Kriff! Even in the future nothing works! [D2, MM]

Commercial region of New Adasta of shops, boutiques, and fine dining

Kriff! Even in the future nothing works! [D2, MM]

Postby Xyll Vanth on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Xyll took some time to try interfacing with Imperial systems, trying to pass on some incriminating evidence on a mid-level officer. She didn't really care if one of them had a side-business selling spice, but there was a use to be had in being seen pointing it out.

Unfortunately she couldn't make any sense of the latest set of bureacratic rules they'd put into place. She needed to download form 423BX, insert the special code that came with so that she could access form THX1138, fill that out, and send copies of it to three different departments. One of which apparently hadn't managed to set up their holonet page yet. Which wouldn't be a problem if the other two departments didn't require proof that you'd sent the form to all three departments at the same time.

"Ugh," she put the datapad away in disgust, and glared at some people who were just here to shop for clothes or other meaningless things.

Knowledge: Education, provide evidence, destiny: 1eP+2eA+3eD 1 failure, 2 threat
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Re: Kriff! Even in the future nothing works! [D2, MM]

Postby Rumun Gol on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:27 pm

But not all people where here to buy clothes and other meaningless stuff. A tall robed and hooded figure was walking around the promenade, looking for supplies and other more interesting stuff around, mostly mechanical items that could be repurpose for other items.

The tall figure goes around from shop to shop,searching for the right tools and right implements for his improvement project.

Clearly this figure was not human, which made some of the more traditional people in this area, to be disgusted, but apparently he didn't mind. Actually it seems almost as he enjoyed the discrimination.

[OOC]

Shamelessly using this thread for acquiring stuff

• -100 Credits Supplies for 1 Quality mod (Vicious +1); Extended Hilt
  • -100 Credits Supplies for 1 Quality mod (Accurate +1); Custom Grip
  • -300 Credits supplies for 1 Damage +1 mod; Ilum Kyber Crystal
  • -350 credits for 1x toolkit
Sith| Duros | Darth Hoshi's Apprentice | Former Slave | Silver Tongued | Da Blue One

Equipment: Large crossguarded-lightsaber, Customized Clothes, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...

"Only the force can free us from the chains that bind us"
I'm blue da ba dee dabba da ♪...
Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:36 pm

A Duros who was sith. Truly life was filled with oddities. She kept the tall figure in the corner of her eyes out of habit rather than any real interest. She was far too preoccupied with other thoughts to pay an unknown alien sith mind beyond the basics of marking a threat.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Darth Tayana on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:47 pm

Meanwhile nearby Tayana said to the Jedi, “My dear you owe me nothing if anything you can repay me by looking fierce at the next party. I mean the robes are acceptable, but this is Ziost and to be seen is to be known and if you should be known for being a person of value.”
Sith | Socialite | Mother | Judging Gaze | Dark Side | Human

Played by Dapper Dog
Darth Tayana

Postby Rumun Gol on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 pm

And yet the duros sith noticed the rather small sith lord that was nearby. Small, yes, but her shadow had eclipsed a crowd in front of no other than the emperor himself.

Rumun likes eclipses, so, he approached her directly after finishing his purchases.

'' Recording the events of this city and court, my Lord Nix?'' He said and then bowed respectfully to the small human with a large shadow.
Sith| Duros | Darth Hoshi's Apprentice | Former Slave | Silver Tongued | Da Blue One

Equipment: Large crossguarded-lightsaber, Customized Clothes, Gauntlet, other things in his utility belt...

Rumun Gol

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Darth Tayana wrote:Meanwhile nearby Tayana said to the Jedi, “My dear you owe me nothing if anything you can repay me by looking fierce at the next party. I mean the robes are acceptable, but this is Ziost and to be seen is to be known and if you should be known for being a person of value.”

“My Lord… Tayana… Darth Tayana, this is too much?” she protested as she followed along with bags in hand. She was obviously a bit flustered as they approached another boutique.

“Okay but this is the last one,” she said trying to be firm.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Her attention shifted from the Duros to Tayana and... a Jedi? There was a burning hatred in her gaze upon that one. Easily spotted by anyone glancing her way... and then the Duros approached. Interrupted her glaring even. The insolence!

"What?" She snapped, and looked up at him. Still glaring. Slowly the hatred dissipated, though she was still off-balance. "Who are you?"
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:50 am

Rumun noticed Darth Xevious' wife speaking with apparently was the Republic Ambassador? Well, that was certainly interesting, but Nix's hatred was more interesting, for now...

