[Day 2 - EA] Imperial Court: Feast or Famine RP

The official chambers of Court

Re: [Day 2 - EA] Imperial Court: Feast or Famine RP

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 pm

He shook his head again this time with a bit more exasperation, "All words and dreams of dreams with so little substance. When you find a religion that can create fuel for hyperspace travel, feed troops, and put blaster charges in rifles without caring for actual resources, you let me know. The Empire balances its visions and transformations on actual conditions. Ignoring the truth as it stares you in the face because you don't like what it is saying is folly. Megalomania is not an adequate strategy in and of itself. If we follow the example of Naga Sadow, then we shall end as failures like Naga Sadow."

He continued, "This Empire has taken a different path. One of long-term success that took us from a handful of followers to the threat that we now pose to destroy the Republic. For hundreds of years we have built, waited, and gathered strength. Innovation is a hallmark of our success, but innovating merely for the sake of innovating does not equal success. We are not simply 'surviving' as you would like to think. We are progressing towards a goal. The goal of the true and final destruction of the Republic. If you do not see the resiliency required to defeat the Republic then you will fail as so many have before you. This bout is sure to go long rounds and end with a decisive punch. I prefer not to be a flash in the pan who makes the opponent bleed but then is knocked out a moment after... I actually want to come out victorious on the other end."

He shrugged, "The ability to create favorable situations arises from sound decisions on our part. As such we should prioritize strategies and exigencies that create those situations for us... not play into the hands of a Republic that is begging we misstep and grant them victory through our useless dissensions."

He smiled, "But it appears neither one of us is going to change from this little exchange. I suppose we will just have to try our methodologies and see who is more successful. Belief is one thing... actual results is another."
Last edited by Sylvain Torsin on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Shaisha had spaced out as the conversation had lost meaning and devolved into talks of recretional activities for soldiers (and her player had taken a break for the day), so there was a mild moment of confusion to current actions and reactions.

Listening to the two currently talking, she at least was amused that people kept prescribing ideals and dogma to the Dark side when it wasn't exactly an entity with an agenda, rules, or philosophy. But perhaps that was the perception of those who hadn't dived so deep as she had, or like Jun-Tsu had.

But for now she watched and listened to the conversations going on.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Lord Jo'ren Rath on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:46 am

For his part Jo'ren found the bored glances of the courtiers absolutely fucking hilarious. He openly chuckled at their lack of interest.

When the Emperor spoke, his will was made manifest, and there was no point arguing any further. But then, why would he? It was an act of political genius. Rather than having Darth Vengean rage about the diversion of supplies from the military, his forces were going to receive the bulk of the supplies.

Lord Rath offered a mirthless smile to those who had been opposed to his position, and a friendly nod to Lord Abbas, then walked over to speak with his Master.
True Sith | Blade of Vengean | Dark Side | Massive | Nobody's Fool | Big Damn Hero | Monolith Mauler | Forge Master | Saber Savant
Wears: Armour of the First Wrath. Carries: Two customised lightsabers; utility belt with stuff.
Ship: The Terror Star | Sidekick: Lt. Ashley Hin | Powerbase: The Massassi
"A Sith chooses their own path, their own destiny."
Lord Jo'ren Rath

Postby Xyll Vanth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:49 am

Xyll finished up her transcribing. It was a thankless job, no doubt. But apparently someone had to do it, and that someone was her. Well, it got her closer to the Emperor, at least. And power. And, blah blah, all of that. Now, all she had to do was format it properly, and hand it off to whomever she was expected to hand it off to.
Sith | Human | Lord Nyx | The Witness | Academy Prodigy | Confident | Dead eye | Core-Worlds Accent
Carries: Armored Robes, Lightsaber, Datapad, Stimpacks
"When you have seen what I have seen, you will know how small you are... and how great you may yet become."
Profile |
Xyll Vanth

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

Well, the matter was settled. Shaisha stretched her back, her mind feeling more awake now. It would be interesting to see what the other matters brought to the Emperor's court would be in the coming days.

"Ah well... time to go get some caf, I think," she murmured.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Jaheem Abasi on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:13 am

Jaheem listened to the emporer with a respectful silence and nod. Even if it was not the decision he had wanted, the Emporer's will was law. He had listened to a number of squabbles over a variety of topics and had decided that nothing more constructive could come from these discussions. He returned the nod to Lord Rath. Perhaps he should have more time with the man at some point.

Jaheem nodded to Bellious and Tenebrous as he rose and made his way from the room, business concluded as far as he was concerned.
Sith Lord | Inquisitor | Human | Aspirant | Intimidating | Not without some charm | Fearsome
"You lack discipline, you lack control, that is why you are weak."
Robes, Lightsaber, Comm unit, Data Pad
Jania Seyjeer - attendant

theme day 4 forward
Jaheem Abasi

Postby Dayana Valthren on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:21 am

Lucinia Malveaux wrote:Lucinia smiled. "Perhaps so."

She glanced over at Jo'ren, then leaned a little closer to Dayana. "In truth, I will be working with him on a project, and I should not care to antagonize him by going against him on a decided issue." Her lips quirked. "I shall if you truly ask, but know that it is not without cost to me."

"Oh, if you truly wish to speak of costs," Dayana said with a wistful sigh. She remained silent until the Emperor's decree. A pleased smile went on her lips and she turned to Lucinia. "Now then, do you believe that that outcome was foreseeable?"
Sith Lord | Miraluka | Colonial Overseer | Scion of House Valthren | Ambassador to Corellia
Ally: Camilla Ultera | Profile

"A people without hope will never thrive. Foster this within them and you will possess worthy followers."
Dayana Valthren

Postby Lucinia Malveaux on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:50 pm

"Hmmm?" Lucinia turned to Dayana with raised eyebrow, but the moment passed quickly.

"Foreseeable? Certainly. I suppose there is just the question of when." She tilted her head, regarding Dayana curiously. "Is there something you're suggesting?"
Force Sensitive | Sith | Human | Noble | Arya's Apprentice | One of Those Malveauxs
Oooohohohoho count: 10
Lucinia Malveaux

Postby Lord Bellious on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:18 pm

"Of course." Moyr seemed mostly satisfied by the course of the exchange. "You're wrong I don't think in terms of resources, but I prefer to mobilise them from untapped sources rather than going through pains of eking them out by micromanagement. But if it's a mere difference of approach rather than agenda between us, then we could indeed wait and see how our respective methodologies unfold."

Then she paused as the Emperor made his will manifest, not returning to the subject after the break.

"Congratulations on your imminent nuptials. I don't think I'll find time to attend though." Her voice was purposefully voided of any emotion.
Sith Lord | Über-Twi'lek | Shadow | Many-faced Lethan | Has Already Won | Aspirant | No Known Master or Apprentice | Captain of the Bitch | Owner of La Belle Époque | Assistant: Razzya

Passion, X-30 Lancer, Fett Armour, Stims, Palm Stunner, Commlink, Datapad, Hans Scanner, Scramble Key, Virginia the Death Robot (sometimes)

"One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Lord Bellious

Postby Sylvain Torsin on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:07 pm

"That is a shame. But I am sure your schedule is quite packed. Thank you for your well-wishes." He said politely with a bow.
Sith | Lord Mordax | Noble | Governor | Mystic | Lord of House Torsin
Carries/Wears: Jal Shey Mentor Armor w/cloak, Lightsaber (Purple Dantari, Curved Hilt), etc.
Accompanied By: Nasari Rhalu (Apprentice)
Rides: 'The Ardent Scryer'

"The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."
Sylvain Torsin

Previous

Return to The People's Court