I Don't Mean Rhinestones! (Day 6 EE)

Commercial region of New Adasta of shops, boutiques, and fine dining

I Don't Mean Rhinestones! (Day 6 EE)

Postby Shelzais Sek on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am

"...now, some people think clear stones are boring, but those people don't appreciate sparkle, don't you agree?" Shelzais peered into a shop window, nudging Vair'ea with a perfectly manicured fingertip. "With your complexion, for example, white corusca gems would be stunning. Or diamonds!"

--
Putting this here for later... D6 EE--shopping for jewelry! Rarity 7, Know Somebody reduces by 1, Negotiation = Hard, Congenial drops it to Average for 1 strain: 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eF+2eD 1 success, 1 Triumph, 2 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Also, whoops, that boost die was a copypasta error and shouldn't exist, but the roll still succeeds using the force pips from Influence.)
Sith Pureblood ⟡ Force-Trained ⟡ Demimondaine ⟡ Waste of a Good Sith Education
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

"Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay..."
Shelzais Sek

Re: I Don't Mean Rhinestones! (Day 6 EE)

Postby Alister Dravvad on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:46 am

"You think so?" Vasir'ea asked, a bit of a twinkle in her eyes as she looked over the various gems on offer. The gems were probably more then a little out of her price range, but maybe is she saved up for a while. It wasn't like alister really paid her all that badly. "They do have a lovely sparkle..."

Meanwhile the aforementioned Doctor was window shopping newby, if the girls wanted to be girls, who was he to interupt?"
Imperial | Noble | Scientist | Self Employed | Eccentric | Researcher
Carries: Datapad, Stimpack x2, Comlink, Anesthetic x2, hand scanner.
Description
Companions: Vair'ea, EG-04R
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 am

"Oh, definitely. Don't you think so, master Dravvad?" Alister wasn't going to get out of this quite that easily!

"Of course, you could carry off red or yellow stones, too, my dear. But colorless stones go with nearly everything... and, ah, there's that little boutique I saw the other day. I had my eye on this necklace of golden sapphires, and I happen to have come into a little extra cash..."

She towed Vair'ea along into what looked like an extremely exclusive establishment.
Varas Point: hoverbarge Wild Ride ⟡ New Adasta Port & Space: freighter Clever GirlProfile

Shelzais Sek

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:37 am

Alister blinked, he was being talked to? "Oh! Yes, quite nice. As long as you don't go too far, then it starts to look tacky." The giant jewels that some women wore were just too much.

The comment from Alister went mostly unheard from Vair'ea as she thought over the Sith words. "I do like red." She mused after a moment, before being drug along by Shelzais.

""Golden Sapphires? I think those would look just amazing against your skin. " though she probably couldn't pull it off herself. "You're going to buy them yourself though? I'd think a lovely woman like you might have a few gentlemen willing to make the purchase for you."
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:51 am

"Of course! One should only ever look tacky intentionally," Shel purred in response to Alister's remark. "There's a time and a place for everything."

She greeted the shopkeeper, an elderly human male who seemed to remember her and shortly disappeared into the back to fetch the piece in question. Of course, the front of the shop wasn't left nearly as unattended as it might look--no doubt there were all sorts of unobtrusive security features, not to mention the droid outside the door.

"Hmm... well, Vair'ea my dear, if you ever meet a gentleman who exactly understands your taste in jewels... hold on to him and don't let go. Personally, I've never found one." Shelzais scanned the reinforced glass cases, interested in what she might find even though the exact piece she wanted wasn't out on display. "Men--and some ladies, if I must be fair--like best to give presents they choose, and then they like to hear you oooh and aaahhh over their taste. If they're buying, I'm usually willing to oblige." She smirked. "But sometimes you'll want to choose something just for you, if you know what I mean."

Shelzais Sek

Postby Alister Dravvad on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:47 am

Tacky on purpose? That was a new one to him, still Madam Sek certainly knew better then he about this time of thing. "So, is it something to match the dress you wore the other night?" He asked perhaps showing some modicum of interest in the conversation.

