[Day 3 - EE] Tournament of the Bound RP thread

Capital city of Driomund Kaas

[Day 3 - EE] Tournament of the Bound RP thread

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:15 am

The massive estate is decorated in bright colors and the grand hall is lined with large portraits of the scions of House Grathan, a bountiful feast and room to speak, dance, and entertain as one can see fit. The later hours are the combat portion of the tournament.
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Re: [Day 3 - EE] Tournament of the Bound RP thread

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:43 am

Lady Grathan.jpg
Lady Grathan.jpg (19.85 KiB) Viewed 6878 times

Lady Grathan never enjoyed the boring bits but the bloodshed was always so inspiring.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Sylvain arrived at the party well-dressed in his fashionable armor. He greeted known faces here and there for a while before approaching the hostess and offering a polite bow.

"Lady Grathan, it is a pleasure to be with you this evening."
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Dino is an odd sight to behold amidst the mostly human crowd, but with a hushed whisper, it's explained that he brought entertainment. Rumor even was that he himself had been looking to compete.

"I honestly wish that was the case." Dino mutters to himself under his breath in Trandoshan. Instead, he looked like a laughingstock out of place from the others.
Not-Sith | Giant Reptile | Unarmed | Hulking | Force Sensitive?
Equipment: Cybernetic Arm, Wilderness Survival Pack, Thermal Cloak, Koromondian Halfvest

Theme: Knights of Cydonia
Dino Brado

Postby Ilar'Shala on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:00 pm

Ilar approached the Trandoshan he recognized from previous forays into the Cathedral of Dread and handed him a mug of some sort of drink.

"I think you're the only one here as disgusted about this whole process as I am." He said softly as he observed the celebrations going on.
Imperial/Twi'lek/Apprentice of Raela Ausar
Suspicion: Trusted
Wears: Signet Ring, Formal robes, cascader, comlink, datapad.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:22 pm

Sylvain Torsin wrote:Sylvain arrived at the party well-dressed in his fashionable armor. He greeted known faces here and there for a while before approaching the hostess and offering a polite bow.

"Lady Grathan, it is a pleasure to be with you this evening."

“I am not sure I can say the same, thus far everyone has been less than amusing with their mercy and weak back bones. You would think they never seen a slave die, they are chattel, they are nothing,” she hissed.

“You, slave stab yourself,” she commanded and the slave looked scared and said, “You do it, or I will.”

He gulped and stabbed his arm with a grimace and she said, “See they are nothing. Now get back to work, slave.”

“This was supposed to be a fun evening and I am not having much fun,” she finished.
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:32 pm

Ilar'Shala wrote:Ilar approached the Trandoshan he recognized from previous forays into the Cathedral of Dread and handed him a mug of some sort of drink.

"I think you're the only one here as disgusted about this whole process as I am." He said softly as he observed the celebrations going on.

"Indeed. I was very disgusted to learn that they would not take me as a contestant."

Dino huffs. "A challenge of creatures, battling for glory or freedom, fighting to the last breath...that might have been something. But noooooo, these..." Dino struggles with the words. "Artless fools have decided to do it the worst way possible"
Equipment: Cybernetic Arm, Wilderness Survival Pack, Thermal Cloak, Koromondian Halfvest

Dino Brado

Postby Ilar'Shala on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 pm

"It is a mockery of these slaves purposes. I can see now why they would not permit a capable individual as yourself to compete though, it would have been even less entertaining that this debacle, to see you pitted against these poor specimens."

Ilar blew a little steam away from the rim of his cup and sipped at a warming liquid within.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dapper Dog on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Dino Brado wrote:"Indeed. I was very disgusted to learn that they would not take me as a contestant."

Dino huffs. "A challenge of creatures, battling for glory or freedom, fighting to the last breath...that might have been something. But noooooo, these..." Dino struggles with the words. "Artless fools have decided to do it the worst way possible"

She narrowed her eyes at the raging trandoshan and said, “Well I have a simple solution for you, alien. Get out of my house and find your own way home.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Dino Brado on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 pm

Dino offers a humorless smile. "I can't imagine that anyone who could put out something so gutless has the courage."

