have business keeping me here a few days, so I'm mostly finding things to do in the meantime."

Rax Nam

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 am

"It's not really status that protects one. My father was head of the Imperial Military. He still ended up dead. I'm right in the sweet spot... strong enough to protect myself and not important enough to be anyone's target." He replied with a shrug.

"I've been around a bit. Any here or there in space I'd know?" He asked.

Sylvain Torsin

Return to Golden Promenade