Vair'ea wwas temporarily distracted by all the beautiful jewelry in the store, her red eyes looking over all the various pieces. There were a few she liked, but she hadn't really intended to buy anything today. "I'll remember that, Madam Shelzais." She offered in response. "Though that sound like some sort of mythical beast to my ears." She added with a light chuckle."

That was followed by a nod as her eyes landed on a pair of earrings. "I think I know what you mean? Sometimes it's important to buy something for you, and not worry about what someone else might think about it." Or she thought that's what the other man was reffering to.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 am

"Exactly," Shel purred. "Oh, those are nice..." she leaned over to look at the earrings.

"It might match, at that," she added to Alister. "Though if you mean last night, I don't expect I'll wear that dress again soon. That party was... well. It could have ended worse, but I don't think I'll savor the memory." She chuckled dryly.

Shelzais Sek

Postby Alister Dravvad on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:15 am

"That's a shame, you looked simply amazing in that dress." He replied moving over to have a peek at the earrings. Maybe he should buy them? Vair'ea has done a splendid job lately.

"I can understand though, that gathering did go as I expected either"

Vair'ea looked at the earrings a few more moments. "Do you think they'd look good on me?" She asked the other woman. "They won't stand out too much will.they?"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:31 am

"Why, thank you, Doctor Dravvad!" Shel cooed, with a toothy smile. "I had no idea you noticed. You seemed... quite busy." Remembering the excitement of the night again--the truly tasteless political commentary, the two mysteriously overcome revelers carried off in body bags (not to mention the bribe she'd had to slip to the medical technicians to avoid mentioning where they'd turned up)--her smile faded a bit.

"I think they'd look nice, Vair'ea sweetie, but you should try them on and see for your yourself!" She turned her charm back to the shopkeeper as he returned with an open velvet box containing a yellow gemstone necklace. "Mister Bain here won't mind at all, will you. Oh, look at those sapphires, they're just as gorgeous as I remembered..."

Shelzais Sek

Postby Alister Dravvad on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:10 am

"It'd be a crime if I hadn't noticed, Madam." Alister offered lips curled into a wry smile. "You're right though, I was quite busy, the hosts idea of dinner entertainment was quite peculiar after all."

Seeing the option for a change in conversation he smiled at the Chiss. "Yes, do try them on Vair'ea."

"Those are gorgeous." Vair'ea offered a touch of longing in her tone. They were far out of her price range. "I bet they'll look simply stunning on you!"
Description
Alister Dravvad

Postby Shelzais Sek on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:19 am

Shel was engrossed by the sapphires, holding them up to the light for a closer look. She did manage to spare an encouraging, getting-away-with-it sort of smile to encourage the young Chiss. "Secrets of good taste, sweetie, you develop it by trying all sorts of things to see what suits you." In a stage whisper, she added, "Even things you can't afford just this moment... you never know, you might be flush some day soon!"

"It's almost like a science thing, when you think about it like that," she added thoughtfully. "The spirit of experiment!" Turning her head briefly away from the mirror in which she'd been holding the orange gemstones up near her face,she glanced at Alister to see if he'd react to that analogy with more annoyance or amusement. Either would be something!

((sorry, had a bad couple of days for focusing on non-work writing! :oops: ))

Shelzais Sek

Postby Alister Dravvad on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:06 pm

Alister seemed to approve, or the wry smile on his lips seemed to say so. "You know there is a lot more science in the world then most people notice. I didn't think you would be one to point it out. You've suprised me a bit Madam Sek, and I'm impressed." It wasn't often that happened, hopefully she didn't take insult to that.

"Alright." Vair'ea replied before askign to try on the earrings. They were produced a few moments later, and she at first held them up to her ears to see how they looked in the mirror. Careful inspection aparently met her approval, as soon enough she was pulling out the Simple silver studs she wore to try on the diamonds. "What do you think?" She asked, turning toward Shelzais, and tilting her head to the side so the other woman could get a better look.
Description
Alister Dravvad

Return to Golden Promenade