Dino Brado

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Sylvain watched the exchange passively between the two. He knew the woman to be well within her right and stood beside her in seeming agreement.

When the Trandoshan spoke up he replied, "That is quite enough. Insulting the hostess in such a manner is not proper conduct. Remove yourself or be removed."
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Kristal Serasai on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:48 am

Kristal was busy paying her attention elsewhere, but it was the sound of a disagreement that drew her attention back to the hostess. Signalling Weaver to pay attention in turn.
Force Sensitive | Aspirant | Human | Imperial Noble |Sith Lord | The Steel Valkyrie | Champion of Marr | Disciplined| Jedi Killer|Head of House Serasai | Last Serasai | Captain of the Vindicator
On Person: Armored Robes, Comlink, Combat Knife, Lightsaber
Accompanied By: Weaver

"Cowardice is beneath me."
Kristal Serasai

Postby Dino Brado on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:54 am

Dino looks down at the human next to the woman who had challenged him. There is a lightsaber at his waist.

"I did not say that I would not leave. It is a dreadful spectacle here, and as impotent as she and her mate seem to be. I am simply curious about what courage empowers this claim." Dino cocks his head to the side, as if studying an interesting bug. "Is it her own power? If so, she does not require your assistance. Is it their men...if so, then perhaps they should cease quavering in their boots and pissing themselves."

Dino looks over the man again. "Or is it yourself? Is it you who has the strength and will that this one does not. You're armed, after all?" Dino flares his nostrils and turns his back on the Sith and takes a step to the door, curious to see if his guess of these people was correct.
Last edited by Dino Brado on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dino Brado

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:57 am

“Alien nonsense,” she said dismissively not even listening and turned to her other guests.
Dapper Dog

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 am

“With behavior like that... and he probably wonders why people look down on him.” Sylvain said after nodding at Lady Grathan’s remark.

Sylvain Torsin

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:16 am

Xyll wasn't very happy. Her slave should have performed better. Instead he had died, and she'd use his corpse to beat the other contestant to death. It was all very... disappointing. Hopefully someone got a kick out of it, though. Maybe not all the people who dismissed the whole thing as a waste or barbaric... but *someone*. Maybe.

Where were the drinks when you needed them?
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Ilar'Shala on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:02 am

Watching the rebuke of the Trandoshan, Ilar sighs mentally at the blatant racism of these humans, thinking that the fortune of their birth made them somehow better than the rest of the universe.

Maybe we need more diversity on the council, he can't help but think to himself. Damned if he'd actually say it out loud in this crowd though.
Ilar'Shala

Postby Dapper Dog on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:12 am

Xyll Vanth wrote:Xyll wasn't very happy. Her slave should have performed better. Instead he had died, and she'd use his corpse to beat the other contestant to death. It was all very... disappointing. Hopefully someone got a kick out of it, though. Maybe not all the people who dismissed the whole thing as a waste or barbaric... but *someone*. Maybe.

Where were the drinks when you needed them?

"Now who is this, and I thought I knew everyone worth knowing," she said taking a drink.
Dapper Dog

Postby Xyll Vanth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 am

Oh look, *someone* got a kick out of it after all. Good thing it was the host. That brought a slight step back into Xyll's mood.

"Lord Nyx," she said, forcing a smile back to her face, "the Emperor's Witness and apprentice of Darth Arya."
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Jun-Tsu Farro on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:38 am

In spite of her slave's poor performance, and untimely demise, admittedly by Jun-Tsu's own hand....so to speak, the witch appeared in excellent spirits after witnessing the bout. She mingled about the party, as though being about so many sacrifices, had made her more sociable. She even smiled a touch beneath her occluding robes and veils.

She made her way over to a familiar face in Xyll, and recognized the lady of the house as well. Though she did not wish to interrupt, she stepped forward with tradition-bound grace and deference.
Force Sensitive | Human | Dark Side | Witch-Queen of Korriz | Empress Dowager | Reverand Mother

"Come mein children. Let me teach you zhe vayz of zhe Dark Zide."
Jun-Tsu Farro

Next

Return to Kaas City