Living With A Hurn(ia) (D4, LA)

The official chambers of Court

Living With A Hurn(ia) (D4, LA)

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:03 am

Shaisha had lingered in the People's Tower after the Aspirant challenge, taking a few moments to admire the various decorations of the building as she waited for a chance to speak with Council-member Hurn.
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
Ship: Saarai-kaar | Attendant: Hyuna | Suspicion: Above Suspicion
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Re: Living With A Hurn(ia) (D4, LA)

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:21 am

Hurn was speaking with a Moff as she passed Lord Tenebrous. She finished her conversation and then said, “The child of the Wrath, Lord Scourge must be proud to see you fight for a chance to command power o the Dark Council.”

“I suppose you were waiting for me unless you normally skulk and look at this bland architecture?”
Head GM | Darth Chocolate of the Sith | Duelist
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 am

"Darth Hurn," Shaisha said with a respectful tone, giving a slight bow to the woman who was actually on the council. "If he is, he must be waiting to tell me when I have won."

A slight smirk. "When I was a child, perhaps I might've done that?" her chuckle was soft. "But indeed, I was waiting for a chance to speak with you. If you have the time, of course, my lord."
Sith Lord | Pureblood | Dark Side | Seer | Regal | Shien Expert | Daughter of Wrath | Vowrawn's Sentinel | Haunted | Hero | Aspirant | Profile | Theme | Day 10 Theme
"The future is not a river to carry us. It is the ocean in which we drown, if we are not prepared"

Gear: Chwûq, Siqsa, armor, cloak, mask, commlink, datapad, utility belt, gloves, jewelry.
Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:37 am

“Leave us,” she said to her servants and then continued, “I have time to spare for an aspirant.”

“You have done… well enough but more is needed if you are to crush the upstart going by the moniker of Lord Bellious, we have enough lekku on the council… too much.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:44 am

"Ah yes. Moyr. Jadus' apprentice," she said, not at all surprised by Hurn's quick hate. "She seems to be trying to appeal to your fellow conservative member, Savage. How he feels about twi'leks is unknown to me."

Hurn might know of course.

"It's mostly amusing to me that she's trying to curry favor with those who try to preserve our culture and history as Sith, like Thanaton did before, when she's trying to up-end those traditions herself."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:50 am

“If she appeals to his lust for war and bloodshed I suppose it could work, he was ever quick to kill,” she responded.

“But she is not worthy of our discussion.”

“You denied the Test of Loyalty, I don’t disagree but you did so even if it put you at a disadvantage, why?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:58 am

She kept her confidence as she spoke. "Because it seemed like a trap, and seeing what happened to the others, I would say I was right. The only one there that didn't matter to the Empire except their death was the slave - who is now outed as being Force Sensitive."

Shaisha sighed. "It wasn't an easy choice, but I would have chosen the same again if I had to. Because I feel confident in the next trial. And because I have faith in the sensible members on the Council to speak in my favor when that turn comes. In a way, I consider it an acceptable setback to keep myself unchained and powerful still, unplagued by personal loss, grief, or frustration with my decision that will distract me in the competition."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 am

“It speaks well of you to have such insight, others were not so clear heaed including my subordinate who I am seeing more and more as a Radical in the vein of Darth Hoshi and less of an inquisitor,” she said bitterly.

“You will have to do well in the next challenge, but I can say that the members of the Dark Council do not see you as a detriment at least. Baras will probably vote against you to spite Vowrawn, but then again maybe not, you never can tell with that one; almost as bad as Jadus.”

She sighed and then added, “Why even subject yourself to this heap of trouble and backbiting?”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:51 am

"Your words at least gives me more expectations to live up to," she chuckled at her own expense there. Hurn's disappointment with Jaheem was filed away as interesting tidbit.

"As for why? Because I wish to see the Empire be better than it can be - the Council has too long been ruined by internal strife and measurement competition between some. It was no joke when I said there's too many dour old men on the Council," the pureblood gave the female Darth before her a knowing smirk. "Either myself and those who see it the same way can make a difference, or well... become victim of the trouble and backbiting that you speak of. Won't know unless you try. It says something about the current times, does it not, that those stepping forward to reach for the seat are all young, and all but one are women."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 pm

“It does say something, hopefully it will be something good and not something we come to regret,” she replied.

“The Dark Council has grown insular and ineffective; I have seen that much. New blood could do a great deal for reinvigorating the apparatus. We are the Emperor’s Will, we should be focusing on that mission and not just hoarding power. The Emperor has returned to us, and soon he will guide us on the great crusade to wipe out the Republic, in this I have no doubt.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 pm

"It seems we are of similar minds," she bowed her head respectfully to the Darth. Not on all accounts, of course, but similar enough.

"The votes of the Council will be quite interesting."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:14 pm

“The crone might know. I would rather live in the now instead of being paralyzed by the future,” she offered.

“Continue as you have and you will have my vote, at least.”
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 pm

She gave a deferential nod to the woman. "I will, Darth Hurn."

Lord Tenebrous

Postby Dapper Dog on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:54 pm

“The Dark Council expects great things of the aspirants,” she said thoughtfully before an aide approached ready to take her to another appointment.

“Our work is never done.”

She departed.
Dapper Dog

Postby Lord Tenebrous on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:49 am

Shaisha offered a bow to the departing Darth.

Then, with that over, she breathed easily and moved on. Her presence was needed elsewhere.

/scene

Lord Tenebrous

Return to The People's Court