Crowded Streets (Day 4 Mid Evening)

Commercial region of New Adasta of shops, boutiques, and fine dining

Re: Crowded Streets (Day 4 Mid Evening)

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:33 am

"I'll have to remember that." He wan't sure if he would take the other man up on it, he needed some time t consider the offer. "Thogh I have to admit you aren't the only one of late to make a offer like that."

"if nothing else, maybe I'll see if you're at the next fancy party we attend. Perhaps we can make it somewhat entertaining?"
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 am

Tyr’s expression grew dark, his lips curling into a snarl, he leaned closer, crowding the tall human, eyes locked. A growl began deep in his chest, quiet, rising, he opened his mouth...

... and barked laughter. Straightening, Tyr rolled his shoulders and shook himself, “fleeting,” he cautioned with dismissive wave and good humour in his voice.
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9
Theme | Avatar | Description

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Ship: the Midnight Howl
Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:43 am

"True enough." Alister observed dryly as he began looking around the electronic shop. The larger man was certainly intimidating enough, that was for certain.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:51 am

Tyr chuckled to himself in a satisfied manner, "relax, pretty boy, I'm not suicidal enough to threaten a noble."
Sith Apprentice | Shistavanen | Batman Voice | Fearsome to Behold | Microchipped | DECEASED D9

My mind was lost in translation, and my heart has become a cold and impassive machine.

Equip: Chitin Armour, Thermal Cloak, Double-Bladed Lightsaber, Commlink, Datapad, Stimpacks
Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:12 am

"Pretty boy?" He raised an eyebrow at that. "It's good to k ow you're not completely suicidal though, I've met a few like that."

"They are difficult to work with to say the least."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:20 am

"I guess that's what gets some people off," Tyr shrugged, "personally, I'm less about the thrill of escaping death by the skin of my teeth, and more about the thrill of overpowering a worthy opponent."

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:52 pm

"I think I'll pass on both of those, though that might make me a bit unexciting." Still it did reveal a bit about the other man, and what he wanted. "Though if I had to choose, I think it's be the second of those two options."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:46 am

Tyr shrugged, “life is valuable to those who have a use for it,” his tone clearly suggested that he did not value his own particularly highly.

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 am

"Quite correct." Was there really anything more to say then that. "Though, I'd add some people have more uses for a life then others."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:30 am

Tyr grunted in agreement, he could afford to be reckless because his life had little value, the noble next to him, however, was likely the opposite.

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:46 pm

Perhaps the other man misunderstood him it was hard to tell. "Maybe you've met someone like that? Someone who can give direction and purpose to a life?" He offered after a few moments. "If you don't have a use for yours that is."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:37 pm

“I live at my Master’s whim,” he said somewhat automatically, “his purpose is my purpose.” There was no emotional attachment to the statement, Tyr hadn’t drunk the kool-aid, but he knew which side his bread was buttered on.

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:08 am

"I see." That answered all of Alister's questions on that subject. Glancing around the electronics store he decided a shift in topic was in order.

"Is there anything here you think you can use?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 am

Tyr poked amongst the displays, picking up some things here and there. He compared two identical hydrospanners, “how is this three times the price of that?”

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:34 am

"The brand name." Alister offered at a glance. "Well, more then that, but you're getting into the specifics then. The type of metals used, different safety features, and also the warranty."

He shrugged. "Of course sometimes you come across crap material even from a solid brand name. So its usually not worth the extra cost."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:43 am

"Okay then," he waved the hydrospanners under Alister's nose, "what's your expert opinion here? brand or no-name?"

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:37 am

"If you're any good with tools, go with the no-name. if it shorts you can probably do some minor repairs on it and have it working again in no time." He offered after a moment. "If you just don't want to worry about that possibility, go brand name."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:47 pm

Grunting, Tyr added the no-name hydrospanner to the small pile of tools, beginning to form a collection that would suit any generic mechanics kit. “Good to know.”

Tyr

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:54 am

He shrugged. "Honestly most will give you differing opinions on the tools they use. Every engineer has their own prefrences after all." It wouldn't be odd if his advice didn't match anothers after all. "You'll figure out what you like in time though."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Tyr on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:21 am

Shrugging, "don't undersell yourself. I asked your opinion, you gave it." Tyr used a cybersolder iron he'd been looking at to scratch an itch, "own it."

Tyr

PreviousNext

Return to Golden Promenade