'' Rumun Gol, just a sith apprentice, nobody of importance.'' The duros bowed again. '' I'm Darth Hoshi's apprentice. Forgive me if i interrupted you, apparently...'' Rumun observed towards the direction of the jedi. '' You had some sort of important bussiness with someone.''

'' I was merely curious about the person that is the Emperor's Witness, my Lord.'' He adds.

Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 am

"Business? With a *Jedi*?" She cast another look toward the woman. "I think not. I'm sure there'd be all sorts of paperwork if I were to kill her, and that's the only sort of business I'd prefer to have with one of them."

She turned back to the Duros.

"So, word of my new appointment travels fast, it seems. Used to be that I could walk around in blissful anonymity."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 am

Rumun chuckled with his raspy deep voice. '' Well, i'm certain that many around here would not mind to help you with that kind of paperwork if it comes to killing a jedi...'' He said.

'' The word of the Emperor carries the weight of the galaxy and the force. It was only a matter of time that everyone would know about such prestigious appointment, my Lord.'' The duro said to her. '' Which reminds me, where are my manners? Congratulations for it, my Lord Nix.'' He said it truthfully, meaning it.

'' You must be wise and powerful in order to had moved the gaze of the Emperor on to yourself''

Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 am

"Flattery gets one further among the sith than one would think, Acolyte Gol. But you'll end up dissappointed if you think flattering me will get you access to the Emperor's will."

Just putting this here, but also buying some stuff here at some point, chiefly modding supplies
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:27 am

'' Not at all, my Lord, that was not mine intentions. Like i said before, and you clearly pointed out, i'm just an acolyte, an ant among giants.'' He said, humbly.

'' But i must say that i'm sort of jealous about it.'' He shrugs. '' You see, one of the things that move me forward is to observe, to witness events and to record them. To be the Emperor's Witness would certainly fall into what i think is a worthy life, even if it is dangerous to be under the direct gaze of the Emperor himself.''

'' Death in exchange for such knowledge, it seems fair trade to me.'' He adds. '' But that is just me and my opinion, my Lord. And my alien mindset maybe deviates from what my betters could think or believe''

'' In any case, i'm not worthy of such prestige.''

Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:37 am

"Knowledge is generally useless to the dead," she said. "If you were so inclined however, I could always use more notes on the going ons in court, for my transcripts.
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:45 am

'' Oh, well you honor me, my Lord. I would gladly give you my help, and i do have some sort of basic training into research and observation, helping in the past not only my Master, but also other Lords, like Lord Haydriss and for a brief time even Darth Zash.'' Rumun commented.

'' But unfortunately, my kind is not welcomed in such places, i'm afraid. Also, i'm merely an apprentice so i don't know if what i could observe can be of any use'' He shrugs.

'' In any case, if you need help, in any other matter i will gladly offer you aid, my Lord.'' He bowed, again.

'' Might i ask you question, my Lord Nix?''

Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:47 am

"Nonsense. You are sith, are you not?" She re-appraised him. "What could prevent you from being there?"

She wondered if perhaps this man was not anathema in some manner she was unaware of, and narrowed her eyes at him slightly.

"Speak your question."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 am

'' Even among sith, some are welcomed and some are not. But i understand your point. I still have much to learn about how to move in such important places. Maybe i have not been too observant of how my master did such a thing...'' He wondered. '' She is certainly invited to most places.''

'' Are you seeking a position among the Dark Council, my Lord?'' He asked respectfully.

Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:08 am

She laughed at that. The kind of laugh that immediately told one that she thought the idea was rather absurd.

"I think not. Only fools pursue that path."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:16 am

'' Well, it is a path to power. For others, recognition. Influence and knowledge are also there, in one's grasp, if one is willing to walk through that way'' Rumun commented.

'' But i understand why other would see pointless to be one of them, after all,the Dark Council is not the only way for achieving power. Darth Malgus is the prime example of that.''

Rumun Gol

Postby Xyll Vanth on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 am

"It is not that becoming a member of the council is pointless. It is the manner in which it is done here. This is all just for show."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Rumun Gol on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 am

'' Hmmm...'' That certainly caught Rumun's interest. '' What do you mean by that, my Lord?''

Rumun Gol

Next

Return to Golden Promenade